Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-23-14, 07:36 AM  
horsemom2

Talking about too much gore and boobs, I have been letting the last season of True Blood go ignored planning to watch it On Demand and think I'll try bouncing during it!

I have watched GOT but think I need to give it more conscious attention than True Blood.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-14, 07:39 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach View Post
There are 2 more books, right?
There are 5 books out now with 7 officially planned but like andtckrtoo mentioned there is rumors he may extend it to 8. Apparently he first planned it to be a trilogy but obviously that has changed! Here is a link about that: http://www.theguardian.com/books/201...f-thrones-book

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie View Post
I just started watching about a month ago. I binge watched all the seasons. It's a really great show. My favorite characters are Tyrion, Jon Snow and Khaleesi.

I really hope binge watching isn't bad for you. It's my favorite way to watch a series!!!!
Me too!!! Are people saying it's bad for you now? Poo on that I say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPLYN61 View Post
For those of you that have read the books, do the books follow the series year? Like book one for season one? I;m looking to pick up summer reading but not sure I want to get all the books.....your thoughts?
They started out doing each season with each book and following it closely. Season 1 encompassed book 1, season 2/book 2 with the plots being very true to the books. With book 3 there was so much action and plot they split it into season 3 and 4. Season 4 also wound up including elements from book 4 and 5 as well for certain characters. In fact, Sansa's story is pretty much completely told up to the 5th book so I have no idea what they will do with Sansa next season if GRM doesn't get off his hiney and get this 6th book published.

Season 4 even included some elements that some people are saying are spoilers for the books since it hasn't shown up in the books yet. Supposedly GRM has talked with the writers of the show and told them much of what he plans for the books, I imagine so they don't veer too far away from what his plans are when they make changes from the books. So far I have liked what they have done when they diverge from the books. They often streamline stories and condense 2 characters to one for simplicity. I know it seems like the series has a ton of characters but in the books there are even more and it is even more confusing! LOL
Old 07-23-14, 09:03 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I had to take notes when reading the books. Each chapter is devoted to one character. Sometimes it's hundreds of pages before you visit a character again, and it's hard to remember what he or she was doing when you last read about them.
Old 07-23-14, 01:02 PM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
I had to take notes when reading the books. Each chapter is devoted to one character. Sometimes it's hundreds of pages before you visit a character again, and it's hard to remember what he or she was doing when you last read about them.
I've been known to read all of one character's chapter and then go back and read another etc
Old 07-23-14, 05:50 PM  
caitlinpyle

I bounce through Game of Thrones, too :-) A whole episode is QUITE the workout

Barre, Indoor Walking, and Rebounding Lover

Favorites: Suzanne Bowen, Jessica Smith, Ellen Barrett
caitlinpyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-14, 05:57 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Here's the article that I saw about binge watching:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/06/1...searchers-say/
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-14, 09:37 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

We don't get whatever cable channel GOT is on in the package to which we subscribe. They did have a free preview one weekend and I watched exactly five minutes of one of the shows. It was the one where the horse was "killed." I don't have a problem with gore, but that scene was too much.

It made me never want to see that show ever again.

Debbie, that article was interesting, but I don't agree. We binge-watch all the time. We rarely watch regular TV. (Although an exception WILL be made for Sharknado 2 (wooo hooo!!!).

I feel that there are so many things we have no control over in our lives. We can control the way we spend our spare hours.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-14, 09:47 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

I agree Alta, I don't agree with that article at all. In fact, the opposite! Binge watching shows makes me a happy fan girl. I don't have to deal with all the frustration that goes along with darn commercials and weeks (and between seasons...months) of waiting what's going to happen next. It's the ultimate thrill ride getting into a new series and watching it one episode after the next and I come off the ride woozy and giddy.
Old 07-24-14, 10:02 AM  
antbuko

I like to listen to audio books while riding my spin bike. I toyed with the idea of starting the Game of Thrones series. I have not watched the HBO show. I thought it might be too much of a guy show for my taste, but it seems like plenty of women here enjoy it too. Perhaps I will reconsider and use an Audible credit to start the series.

ETA: Just scanned the article about binge watching and I disagree with it as well. I find jumping right to the next episode, and even better, the next season, very gratifying.
Old 07-24-14, 10:13 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I have bounced through several Netflix series, the British ones are my favs. I love Game of Thrones, have watched all of them.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite tv shows