Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-18-20, 04:04 PM  
DJ-H
VF Supporter

glavtx ~ I know I'm going to need to practice with some of the new step workouts I've gotten over the past couple weeks. Practice-rewind-repeat as needed.

Today I decided to use Kari Anderson Body Tech to help with my PT exercises. I did the warm up, then moved on to the upper body, then repeated the upper body but used my own PT exercises (the video just kept me company), then did the ab work with the video and the stretch/cool-down. Worked pretty good. So much better than just trying to do the PT exercises on my own (which is boring and non-motivational).

"Even though you can't turn back the clock, you can wind it up again." Joan MacDonald
DJ-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-20, 06:05 AM  
Cher

No workout yesterday. It was chilly and I felt lazy so took it as a rest day.

DJ - Your hour of fall garden clean-up counts in my book. What workouts did you buy?

Terri - I used to always preview workouts but no so much anymore. . If I got a new step workout, I would probably still preview but since nobody seems to be making step workouts much anymore, I rarely get a new one to try.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-20, 12:53 PM  
DJ-H
VF Supporter

Today: Petra Kolber The Last Step Workout 1; Karen Voight Burn & Firm Upper Body plus some PT exercises

Cher ~ I've ordered:
  • Petra Kolber The Last Step (received and did part today)
  • Total Body Balance: Low Impact Barefoot Cardio, Total Body Sculpting, Pilates Abs with Jessica Smith
  • Cathe Friedrich's LITE PHA 2
  • 30-Minutes to Fitness: Sculpting Rx with Kelly Coffey-Meyer
  • Cathe Friedrich's Step Boss Step Sync

"Even though you can't turn back the clock, you can wind it up again." Joan MacDonald
Old 10-20-20, 12:55 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

DH, looks like you ordered some great workouts.

Every time I read what you guys are doing, I get inspired to try something different. I just need to hold on to that feeling!

This morning I went outside and raked up a ton of leaves, and bagged them, so that's my big workout today. I've done 51 minutes on the treadmill, too, split into 2 walks. A few stretches, but not as much as I should do.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-20, 05:04 AM  
Cher

Monday’s workout was IDTV F&B Hips (This is my favorite one). I was busy doing bills, cooking, etc., but none of that got me any steps. I didn’t even have 3000 steps after dinner! It was too cold and rainy to walk outside so I ended up going down the basement and put in Leslie’s Walk Blaster dvd (the one with the 10 minute walk segments) and did Short & Sweaty and Brisk & Steady just to pump up my count a little. Yesterday’s workout Jessica Smith’s Get Strong Steppin Strength workout.

Well I’m thinking I might have had enough Flexibility and Beyond for now. I have noticed a big difference just in doing F&B even for just the couple weeks that I did it. I’m still going to try to continue some Yin Yoga maybe twice a week but 3 - 4 times is just to much for me right now. I just feel like I need to get in a little more strength and cardio.

DJ - Good workout choices. I think I have all of the except the Jessica Smith ones.

Terri - Racking leaves is a good workout!
Old 10-21-20, 10:32 AM  
DJ-H
VF Supporter

Greetings!

Yesterday I thought I'd do a 1-mile Leslie walk and then my PT exercises. I didn't actually do much of the walk, but started my PT and Leslie just kept me company. For some reason having a workout video on while I do PT doesn't make those exercises feel so boring. It doesn't seem to help much to try to watch something on TV though. I would have done more of the walking part of the video, but I was anxious to get outside to do some gardening. I transplanted some plants which involved weight lifting (moving a heavy pot), upper body strength to dig out the tangle of roots in the pot, walking with weights to push the wheelbarrow, and squats to transplant the plants in the ground, including some bending and stretching along the way. Then the sun was shining on our fire pit, so DH and I sat around the fire for a while. (I got a short nap.) The sun was actually too warm, yet the temperature read 54 degrees. No one was complaining though. LOL

Today I plan to do Tom Holland's Total Body Workout. That includes enough upper body for my PT.

Old 10-21-20, 03:01 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today was Rodney's AM Yoga For Your Week (Hip Openers) as well as 30 minutes on the treadmill. I have been doing plenty of indoor treadmill walks, which is why I haven't been posting each day. Kind of boring stuff going on here, LOL!

Have a beautiful Fall day!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-20, 03:18 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

DJ, way to go with a total body gardening workout!!!

Pam, yes, my workouts are pretty boring, but I still post just to see what everybody else has to say.

Cher, when I used to do more things - lift weights, yoga, barre, I had trouble some days getting steps in. It used to drive me nuts too, to find out the counter was in the wrong spot, and was missing some steps. I did convinced myself that my body knew, even if the fitbit didn't, but at first I'd sit and bob it around to add steps.

Last night my after dinner YT was Walk & Run with Nick and Rocky. She did the two "run" segments, and did get you going fast!

I started off today with a Jessica Smith Walk & Talk, and this one had better talking than walking. The title was something about appreciate your body, and what she said was motivating, but she seemed to be too caught up in the talk, and forgot to change the moves often enough. I changed them up on my own, and stuck it out just to get some steps in. My cat had curled up on the treadmill before I got to it, and looked too comfy to move.

I did get him off of it later, and have done a couple of walks on it.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 06:10 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Jessica Smith Jog and Jive and IDTV F&B Short and Sweet. Then went for about a 20 minute walk in the afternoon since the sun was out and it was in the 50’s. Since my SIL was at her house here, I stopped and picked up the puppy to go with me. (Back story....When my FIL passed away 7 years ago, My SIL moved in their house and started taking care of my MIL who has dementia.....My in-laws lived down the street from me. My SIL’s boyfriend has a condo on the lake about 20 minutes from here so they sometimes stay out there at the condo or sometimes stay out here at the house. They just got a puppy back in January so when they stay at the house, I get to see the puppy a lot ).

DJ - Great gardening workout.

Pam - Good job with all your treadmill walks. My workouts can be pretty boring too.

Terri - With regards to my step counts, I try to keep in mind that if I do something during my workout time whether I get steps or not, I’m still doing something and it’s all good for me. (Like when I do weights or regular yoga) It’s just some days when I do an hour of Yin Yoga, I feel like it’s not really a workout since I’m not moving much.....just holding poses and that I need to at least get a half way decent amount of steps.
Old 10-22-20, 12:53 PM  
DJ-H
VF Supporter

Today: Jessica Smith/Total Body Balance: Sole Sculpt, plus a few specific PT exercises
This is the video I recently received from an order, but I just noticed that it's not the actual video I ordered. It's fine, I'll keep it. I had trouble deciding which one anyway. Or maybe I got confused and have another one on order, too. I need to stop ordering for a while.

Tags
miracle mile