Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-20, 02:32 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Saturday we went hiking, so that was my activity for that day! Sunday, I was on the treadmill for 45 minutes, and will add some yoga before bedtime tonight!

Terri, that's a great idea!

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 06:05 AM  
Cher

On Friday I did the IDTV F&B 30 minute Bonus workout. I was getting ready to go up north so didn’t have an hour to spend but wanted to make an attempt to do my Friday Yin Yoga so did this Bonus instead of the hour one the rotation called for. Saturday my mom and I went for about a 30 minute walk. Yesterday drove home from the cabin. Went for a 30 minute walk later in the day after unpacking and stuff. We have had nice weather since about last Wednesday....highs in the upper 60’s. Unfortunately by this weekend, our highs will be in the upper 40’s! It’s a little too soon for that.

Terri - I also enjoy some of Leslie’s instructors over her at times too. It seems they have more variety.

Pam - I like Terri’s idea to start a new thread next month too. I also wouldn’t jump into a check-in with a ton of posts already.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 10:06 AM  
DJ-H
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
Pam - I like Terri’s idea to start a new thread next month too. I also wouldn’t jump into a check-in with a ton of posts already.
I have been thinking that, too, but was reluctant (as such a newbee to the group) to mention it, although you all have been so friendly and welcoming. I did have some hesitation about trying to jump in, but it seemed to be where I would fit best at the time. So, I now kind of feel like I'm not such a "restarter", as I've gotten back in the groove of exercising. Do members jump in and out of this thread as they move on to other threads when they are back on the horse, or are they slacking off exercising again? Probably some of both, I would imagine. I do think a monthly thread might generate more activity. We could do some brainstorming around a different name that might encourage some to stick around even if they have already been successful at "restarting":
  • "Restart and Keep It Up"
  • "REST ... Restart/Exercise/Stay on Track"

Yesterday, I pulled out Mari Winsor Buns and Thigh Sculpting. I have the DVD but it is available on YouTube. When I Googled it, I learned that Mari Winsor passed away about 5 months ago at age 70 after a long battle with ALS disease. So sad.

I did get my PT exercises done as well. I should be better about doing them, as I'm getting disappointed in my progress, and maybe that's why.

"Even though you can't turn back the clock, you can wind it up again." Joan MacDonald
DJ-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 02:21 PM  
Cher

Today’s workout was IDTV F&B Splits. This one was a bit hard for me. I had to figure a few modifications. Also went for a 40 minute walk after lunch.

DJ - I like “Restart and Keep it Up” or something to that effect. I believe this is the first thread for this check-in. I would love to stick around. I always feel like I could just fall off track again so easily.
Old 10-12-20, 03:49 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

DJ, I like both of those names, so "Restart and Keep It Up" sounds good to me too. I didn't know Mari Windsor had ALS, that is very sad.

Cher, I can't imagine highs in the 40s! We're back to 80's for a little while.

Yesterday treadmill during the day, and after dinner picked I Leslie "Wake Up & Walk Upper Body Blast" She starts you walking and says you can use no weights, 2lbs, 3, 5 up to 8. Nobody was using weights, but I thought, o.k., and grabbed some 1lb and 3lb dumbbells. I was the only one using anything, and there were a lot of bicep, tricep, delts, I could only use the 1lbs, and still slowed some arm moves down....anyway, after 10 minutes of all the walk stuff, it changed to just her with the weights set out, and she started upper body exercises for about 6 minutes
I felt goofy, but guess I pre-fatigued my arms for the short segment she did.

Today, treadmill, and 1 Mile Family Walk with Nick -- it was really cute, with 4 kids and the other walkers. 1 little girl was mostly jumping and doing whatever she felt like, but it was adorable.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 05:31 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Just a 30 minute treadmill interval walk for me. Wanted to do more but got a late start today. And, now it's getting dark so soon, the day is almost gone!

Those check-in names sound great. This check-in is so new, I don't think anyone bothered to start a new one each month, but we really should. Jane began it, but I haven't seen her posting in a while so anyone feel free to start one in November.

I also feel more accountable in a restarters check-in group. I'm not sure why that is but I've also been doing easier workouts so feel at home here now. Maybe my bod has slowed down over the years and I don't desire anything too strenuous. I do feel aches and pains more and when my old injuries start acting up.

I knew about Mari and it was terribly sad, indeed! I have almost every workout of hers that was available. Only do her workouts every so often but Buns and Thighs was a favorite and one I need to pull out more! Same with the band one with the same target area!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-20, 05:26 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Kathy Smith Total Body Turnaround Circuit Section and Leslie’s Walk Off Fat Fast 20 Minute Walk.

Terri - I know that Family Walk your talking about with the jumping little girl. Lol. I guess you got a lot of arm work in!

Pam - I hate this getting dark earlier already. I’m just dreading the time change when it will be dark here at 5:00.
Old 10-14-20, 03:33 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I wish they'd skip that time change, it's hard to get the cat to go along with it. He has very firm opinions on when bed time is!

I'm in one other check in, Friends in Fitness, and there are only about 5 of us in it, and only 3 of us check in regularly. That was why I picked it to start with, since it's easier to get to know people a little better, and feel like you belong in a small group. There aren't any real hard core exercisers, either, so I don't feel bad with my easier exercising. If anybody wants to try it out, you're very welcome.

Last night's after dinner walk start with a Walk at Home, led by Rocky, but it started to get sweat inducing, so I moved to music videos for the rest of my time.

Today, just the treadmill, and some weeding. Today was garbage day, and sitting here at the computer I can see some trash on the sidewalk in front of my house, so I guess I'll get a bag and go pick it up when I get done. I'll admit I'm hoping a breeze comes and blows it away before I do,

Hi to everybody.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-20, 09:35 PM  
DJ-H
VF Supporter

Kari Anderson Body Tech for me today. I did the upper body section twice to work my shoulder better for PT. DH and I took a 20 minutes "stroll" around the neighborhood after dinner. It was a bit dark and cool, but I dressed properly and felt fine.

I also previewed my new Petra Kolber workout "The Last Step". She has great quing, but it will still take a while to master the steps. It should be fun. There are three segments. And I previewed another video that I haven't done for quite a while to see how I could use it. There are four sections: cardio, lower body, upper body, and cool down/balance/flexbility. Again, for the upper body, I would probably need to do it twice to fulfill my PT requirements.

"Even though you can't turn back the clock, you can wind it up again." Joan MacDonald
DJ-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-20, 06:17 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was IDTV F&B Upper Body.

Terri - I’m in a couple check-ins......Total Max Mixers and Just the Workouts here on VF. I’m also in the VF Mom’s Check-in which I joined way back when I found VF 18 years ago! But, this one we moved to a private Facebook group years ago because it was easier for a few of the members. However, all my check-ins have twindled down to a very small group now.
I probably need to start making a point of doing a couple Leslie walks in the evening on my Yin Yoga days while doing this Flexibility and Beyond rotation since it is getting chilly here and I hate walking outside when it gets colder out and I really need to try to get more steps on those days.

DJ - Thanks for the reminder about Body Tech. I need to dig that out. It used to be a favorite of mine.

Tags
miracle mile