Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-27-16, 07:11 PM  
isebelleg44

Which Lauren Brooks?

I like Lauren Brooks and have three of her DVDs. I am debating about which to get next. I find her DVDs pricey so I can only justify getting one. I was going to get them from Amazon. Shut Up & Train is the one I have been wanting, but it is the most expensive. I don't own her first one & Kettle Body was the other I was interested in. Any opinions appreciated!

I wonder why Kettlebell Lightning dropped so much, and of course I have that one!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-16, 08:13 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
I like Lauren Brooks and have three of her DVDs. I am debating about which to get next. I find her DVDs pricey so I can only justify getting one. I was going to get them from Amazon. Shut Up & Train is the one I have been wanting, but it is the most expensive. I don't own her first one & Kettle Body was the other I was interested in. Any opinions appreciated!

I wonder why Kettlebell Lightning dropped so much, and of course I have that one!
Wait until her next sale. She very often has 40% off sales.

Her 1st one is my most used. I love SUAT & kettlebell body is good - more strength based & uses the ladder principle.

She may very well run a Memorial Day sale

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-16, 08:29 PM  
beth22

If you have two kettlebells of the same size, I highly recommend Ultimate Body Sculpt and Conditioning Vol. 3. The upper body and lower body segments are gems. Do you have a TRX? She has a 28 minute workout using the TRX (I have a Jungle Gym, not a TRX but it still works fine) and I love this workout. I also love Vol. 2. I just purchased Shut Up and Train today and have only done workout 1 so I really can't comment on that one. Her first dvd is very good too. I use Kettlebell Lightning a lot - especially the upper body and kettlebell lightning segments. I'd say I use Vol. 2, Vol. 3 and Kettlebell Lighting the most. Gosh I'm not much help am I?!?! So sorry. I have almost every dvd she's ever put out and I just love them all!
beth22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-16, 10:07 PM  
katmom

BTW, I don't use a TRX for UBSC volume 3. I have been able to use the stability ball to replicate the TRX moves.
Old 05-28-16, 06:30 AM  
beth22

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmom View Post
BTW, I don't use a TRX for UBSC volume 3. I have been able to use the stability ball to replicate the TRX moves.
That's exactly what I did until I got a Jungle Gym! The stability ball works great!
beth22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-16, 09:10 AM  
Breezy Trousers

SUAT is my hands-down favorite Lauren Brooks workout. I hope she releases a sequel! It's so versatile. You can make it as hard as you want, can use it as an add-on or string together mix-and-match segments for a "total" workout. ZERO dread factor, too .... Lauren's pregnancy workout, Baby Bells, doesn't get much attention here but that's always been a long-time favorite, too.... If you're returning to workouts after recovering from an injury/surgery, SUAT and Baby Bells move slowly enough for you to gain body confidence before jumping back into the faster-paced workouts.

I like Kettlebell Body and her first release, too. I own her other workouts but don't pull them out that much. Those are more metabolic-style workouts and, frankly, my collection is already cluttered with so many "metabolic" workouts ..... Having said that, Mary just listed Lauren's newest DVD, Incinerator, for sale, but I'm crossing my fingers that Lauren has a Memorial Day sale.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-16, 09:46 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

40off is still working on her site for all of the dvd's except incinerator.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-16, 11:57 AM  
isebelleg44

Thanks everyone! I know that I really want SUAT, but the price is still too high. Even with the 40% off, I think you still pay $8 in shipping.

I pulled out volume 2 today and got a great workout

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
Old 05-31-16, 01:33 PM  
windyh
VF Supporter

SUAT is my first favorite and KBB 2nd. Waiting on a better sale for Incinerator.
windyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-16, 03:25 PM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by windyh View Post
SUAT is my first favorite and KBB 2nd. Waiting on a better sale for Incinerator.
Does she ever have better sales than 40%? I would bite, but can't get over the shipping charges.