Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-14-20, 08:27 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning it was back to Ellen:

Ellen - Prayer Flow - this is on her streaming site and is just a really nice workout - yoga inspired. (30 min)

Blessful Body - Fall into Balance - Day 3 - upper body and posture (18 min)

Jessica Valent - Shoulder Routine - (7 min).

I walked the doggie yesterday w/ my DD and plan to get some more of that done today!

Waves, everyone!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-20, 12:51 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday was Goodwill day with my friend. We went to three, so about three hours of walking, plus being on my feet. I found a pair of 2 pound neoprene dumbbells, and I got both for about $2.62. Quite the deal. There were a lot of workout dvd's, a couple of Leslies and even a Cathe. Lots of Pilates, and a new in package Yogalates. But the prices at this Goodwill were higher, so I passed.

I will update later for today's workout.

Pam, I'm sure that would be my dh, lol.

wishiwasinhawaii, I was thinking about WS1 today, but not sure I have the energy!

Donna, I want to get outdoors more. So far, I've only made it once recently for a bike ride. I did find a bike helmet at Goodwill, so that was a plus.
Old 10-14-20, 08:25 PM  
Leonana

I did some house cleaning today. Later I did Strictly Strength from the Get Strong dvd. I used 4, 6, and 10 pounds for the legs. I’m doing okay increasing intensity in my workouts. I’m just too tired to cook dinner. Which might be a good thing if I can get out of cooking, ha ha.
Old 10-15-20, 07:55 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Quick post as I'm running late.

Today I did:

AngieFitness TV - Rock Solid Power walk - this was a basic indoor walking low impact routine. She starts w/ 130 bpm and goes up to 148, I think by the end. So sort of like Jessica's Pyramid Power walk, except you don't go down the pyramid, it is just up and then you slow down and cool down. Angie recommends weighted gloves or a weighted vest if you want to amp it up. I did enjoy it and decided I'm not afraid of Angie any more! I am not totally interested in following a set rotation right now, so I have bailed out on her Fit Over 40 series, but I think I will pop some of her workouts into my routine from time to time. She has a lot on her channel and I think she does 3 live workouts a week. She also sells programs on her website. Some of her workouts are on the longer side, but I have decided I can always cut them short....so...

Blessful Body - Fall into Balance - Day 4 - Pilates stretch.

Yesterday I walked my doggie for steps. Not sure if I will get the chance to do that today - DD and I have hair appointments....

I will be back later for personals!!

Donna
Old 10-15-20, 03:03 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did Forward Bends with Rodney's AM Yoga For Your Week. I am so inflexible with seated forward bends, and always have been. I suppose if I had a regular yoga practice this could be improved upon.

Today, I was just on the treadmill for 30 minutes. I've been hooked on watching "the Minimal Mom" on YouTube, so watch a couple segments and I'm ready to be done with the treadmill.

Have a good day everyone!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-20, 04:32 PM  
Leonana

Before bed last night I did Jessica’s Yoga Fusion 15 minute stretch. Today was an hour and a half of filing. I hope to do something tonight, maybe a short walk.

Donna, I’m not interested in a schedule by Angie either, but I might try one of her beginner workouts. I was put off by the length, but it seems the beginner workouts are shorter.

Pam, I’ll have to check out the Minimal Mom. I watch a lot of you tube.
Old 10-16-20, 08:40 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday after our hair appointment DD and I walked in the park - so that was good. Since COVID, I started letting my hair grow out and I'm keeping it longer these days so it was just a trim, same for my DD. She went through a buzz cut phase in Sophomore/Jr year, but she has been letting it grow a bit, too. It was a nice fall afternoon/evening for a walk.

Today, so far, has been:

Jessica Valent Pilates - Cardio Barre w/ Guest Instructor Lauren George. This was a pretty challenging routine - more athletic than ballet style barre. The only thing I didn't like was it felt a bit fussy - gliding discs, a circular band and weights were used. I am not a big fan of gliding disc work - the flooring in my workout area doesn't work great w/ gliding discs. So, I modified for the exercises that use the discs. I did use the circular band and weights however and I think my legs will be feeling it tomorrow. I also did skip the floorwork b/c it also used a gliding disc and I wasn't in the mood for modifying at that point.
But, the floorwork is the last 10 minutes or so of the workout and easy to skip.

Blessful Body - Fall into Balance Challenge Day 5 - a little bit of everything - Pilates and Yoga. It was about 15 min or so.

Pam - I will have to check that channel out. I'm also inflexible in forward bends - I think it is my lower back that is the problem. If I do a reclined hamstring stretch I can get my leg pretty straight, so I don't think it is my hamstrings.

Sherry - I agree re: Angie, the shorter workouts look do-able. I also figure I can always stop one of the longer ones at any time, LOL. Some of her stuff looks more advanced and fussy than I want to do these days.

waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Speaking of You Tube channels - I watched Pahla B's success stories last night -very inspiring and I found a new skincare channel - The Budget Dermatologist.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 10-16-20, 03:30 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Just 30 minutes on the treadmill today.

Donna, glad you got a walk in with DD. My hair is super long now and about to my waist. It's a bit unmanageable after I wash it and tangles easily. I'm so tempted to cut, but it's very healthy so I am hesitant.

Dawn (the minimal mom) is so positive and encouraging. I just love her! She has a twin sister and also husband (Tom) who appear along with her from time to time. They have four small children, so they are a busy and happy family. She's great with the motivation when I'm trying to declutter or organize something in my house.

Have a good day all!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-20, 08:31 PM  
Leonana

I didn't do any workouts today. I had a vet appointment for one of our cats at 9:00 a.m., and didn't get my workout in. Unfortunately, he busted out of the carrier. DH said he was too big for it. I had to cancel the appointment. Now I need to look for another carrier. He is so heavy and so strong. I did check a mobile vet, but they wanted $250 just to give him two shots, so that's out.

I went to my Friday lunch with my friends. I decided to quit, and not because of the conversations where we disagreed. The group leader monopolizes the conversation all the time. The other friend seems to enjoy listening to her and does some talking too. I say one or two sentences and get cut off. Maybe I'm just boring, lol. I realized why I enjoyed it in the past. We had a bigger group, and I could have side conversations with someone else. Now that the group is smaller, it's not much fun anymore. I don't have much in common with them anymore anyway, and current events has emphasized that. I guess that's life, things change. I'm not too bummed, I think I will focus on getting outdoors for more walks. And I can keep track of them on FB.

Donna, I have a hard time with sliding disks on my carpet, where I workout in my bedroom. The Budget Dermatologist! You know I have to check that one out, lol.

Pam, your hair sounds pretty. My husband would love if I would do that, but I keep it in a longer bob. I checked out the Minimal Mom. It looks like she and her husband have done a lot of great projects around their house. I need to be more minimalist, and save more money.
Old 10-17-20, 10:39 AM  
TracyQ

Hi Ladies—I hope you don’t mind if I join you. I’ve been all over the place with my workouts after having rotator cuff surgery last year. I had a few set backs but am on the mend. However I lost a tremendous amount of muscle, strength and tone. I’m flabby. Prior to surgery I was pretty advanced and had a good amount of muscle thanks to doing Cathe workouts for decades. I’ve been trying to use some of my Cathe’s with lighter weights but this week I realized I need to start with something less advanced. Jessica Smith came to mind.

So today I did WS3 Cardio Hits followed by WS3 Upper body. I’m also planning on taking a walk once it warms up a bit (I’m in Boston).

Leonana—those mobile vets are ridiculously expensive. It’s a shame. We had a cat that was awful to take to the vet. Once time the vet put her in a net to examine her. We were horrified. After that we used the mobile vet. She was still a handful but a lot more calm at home.

Speaking of hair...I haven’t been to the hairdresser since February. I stopped dyeing it 5 years ago and kept it shoulder length but I did cut it shorter in February when I could no longer style it because of my shoulder surgery. I hated it short. I’m going to let it grow for a while.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith get strong