Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-20, 03:45 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

LAC, for years I kept my rebounder (bungee so no squeak) in the living room, and bounced during commercials and sometimes a show. Then I got my current cat, and it became a signal to him that it was play time, and I wanted my ankles to be grabbed with claws and bit and kicked!!! I moved it. I used to get a lot of extra steps in before he came.

Today I did Leslie's 1 Mile Heart Healthy walk, a few times on the treadmill, and the :08 Minute Arms and some of the abs. The arm segment actually did 3 exercises for the chest, 1 set of lat rows, 3 things for shoulders, 2 for biceps and 2 for triceps. I had to be fast picking up different weights, but it was really a pretty nice little workout. The abs, blah. Stretched on my own.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-20, 10:03 PM  
DJ-H
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
DJ-H, for an hour long cardio and total body workout, the first thing that popped into my mind was Kathy Smith's Project You Full Body Circuit.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll take a look. She seems to have several "full body" workouts that offer different variations.

Today I worked out to Tom Holland Total Body so did not have to add any PT exercises. Tomorrow is a travel day, so I'm not sure what I'll be able to do.

"Even though you can't turn back the clock, you can wind it up again." Joan MacDonald
DJ-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-20, 06:45 AM  
Cher

I feel so far behind here! I’ll try to get caught up. Got back from our cabin yesterday. It was a little cool, upper 60’s, some sun, some clouds, and a little windy. Too windy for the boat but it was still fun. Didn’t do any workouts except a couple little walks here and there. I feel like a slug! We have to go back up this weekend again. My sister is having her boyfriend’s (15 year fiancé ) 60th birthday party up there at their property on the lake Saturday.

Going to definitely do a workout this morning.

Pam - Shoot I have almost every Leslie dvd except I don’t think I have Tone Every Zone and that one sounds like it would fit my mood today. It figures. Lol. I did see I can get it from the library so I put it on hold to try.

Terri - I rarely do 45 minutes anymore either. I can’t believe I used to do an hour everyday and sometimes more.

LAC - I’m thinking maybe Project You Circuit might work for me today...but it’s an hour! Maybe I can skip some ab work.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-20, 01:27 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Cher, your time at the cabin sounds great, as does the upper 60's temp! I used to love long workouts, too, but, now I'd rather do several shorter things over the course of the day.

I did a 10 minute Leslie from YT last night after dinner.

I was looking on amazon Prime for the free Gina B workouts this morning, and never did find them, but saw they have the original Jane Fonda workout. It said it was over 1:30, so I didn't even look at it. I went to YT and did Leslie's 2 Mile Walk Strong, with 1lb weights, then stretched on my own. I'm hoping to remember the Jane Fonda and watch/try some of it later.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-20, 04:00 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I did Leslie's Walk and Tone Walk (entire 5 miles!) Even though this is in the bat cave, Leslie is really good in this one...focused and solo! It sounds like a lot but the variety is such that it doesn't feel long and you are using toning bands in a couple of the miles to add something different (though in one of the miles she double up the bands!) Yowza!

Have a good one!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-20, 10:28 PM  
DJ-H
VF Supporter

I had an odd day today. Started packing up to go to our little lake place, then it was on-again-off-again as to whether or not we would go due to smoke from local forest fires. In the end, we didn't go, so I felt I had wasted the whole day getting ready for nothing. Ended up finally doing my PT exercises when we got home from dinner out.

We are definitely going to the lake tomorrow, though. We will evaluate how smokey it is there and have the option to return home in a day or two if we choose to. DH and I will do our exercises before we leave, however. He will go jogging, and I will do a video exercise. I'm thinking The Firm's Tough Tape 2.

"Even though you can't turn back the clock, you can wind it up again." Joan MacDonald
Old 09-09-20, 04:49 AM  
Cher

Yesterday’s workout was Project You Circuit Workout. It was raining outside so in the evening I decided to do Leslie’s 10 Minute Light Walk to get to my 10,000 steps.

DJ - Hopefully all will be okay when you get to your lake place.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-20, 08:43 AM  
DJ-H
VF Supporter

For those of you who count steps (I don't), how many steps (average) in one of Leslie's one mile walks? I'm sure they are all a bit different, depending on the pace, but just curious.

Old 09-09-20, 08:06 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

Did Linda Stejskal's (Barlates) Lazy Day Series, Mat and Stretch Sculpt. I love Linda and this series is easy enough for me. I think it is a good restarter workout.
Old 09-09-20, 09:01 PM  
DJ-H
VF Supporter

I worked out with The Firm's Tough Tape 2 this morning as planned. I didn't think it was going to be that tough at first, but it definitely was. I'll be able to follow along better once I've done it a few times. I added Day 1 of 5 Day Abs which was also a good ab workout for me.

Tags
miracle mile