Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-20, 01:27 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

LAC, I tested it this morning and my VCR does work. I hope your cricket bit the dust.

Debbie, I'm glad your dog is doing well. I love my rotten cat so much, I'd be going nuts if he had surgery.

I did 20 minutes of Dance That Walk Latin this morning, and plan to do more later.
After a while I did 30 minutes on the treadmill. Decided I'd test out the VHS's and wanted to try Power Mat Science (CIA 2103) it said "a pilates/yoga strengthening and stretch workout for the entire body." Well, 1st you have to get thru 55 minutes of aerobics! I did do 25 minutes of the aerobics, and it was fun. Then could only do 10 minutes of the mat before my aching abs made me stop. Nest I did 7 Minutes of Magic PM extended version (QI Gong) and some sun salutations and CS waist, and felt so good!

There are so many workouts on these tapes that I'd like to try, but I hate FF and rewinding to get to what I want. Plus, I think most will be too complicated anyway, cause there are a lot of step workouts that are "creative, awesome " or some term like that!

Hi to everybody

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-20, 06:06 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Not much sleep last night so my workout was a bit lame. My mom saw the BodyGym infomercial and said she wondered if I could order it for her. It is the resistance band/bar gadget that Marie Osmond sells on QVC. Well, I had a fitness gadget much like it (at one time) and Mindy Mylrea used to promote it. I searched all over the place and realized I must have donated it to Goodwill. I had another plastic bar that has caps on the ends and you slide tubing with handles inside. So I tried out some BodyGym workouts on YouTube plus a much older workout by Jolene Menard who used to promote the Fitstick, I think it was called. Jolene's workout was way to choreographed and filmed on the old CIA sets.

After much reluctance I did order this for my mom, as she is in such bad shape (disabled) and she'd have to do seated workouts. Hoping to find a deal but BodyGym is $50 and doesn't seem like it's worth more than $20.

So yeah, a very light resistance day for total body. ;-)

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-20, 04:02 AM  
dlb

Hi Everyone,
Yesterday was a wash for me. Thursday evening my son called at 11:30 PM, his car wouldn't start at work so DH went to give him a jump. I have terrible sleep patterns so when he called I could not go back to sleep.

I love fitness infomercials but I really try not to purchase. Every once in a while I sucked in...PIYO

Anyway-Enjoy the day...

Debbie
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-20, 07:30 AM  
Cher

Thursday’s workout was workout #3 on KCM’s new Super Sculpt. I liked it but I’m sure not used to these types of workouts, I was sweating my butt off! Yesterday morning I had to sit with my MIL at 7 am for an hour until the regular sitter could get there at 8 am. (My MIL has dementia and my SIL takes care of her. My MIL can’t be left alone and is to the point where she doesn’t know anyone and can’t do anything herself anymore). They live down the street from us so it is close by. When I was done sitting with her, I didn’t feel like changing clothes to workout so I decided to just go for an hour walk instead.

LAC - How do you like your new Fitbit? Ugh, that would be so aggravating with that cricket in the house. Yes, Jenny does have some free workouts on Amazon Prime too.

Debbie - I’m the same way with my sleep patterns.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-20, 01:41 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
My mom saw the BodyGym infomercial and said she wondered if I could order it for her.

After much reluctance I did order this for my mom, as she is in such bad shape (disabled) and she'd have to do seated workouts. Hoping to find a deal but BodyGym is $50 and doesn't seem like it's worth more than $20.
I hope it helps her get some exercise. It's a shame they charge so much for some of that stuff. You're a good daughter.

Cher, you are a good DIL, too. I have some old KCM I out to pull out, now that you mention her.

Debbie, I bought the PIYO set and don't think I even finished one of them!

Yesterday evening I did a little of Jenny Ford's March Across America California, but was out of energy, so didn't do much,
Today, over an hour on the treadmill, spread over 4 times. Classical Stretch Waist and then Flexibility, followed by Fabulous 50's 10 Minute Arms and 5 Minute Stretch. I added a few other upper body weight exercises, substituting for some of her shoulder ones.

Hi to everyone!

Meister Eckhart

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
Old 08-15-20, 02:48 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I did Jessica's 15 Minute Fat Burning walk and the original Total Body workout #1 with the Gymstick. I was calling it a fitstick yesterday and that was another gadget. ;-) It was actually good though she switches from standing to floor exercises back and forth and I don't care for that too much. So more "research" with the BodyGym type workouts on YouTube.

Have a good weekend!

Terri, thank you! I try to be and think it's true! ;-)

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-20, 02:58 PM  
LAC

The cricket has called in friends. We must have a door sill or something that they are slipping underneath and coming inside. My son removed one from the kitchen last night and there is another one in here today that I can hear but can't find yet. It is maddening.

I'm not sure how I feel about the FitBit Inspire. I'm still wearing it on my wrist and I think it is counting arm movements as steps. I did a couple of minutes of a Leslie Sansone walk this morning, wasn't feeling the love and switched to a Jessica Smith walk for a couple of minutes, still wasn't feeling the love, and finally settled on a 50 minute elliptical run that clocked in just over 3 miles, but the app is showing over 7,000 steps. The only way that would be accurate is if I already had 1,000 steps before I started working out, but I hadn't really done much moving around for the day before that.

I had to Google what a BodyGym is. Wasn't there a bar with resistance bands marketed as a pilates something or other a few years ago?
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-20, 05:23 AM  
dlb

Hello all,
Yesterday was almost 2 hours of re-weeding. Wasn't bad because they were infant weeds.

I hope the weekend has been nice for everyone.

Debbie
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-20, 02:50 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Today I did a few 15 - 20 minute treadmill walks, and for my "real" workout, I did a youtube Gina B, 1 Mile Disco Boogie with ABBA, then back on the treadmill for 11 minutes to cool down, and some yoga to stretch everything.

LAC, if I get an Inspire, I'd have to get the clip thing to wear it like my old fitbit, cause I wouldn't trust the wristband numbers either. Good luck on the cricket hunt!

Meister Eckhart

Old 08-16-20, 09:10 PM  
LAC

I took the wrist band off my Inspire this morning and put it in a clip holder. The step tracking seems more realistic today, although it appears to be throwing the pulse monitor off. The step counter is really what I wanted it for, so I'm going to ignore the new issue for now.

After my husband left to play golf this morning, I rearranged all of the furniture in my living room. Then I decided I didn't like the new layout and moved it all back. Can I count this as functional fitness, lol? I didn't do any formal exercise today.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
miracle mile