Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-15, 04:49 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
Thanks for the reply, Joni .

Cathe does look like she's in tip-top shape. She is such a great fitness role model for women of all ages. When I look at her, I think that aging is no excuse to get out of shape. It takes hard work to be fit as we get older, but Cathe makes me believe that great fitness is possible at any age.
She does look great! But you know, I think sometimes we do ourselves a disservice by forgetting that it's Cathe's job to be fit and in shape. She makes her living that way and devotes much of her time to teaching fitness classes, etc. On the other hand, my job is something else entirely, and involves a lot of desk work. I personally think it's a bit unreasonable for most of us, especially as we age, to expect to look as good as Cathe or Kelly Coffey-Meyer, for example. I'm not saying that we shouldn't work hard to maintain our fitness - but that we should have realistic goals.

Carol
slinking off to hide...
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-15, 05:22 PM  
lesia

I agree that it's Cathe's job to be fit. I can't imagine how she's filming a 7 dvd series from Sunday to Thursday and then hopping on a plane to go to the Daytona Road Trip. I'm 48 and I know she's right at 50. I've worked out with her since I was in my 20s. I'm in awe because she makes 50 look really good!!

She is in tip-top shape but I've always wondered if she gets burned out?

Probably.

Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-15, 05:34 PM  
beth22

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
She does look great! But you know, I think sometimes we do ourselves a disservice by forgetting that it's Cathe's job to be fit and in shape. She makes her living that way and devotes much of her time to teaching fitness classes, etc. On the other hand, my job is something else entirely, and involves a lot of desk work. I personally think it's a bit unreasonable for most of us, especially as we age, to expect to look as good as Cathe or Kelly Coffey-Meyer, for example. I'm not saying that we shouldn't work hard to maintain our fitness - but that we should have realistic goals.

Carol
slinking off to hide...
I agree
beth22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-15, 05:55 PM  
bubbles76

Cathe is so petite. What is her height?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day

Last edited by bubbles76; 10-07-15 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Changed "How short is she" to "what is her height". Even though I'm a shortie, it seems so impolite the other way :)
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-15, 06:01 PM  
deineira

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post

Carol
slinking off to hide...
I really appreciate your post, Carol. It's tempting to see them as role models without considering that it's a full time job for them to stay fit. I, on the other hand, have a job and it does not entail working out for several hours a day! I know the original comment was only meant to point out that it's possible to stay fit as we age, which is also a good reminder, but using Cathe as a fitness role model could certainly create some very unrealistic expectations for most of us as we round the curve of middle age. Thanks for the reminder!

On another note, I placed my order today and I'm excited to get this set. Even though I don't look anything like Cathe, I can keep up with her because she has kept me in pretty good shape for the last 20 years.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-15, 06:58 PM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I met her some years back and took a picture with her. (Pre-selfie days so we were standing next to each other and someone else took it so you can tell how tall someone is compared to who they are standing next to).

I remember feeling like a giant and I'm 5'7.5. She was no more than 5'2' if that much. She is so tiny and she turned 51 this past July.
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-15, 07:09 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deineira View Post
I really appreciate your post, Carol. It's tempting to see them as role models without considering that it's a full time job for them to stay fit. I, on the other hand, have a job and it does not entail working out for several hours a day! I know the original comment was only meant to point out that it's possible to stay fit as we age, which is also a good reminder, but using Cathe as a fitness role model could certainly create some very unrealistic expectations for most of us as we round the curve of middle age. Thanks for the reminder!

On another note, I placed my order today and I'm excited to get this set. Even though I don't look anything like Cathe, I can keep up with her because she has kept me in pretty good shape for the last 20 years.
I am also excited to get these - I ordered them the first day the presale was posted!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-15, 02:58 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Cathe announced on Facebook they are now done filming ICE. Yeah!

Denise

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-15, 06:23 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
She is 5'1" and so are most of the girls... Brenda, Cedie, etc. She is tiny.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-15, 06:24 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
Cathe announced on Facebook they are now done filming ICE. Yeah!

Denise
Isn't that great?!?!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe ice, filming a workout, ice