Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-20, 04:27 AM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

Wanted to thank you, the fire nearest us is 28% contained. We have foggy weather that is helping.

I did Gina B's 60's Power Walk. Cher, I found it tiring, too. Pam, I found myself doing different steps. I like Gina and found her motivating.

Terri, glad it went East.

Debbie, sorry about the protests. That sounds stressful.

Take care, everybody.
Old 08-29-20, 01:02 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I did another of Tina Smalley's Pink FIRM workouts (Fat Burning Sculpting Ball) as well as Gina B's YouTube Soul Sessions Dance Walk today. Great music from Soul Sessions!

Have a good weekend!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-20, 01:31 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Hi everybody!

Yesterday I ended up doing Body Project LI Fun w/o, followed by Walk at Home week 6 1 Mile Walk Party (long title). CS waist, and some yoga stretching.

Today, the treadmill, and more YT, Gina B's Super Soul Dance Walk, and her Power Walk The Pounds Off to the 80's (something like that) then CS waist and stretches. The 80s walk was faster, and I liked it's music, too, so had a really good time.

I need to remember to do more strength. I do balance moves with my yoga or CS, and I get some strength from both of them, too, but not like lifting weights.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-20, 04:57 AM  
dlb

Hi everyone,
Yesterday was a YT from CS with Miranda, Since I was on YT found a couple of cardio shows & found I didnt care for them or they stalled. Decided to pull out a dvd with Tanya (can't remember her last name) an oldie for me but she is so encouraging & the scenery is nice. Finished off with stretches.

Vac'd & scrubbed floors in the afternoon. Later went to the grocery store & it was pretty busy & picked over. I don't normally shop on the weekend so I don't know if people were over buying due to the protests in our area. They were also closing the store at 5. We have a 7 pm curfew.

Hoping good comes from all this!

Debbie
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-20, 05:47 AM  
Cher

Not sure where I left off posting my workouts. Wednesday was Gina Warm-up & Section 1 & 2 of her 70’s Decade Power Walk. Thursday I needed to do some type of weight workout but just didn’t feel like doing any of my dvds so I just did my own weight workout. Yesterday was an hour walk.

My mom’s 75th birthday was Friday so we are having a small birthday celebration at my sister’s house today. The only extra people outside my immediate family is my mom’s 2 sisters and their husbands. We will also be outside so it should work out nice. (If not for COVID we would have probably had a big party for her).

DJ - Hope you’re having a nice trip!

Pam - I agree about Gina’s Decade walk. I’m really get sick of the forward/back walking. She goes so fast that it gets irritating. On the 70’s sections I did Wednesday, I did my own thing a couple times because I just didn’t feel like doing those AGAIN. I think I did side steps and grapevines.

glavtx - Gina’s set is a white brick wall with big glass block windows on each side of her. To me it even looks like it needs repainting or something. Also the floor is just a nasty gray cement floor and it has spots and stuff all over it.

Mary - I’m glad I’m not the only one that found Gina’s new walks tiring.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-20, 07:02 AM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

Hey Everybody,

I did Gina B.'s 70's Decade Power Walk. Then I did the Flexibility and Relaxation (Session 1) of Jessica Smith's Gentle Yoga Stretch. I loved Jessica's Yoga Dvd.

Have a great day.
Old 08-30-20, 01:21 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

This morning I did a Leslie 2 Mile Walk from YT, and did steps from her and Gina while watching two Playing For Change videos: What's Goin' On, which I love! and Country Roads, which was also very good. I only had 7682 steps from all that, so did 22 minutes on the treadmill.
I've also done upper body weights, on my own, and tried out a short yoga practice from YT, but didn't care for it, so did my own.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-20, 01:54 PM  
LAC

I have been AWOL from working out all week and I have no valid excuse why.

This morning I started out with Tanja Djelvic's tubing workout, but it just wasn't clicking for me so I ditched it and moved on to Carol Michael's Osteoporosis Workout Using an Exercise Ball. Then hubby and I played 9 holes of golf walking the course and carrying our bags. I did not play very well, but it was nice to be outside. It feels a lot like fall today which makes me a little blue as I am not ready for summer to be over.

Debbie, I cannot imagine living where the protests are taking place. Stay safe!

Cher, happy 75th birthday to your mom! That's a big one!

Waving hello to everyone
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-20, 09:41 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I did Cathe's LITE Body Weight and Bands (Timersaver #2---Standing Only.) I also added Gin Miller's Build Up Your Muscles (tubing workout.) Both good workouts.

Yesterday I was previewing some of Gina Buber's other workouts. She does a short Disco "Disco Funk" routine with a partner Nathan (and he teaches the choreography.) It's in a dance studio with a mirror behind them. It was a lot of fun and there are a group of people following along. There's also a video (on her wedding day) where Gina and her father are dancing. Her wedding dress is beautiful and she is just gorgeous!

Hope everyone enjoyed their Sunday!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-20, 03:29 AM  
dlb

Good morning everyone.
yesterday was a mixture of a few things, 10 mins of CS Season 8 - only 10 mins, til Miranda told me to get a chair, did a partial section of Ellen B, til she told me to get on the floor, then it was another dvd & I dont remember what is was. Decided to weed for a hour.

Enjoy the day

Debbie
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
miracle mile