Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-15-09, 11:03 AM  
TinaT

Forgot How Much Fun WHFN Lean IS

I threw this one in this morning and really enjoyed my workout. Love the music and of course Keli. It's been quite a while since I did this one and forgot that it has some great moves. I would love to see Keil do more workouts like this.

I also did Pump a few day ago and felt the same way. For some reason I don't have a dread factor with the ab work in the WHFN Series like I do with other instructors. I wonder why?
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-09, 11:59 AM  
ko09
Account Disabled

I like the WHFN workouts too. Anna did such a nice job with the production of them I wonder why she didn't continue making them. I think if she would of started making some more advanced workouts like the Classics they would of took off more.
ko09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-09, 12:07 PM  
TinaT

I agree. I think there was so much red tape with trying to come close the Classics/original work that it probaby wasn't worth it. Especially now that GAIAM has given her permission to re-make her work into dvds. I think this is probably a nice change for her.

I really think she is gifted in her production quality. I did ask years ago if she could somehow remake her own work with the updated set, different instructors and even different music. Change a few exercises here and there so it's truly "new" and she said that would be walking too thin of a line for her own comfort.

The amazing part about WHFN and her earlier work is that she never seemed to loose the fun factor in the majority of her routines. I can name on one hand the workouts that might be a bit boring, but that's not much considering all the workouts she's produced.
Old 04-15-09, 12:09 PM  
FirmDeb

I just did Lean on Monday. I was browsing through my collection and pulled that one out. I hadn't done it in a very long time. I enjoyed the workout, it was fun. Tomorrow I'm doing Pump.

Debra
FirmDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-09, 12:16 PM  
TinaT

I really think having instructors like Keli and Kimberly S. in these really helped give a more athletic feel to them without compromising the set and music. Just and overall nice blend. I mentioned Kimberly b/c I'm going to do Fast Cheetah tomorrow. Love her in this!
Old 04-15-09, 12:18 PM  
F1mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT
I really think she is gifted in her production quality. I did ask years ago if she could somehow remake her own work with the updated set, different instructors and even different music.
Totally. I've been previewing some of the Karen Voight workouts I received SASE for the first time, and while the actual moves are incredible, I found myself cringing at the production quality, especially the peach colored set used in Firm Arms & Abs.

There was nothing like those original FIRMs. I wouldn't trade the incredible variety we have available now for anything, but those first FIRMs will always have a place in my video collection.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-09, 12:49 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I just wanted to add that I also really enjoy the WHFN workouts. I especially Crunch Time and Strong Bear
ebianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-09, 12:57 PM  
Redeye

When I finish my STS rotation, I'm going to do ALLLLL the WHFNs - my "feel good" workouts.

I love everything about them.
Old 04-15-09, 01:20 PM  
TinaT

I'm trying to do a Benson FIRM and WHFN rotation but I keep making excuses and doing just WHFN. Don't get me wrong, I love my "vintage" FIRMS, but right now I'm really enjoying WHFN. I traded them off a while back and still am missing 2. (upper body and lower body burn). I'll come across them some day.

Anyway, I feel like I have so much energy right now...which I haven't had in months. I think when I do a workout that's fun and effective it really does something for me mentally.
Old 04-15-09, 02:45 PM  
dnna

I actually "treasure" my copy of Lean, in fact I traded for a back up copy. When I am down and out and feeling as low as possible I pull out Lean. I try not to do it too often because I am someone who does workouts over and over and then shelves them!! but I have had it now for a couple of years and it still is my favorite workout for a bad day!
I like all the whfn and kickbutts, and the original series.
have a good workout day Tina t!!
donna
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote