Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-17-20, 11:09 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I love sending cards ever since I discovered Love Pop cards. They never fail to impress people and the older people love to keep them on display. I even send out Halloween cards because the Love Pop Halloween cards are amazing. I have a whole bin of their cards and have a hard time parting with them.
They have such beautiful cards!

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-20, 12:23 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I've cut back over time but I do love to send out cards. I only send to family and my good friends - I stopped sending to those who don't reciprocate. The list has gotten smaller so I shop for more spendy cards with a nature theme.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-20, 03:05 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

We still send out cards, but our list does get smaller. Every year we say we're going to stop since we get fewer and fewer cards, but this year we just wanted to feel a small connection with family and friends since we haven't seen them. It isn't much of a burden for us since our list is so small, and I do enjoy picking out cards. We have a "battle" with one relative over who can send the funniest card each year so that adds a bit of fun to it.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-20, 11:07 AM  
antbuko

I abandoned Christmas cards for years then started sending them a couple of years ago. This year I have not received many at all, but I think it's a great tradition to preserve so I will continue sending them each year. I'd also like to revive letter writing too.
Old 12-18-20, 11:45 AM  
Leela
VF Supporter

For the sake of mother earth

I don't send any cards out.
Leela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-20, 11:49 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
I abandoned Christmas cards for years then started sending them a couple of years ago. This year I have not received many at all, but I think it's a great tradition to preserve so I will continue sending them each year. I'd also like to revive letter writing too.
I'm afraid letter writing is a lost art. I try to write a little something in the Christmas cards I send; there aren't a lot of cards I send so writing a little something to each person feels a bit more personal. However, it seems the cards I receive are more like form letters with no variation in one card to the next. I shouldn't complain; it is nice to receive them.
Old 12-18-20, 02:09 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Many of us considered "elderly" still like to receive holiday cards in the mail. It seems more personal than the general FaceBook post or the random group e-card.

(I still send post cards when I go on trips. I love receiving post cards, but they are truly a lost practice. Some of the National Parks sell beautiful post cards. I'm surprised anyone still sells them.)

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-20, 12:19 PM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Many of us considered "elderly" still like to receive holiday cards in the mail. It seems more personal than the general FaceBook post or the random group e-card.

(I still send post cards when I go on trips. I love receiving post cards, but they are truly a lost practice. Some of the National Parks sell beautiful post cards. I'm surprised anyone still sells them.)
My sister & her husband send me postcards every time they travel and I just love!
Old 12-19-20, 12:34 PM  
Vantreesta

I haven't thought about postcards in ages! We don't do much traveling but I think I may start sending them to my one aunt. She would love it. Now to just remember when traveling starts again!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-20, 03:34 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

I’ve sent out more snail mail in general this year to keep connected. I’ve sent the LovePop cards this year to my mom when she was in a memory care facility (she passed on in Nov). My dad likes them too. We all need a little lift. Sadly I’ve been sending out sympathy cards too.

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
christmas cards, holiday cards, off-topic