Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-07-22, 07:16 AM  
nora
VF Supporter

It was the west coast of Canada,and mostly on Vancouver island where I went! So beautiful there. I was there as a kid, but hadn’t been back as an adult. The only problem is it rains a lot - like Washington state or Oregon I guess. I couldn’t live there because of that.

I’ve been walking every day for an hour. I also started my 3 times per week short weight w.o. I divided cathe metabolic ice in two, and also did her 30 minute upper body. So I’ve met my objective, but will probably do her 30 minute LB today since it’s raining outside. Oh ya-I got my bike out yesterday and took it for a little spin.

Cambet, I’m back on lose it, logging again. So far, so good and I plan to be at goal before the end of may. I seem to have to do that each and every spring, cuz I always gain a few extra lbs over the winter. So what! For your Fitbit, it you just manually click on any exercise and hit start on your watch, it will record your calories from that second to when you hit stop. I do that when I don’t trust it to auto record. Enjoy what’s left of your break!

SB, don’t put your back out with the weights! My Dd tells me it’s been raining quite a bit in your neck of the woods. Makes it less motivating for walking I guess.
Old 04-07-22, 11:17 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday was just 100 kettlebell swings and the deep squats which seem to really help my back. It's pouring today so definitely no walking for me. I'd like to get myself motivated for weight work but I just can't seem to pull the trigger.

NORA, ah sounds lovely in Vancouver Island. My brother in law used to live in Washington State right across the strait from somewhere in Canada. Victoria?
Vancouver Island? Not sure but you could see it from where he was. Yes a lot of rain over that way. Good to see the bike reappear. I guess before you know it you'll be heading for the cottage.

Rain is very depressing to me. I don't walk in it either so that doesn't help matters.
I gained a few lbs this winter too.
I figure the not exercising contributed to that too. I had lost 10 lbs last winter so I'm not worried about it but I don't like a gaining trend. I know where that can lead.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 07:18 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Wednesday I did CH: Wild Goose Chase and some of Trail Ride to make it to over 10,000 steps for the day.

Yesterday I decided to give the spin bike a real chance, so I watched videos about proper seat height (mine was a bit too low), and put on proper clothes (biking pants) and shoes (I don't have clip-ins, but I did wear flat-soled sneakers, as they recommend). It was a much better experience and I actually enjoyed it, though it was tough. I did a 20 min 90s hip hop ride with Robin on the Peloton app. That was a good one. I was expecting much better music overall on the Peloton app; it's good that you can choose a lot of preferences from a ton of workouts to narrow it down, but I was just expecting more motivating music that I would recognize but that hasn't been the case. Robin has a lot of 90s music and I like her as an instructor, so I'll probably stick with her for the next few rides. I was pretty winded at the end, but at least I was able to do all 20 mins this time. I tacked on 10 mins of CH as a cool down. I also cut the front lawn with the push mower in the evening, so that helped me to make it to over 10,000 steps for the day.

I'm leaving for Atlanta this morning and will likely not work out while I'm away. I'll be back Sunday afternoon.

SB - Good job with the KB swings and deep squats. It does sound like they are really helping! I've also mentioned that I would like to get back into weight work, but I haven't found the time or motivation yet.

Nora - Good job with your workouts! Vancouver Island sounds lovely! I'm back to using Lose It more regularly (in the last while I'd skip days, especially when I eat out and it's harder to keep track). This week it's helped me to see how much I'm overeating. Thanks for the Fitbit tip! I can't add a workout in the way you have mentioned (I have the Alta), BUT, I did find where I can manually add workouts after I do them, so I'll be able to manually add my spin workouts. I still have my eye on maybe getting an Apple Watch, though, just for fitness (so I would get a lower-series than the current Series 7).
Old 04-08-22, 05:37 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

As for workouts, yesterday I walked and did Cathe's Perfect 30 LB. Today, I walked for an hour and did a half hour of step with K. Anderson.

Cambet - My hubs has an echelon bike in the workout room. I've tried a couple of times but haven't managed to do it with any regularity. I kind of like it when I do it. I have trouble motivating for weight workouts also. What's really helped me get more regular is promising myself that I won't do it for more than a half hour. That's how I got through the P90 rotation I did, and it's still working for me now that I'm diversifying.

SB- Yes, Victoria is on Vancouver island. A short ferry ride from Washington. I walked in the rain today. You're correct: it's depressing!
Old 04-10-22, 09:28 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

35 minute outdoor walk

Not sure if I'll be walking today. I have some cooking to do since DS and his gf are coming for dinner so I'll see how the day goes.

CAMBET, glad to see you made some adjustments and are enjoying the bike a little more. Enjoy your time in Atlanta!

NORA, nice workouts. Keeping things short and sweet usually helps as far as workouts are concerned. It did drizzle on me briefly during my walk yesterday but it was pleasant overall.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 04-12-22, 11:07 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

40 minute outdoor walk
100 kettlebell swings
2 minute deep squat

My back is pretty much back to normal *knock wood*. I am feeling a slight soreness/tightness the last day or 2 but it's very minor. Just a reminder to still be very cautious.

Old 04-13-22, 09:34 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

35 minute outdoor walk

Planning another walk for today hopefully in this lovely springlike weather.

Have a good one!!
Old 04-14-22, 08:10 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

40 minute outdoor walk
100 kettlebell swings
deep squat stretch

Planning another walk in this lovely warm weather.

Have a good one!
Old 04-15-22, 06:43 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Popping in mostly to say hello. This week has been INSANE. I had a great time in ATL with the kiddos. I got back and had to pull an almost all-nighter to finish grading an exam that I HAD to give back on Monday. That threw my sleep off for the rest of the week. I got home Monday evening and crashed on the couch almost as soon as I walked in the door, and before I got the chance to eat dinner. Tuesday and Wednesday I had after-hours evening events at work. Tuesday I got in and crashed on the couch without eating dinner. Wednesday I managed to stay up long enough to eat dinner, but just barely. Taking a ride on my bike, or otherwise working out, was not an option the first 3 days of the week. I'm looking forward to living healthier (with exercise and food) next week!

Yesterday evening I took a little over an hour-long (3.49 mile walk) with one of the Italy crew in her neighborhood. I'm a bit out of sorts and practice exercising, so it was a challenge to keep up with her (she is a faster walker than me by nature). Made it to over 13,000 steps for the day.

SB - You've done a great job of keeping up with your walks! Great news that it sounds like your back is mostly back to normal! Yay! I'm sure you'll continue to be cautious. It's nice to walk in this lovely weather!
Old 04-15-22, 08:17 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

40 minute outdoor walk

I was in the next town running errands so popped into my favorite park for a walk.
It was lovely. Actually we got into the upper 80s yesterday which felt hot but it's back to more seasonable temps today.
I'm going to breakfast with a friend and meeting my sister later for coffee so not sure if/when I'll get some exercise in today.

CAMBET, obviously you needed the sleep more than the exercise so it's good you got some rest. Sounds like a nice long brisk walk with your friend! Glad you enjoyed your time in Atlanta too.