Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-15, 02:55 PM  
basima

Yes, lots of excellent cliffhangers. Glen's possible death, Rick's hand, and the mystery behind Enid. Was she one of the Wolves? Where is she going??
basima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 05:26 PM  
willowey124

With regard to Rick's hand - there was a large knife/machete sticking out of one of the walkers shoulder when he was on the road and he cut his hand on it whilst "killing" it.

I am devastated and really thought Glen was dead but you guys are giving me some hope.....
willowey124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 05:49 PM  
beth22

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowey124 View Post
With regard to Rick's hand - there was a large knife/machete sticking out of one of the walkers shoulder when he was on the road and he cut his hand on it whilst "killing" it.

I am devastated and really thought Glen was dead but you guys are giving me some hope.....
Ahhhh interesting. I missed that re: Rick's hand. I was wondering what happened to him! And yes, have hope. I truly don't believe that Glenn is dead. I really, really don't.
beth22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-15, 08:23 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Wow. I thought there was no question that Glenn was dead. But you guys are giving me hope.

When Michone was trying to climb over the fence and the wal kers were grabbing at her, I was actually squirming in my seat lifting my feet to help her.

How in the world could they explain Glenn surviving that ordeal ?????

Guess I'll have to watch next week
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-15, 10:14 PM  
angie_nrs

I don't think Glen is dead. I think Nicolas fell on top of him and the blood and guts are his, not Glen's. If walkers were tearing out his left shoulder area, there would not be blood spurting out like that nor would there be intestines. IF that spouting blood was Glens in that general area, it would have been a cardiac artery and he would have been dead instantly. Then again since Nic is already dead, he shouldn't have any blood spouting from an artery either since his heart isn't pumping. Maybe I'm looking too closely at it, but I think the intestines were a hint. The show runners KNOW that folks will be re-watching that clip several times over.

I think Glen will scoot under the dumpster and there will be a manhole under it for him to escape into OR the walkers will get redirected by a loud noise somewhere allowing him to escape.

The cut on Ricks hand might be a lead to amputation? I have not read the comics but my son said that Rick lost an arm very early on in the comics, which I think is what Chris Hartwick was alluding to. I think he's going to climb on top of the RV and wait it out until the walkers get redirected by Darryl and the gang.

I can't wait to watch next week to see what I'm wrong about....
angie_nrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-15, 01:43 PM  
antbuko

Well, I watched the episode twice and I will be very surprised if Glen didn't die. I don't see how he could possibly have survived, but maybe the other guy was on top of him, and Glen used him has a shield until he could sneak under the dumpster, but then what? My daughter insisted too that she didn't think Glen died.

It was unfortunate that Nicholas made Glen fall into the herd, but I totally empathized with Nicholas. He was so traumatized by the hopelessness of it all. I really can't blame him. Rick's plan just didn't work out. I think they need grenades or something to chuck at herds at this point, or bazookas. It would at least bail them out of a jam such as Glen and Nicholas were in. And ditches. Dig zombie ditches and start herding small quantities of them at a time right into a ditch and then annihilate them.

I was traumatized by Glen's death all day Monday. I really don't think he survived that.
Old 10-28-15, 01:46 PM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie_nrs View Post
I don't think Glen is dead. I think Nicolas fell on top of him and the blood and guts are his, not Glen's. If walkers were tearing out his left shoulder area, there would not be blood spurting out like that nor would there be intestines. IF that spouting blood was Glens in that general area, it would have been a cardiac artery and he would have been dead instantly. Then again since Nic is already dead, he shouldn't have any blood spouting from an artery either since his heart isn't pumping. Maybe I'm looking too closely at it, but I think the intestines were a hint. The show runners KNOW that folks will be re-watching that clip several times over.

I think Glen will scoot under the dumpster and there will be a manhole under it for him to escape into OR the walkers will get redirected by a loud noise somewhere allowing him to escape.

The cut on Ricks hand might be a lead to amputation? I have not read the comics but my son said that Rick lost an arm very early on in the comics, which I think is what Chris Hartwick was alluding to. I think he's going to climb on top of the RV and wait it out until the walkers get redirected by Darryl and the gang.

I can't wait to watch next week to see what I'm wrong about....
Good points you make about Glen's survival. We shall see! They really kicked this season off with some compelling episodes.
Old 10-30-15, 10:57 AM  
acey

Not only do I love the essence of the character of Glenn, but also the still-rare chance for a fine Asian American actor to play a major role. I just hope that isn't over!

Hopeful hints: Glenn calling Rick "Dumbass" on the walkie-talkie. Maybe this is a hint that Glenn will be trapped under the dumpster just like Rick was trapped in the tank when he first called Rick "dumbass" in Episode 1.2.

The poetic justice it would be if Nicholas actually "saved" Glenn by being on top of him, covering him in his own walker blood and thus giving him camouflage (another allusion to Ep. 1.2)

The idea that Glenn having to live now not just once, but twice in what - a week? - of seeing someone he took in as a "protege" be ripped apart right before his very eyes. Noah was separated only by a glass, but Nicholas (theoretically) is ripped apart *right on top of him*!! No way in hell Glenn can remain that hopeful person IF he does survive.

But of course, all those allusions to Ep. 1.2 might just easily be an indication of the end of his story arc. And...maybe Maggie's pregnant..?
Old 10-31-15, 08:13 AM  
pcdoctor01

Norman Reedus to get his own reality show

Norman Reedus to get his own reality show.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...lity-show.html
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-15, 09:19 AM  
willowey124

Don't count on any answers regarding Glenn or Rick's fate tomorrow as apparently the whole episode is devoted to Morgan's back story. Looks like we're gonna have to wait another week.....
willowey124 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite tv shows, fear the walking dead, ftwd, the walking dead, twd