Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-27-09, 10:01 AM  
lindmcg

Valeries's New Amazing 7 Dvd Valslides

Hi. After reading all the posts about the action hero babe system, I'm really interested. You girls really know how to convince me to buy more vids. When I went to her site I checked in the store, http://www.valslide.com/store.html and saw that there is a dvd called Amazing 7. It supposedly has these 7 workouts that will transform the body in wks. If I only need these seven then $18 ( 12.97 + S&H ) seems way more appealing to me than $100+ for the other system. Does anybody have this dvd or know anything about it? If it's just a compilation of her previous stuff then I'll just copy it from youtube or something. Thanks for any info.
lindmcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-09, 10:07 AM  
Susanq

I'm curious about this system too, are the 7 dvd proper workout dvds or are they just Valerie demonstrating the exercises?
Susanq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-09, 10:11 AM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

I'm wondering if it means '7 moves' rather than '7 workouts'. If it's the latter, it's a great deal, but that makes her current DVD package look way overpriced, and it seems like really 'too good' of a deal, so I'm guessing it's the former.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-09, 10:14 AM  
bearcatfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
I'm wondering if it means '7 moves' rather than '7 workouts'. If it's the latter, it's a great deal, but that makes her current DVD package look way overpriced, and it seems like really 'too good' of a deal, so I'm guessing it's the former.
I think you are right. It says the dvd will teach you the "7 Amazing Moves" or something like that.
Old 09-27-09, 10:17 AM  
lindmcg

That's probably it, 7 moves. But the question is does anybody have it & is it worth it ? I need to follow along. I can't just see it done once and just keep going by myself nor can I do it from a paper copy.I'm going to try & email her to see what she can tell me. Thanks for the info.
Old 09-27-09, 10:48 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I'm guessing it's the instructional DVD that comes with the Valslides (in certain packages), showing 7 moves.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-09, 12:29 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

I have the Amazing 7 DVD; it's not the same as the instructional that came with the GoFit Valslide package. This is a recent workout DVD shot in what looks like Valerie's home office. Valerie instructs a fitness model through the workout(s). The DVD consist of the following:

--Instructional demonstrating the 7 Valslide "Amazing Moves"

--20 minute express workout which is a circuit of the 7 Amazing Moves exercises, performed nonstop. Then rest for 1 minute and repeat 2 more times.

--40 minute "full body" workout combines the Valslide exercises with dumbell and body weight exercises. There are 2 circuits mixing the Valslide and other exercises. Each set of exercises are performed nonstop, rest for 1 minute and repeat 2 more times. Then move on to the next circuit.

There are no warm-up or cool down/stretch in these exercises so you will have to do your own. If you are getting the AHB, then it wouldn't be necessary to get this DVD. If you aren't getting AHB, then this is a cheaper alternative to trying out a Valerie Waters workout DVD.

Caution: it is a DVD-r
Old 09-27-09, 12:35 PM  
lindmcg

Got a Reply from Valerie

Wow that was fast. I just got a reply from Valerie.I wrote expressing my interest and needing more info as to whether it was a follow along or just demos and this is what she worte.

The Amazing 7 DVD, starts out with instructions and then you get a 20 minute valslide quick workout and a 40 minute full-body workout. For the 40 minute workout you will need a pair of dumbbells.

Love and Lunges,

Val

Now I'm even more interested than I was before. A full 40 min. workout. I think I'm going to cave and order it. I don't have the slides yet but I can probably improvise. Does anybody have any ideas on what I can sub for discs besides paper plates, or where I can get some really inexpensive ones? Thanks for any info.
Old 09-27-09, 01:00 PM  
chrisqan

perform better is having a sale on valslides:

http://www.performbetter.com/detail....ign_E_EOS+sale

you can also try gliding disc or furniture movers
chrisqan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-09, 02:32 PM  
beatchica

Does anyone know if the Amazing 7 DVD workouts are follow-along?

Thanks.
beatchica is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
valerie waters