Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-20, 06:09 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Ug, Bee, I'm so sorry about the smoke and fires! It is simply incredible what's happening right now.

Well, Cataddict and Manleym are in for moving this thread, Fanofladyvols sounds like she could go either way (?) as well as Horusosiris, and does anyone else have thoughts? I have realized ALL threads here can indeed be lost like Linda said, but we'll keep it going!

Today I decided to revisit More Cardio Interval Burn from Michelle Dozois and good lord that put a smile on my red sweaty face! Kim, remember this one and how much fun it is? Yeah, it's still fun! Just what I needed as I'm sorta sinking into a new funk of facing yet another birthday (though I will neither confirm nor deny when it is) and thinking really???

Stay fierce, Watulans!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-20, 06:18 PM  
Mickey12

Cataddict give sweet Watula a squeeze for me. Such a cutie, I love her

I believe any Charlene workout would be too easy for you now. I have just about everything she put out, including the tapes of all her TV shows. I converted everything to dvd. I used to do her workouts a lot. I enjoyed her chattiness and liked learning about health topics. I also have vhs tapes of The Fitness Pros. They apparently put some of their workouts on tape and I found them on eBay quite a few years ago. Despite liking the shows when they were on TV, they were dreadfully easy to me when I reacquired them on tape. It’s cool that you can recall the names of the male participants from the show. Did they ever go on to do other work? I remember the women because they appeared in other workouts after Fitness Pros.

Kim
Mickey12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-20, 06:27 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Ug, Bee, I'm so sorry about the smoke and fires! It is simply incredible what's happening right now.

Well, Cataddict and Manleym are in for moving this thread, Fanofladyvols sounds like she could go either way (?) as well as Horusosiris, and does anyone else have thoughts? I have realized ALL threads here can indeed be lost like Linda said, but we'll keep it going!

Today I decided to revisit More Cardio Interval Burn from Michelle Dozois and good lord that put a smile on my red sweaty face! Kim, remember this one and how much fun it is? Yeah, it's still fun! Just what I needed as I'm sorta sinking into a new funk of facing yet another birthday (though I will neither confirm nor deny when it is) and thinking really???

Stay fierce, Watulans!!
Oh Kittybug that IS a fun one! I’m glad it was a mood lifter for you.

As far as moving the thread, it doesn’t matter to me. I prefer to follow the crowd, so I’m ok with anything.

Bummer about feeling down about your approaching birthday. I don’t let them bother me. I’m proud to be 55. I feel like I’ve earned my extra flab, bits of gray hair and crows feet. The most important thing is health and if you’ve got that, you’re golden no matter what your age. Try thinking about it that way.

Kim
Old 09-10-20, 07:05 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

kittybug: I'll check in either place so it's all good whatever you all decide.
No frost. Got down to 39 so all was safe.

horusosiris: I LOVED the outdoor sets that Gilad used. Loved seeing the beaches and all the amazing scenery.

bee: Daniel Scott is an acquired taste. I like a couple of his practices but on a few. The rest don't suit me I guess.

manley: wow great workouts for you!! Can't go wrong with Vytas.

cataddict: I base many of my purchases on 2lazy4gym's reviews. She has done a TON of Cathe workouts so I kind of base my choices on some of her input.

Linda: my old VF friend ssgilby set up the Fit Chicks checkin WAY back when. I joined VF in 2003 and that was my first checkin. I felt like I had to keep it going.

A happy hello to everyone!!

Today I did Fit Split Low Impact Cardio Metabolic Conditioning. Perhaps my least favorite of the set but some of that might be because my sliders were sticky and the cardio with sliders was not working for me. The moves were all great, and I really liked the Metabolic Conditioning work. The workout flew by.

I forgot to post my Yoga for this week. But suffice it to say I've been on the Gaia site and working through a few practices by Dayna Seraye. She's new to me. Good, mixes in some flow, kundalini, mudras, hatha. Interesting.
Today back to Gaia and one of my favs Troy Hadeed. His Hatha practices are excellent! I love his very chill vibe and accent. I did Discovering Power in Simplicity. Very very basic but just fine.

So two thumbs up for Fit Split. I can't think of anything I don't like except it doesn't list the equipment you need. The music is neither yay nor nay. It fits ok. Cathe is perky as usual and all cues seem to be fine. One more tomorrow then back to STS Meso 2.

HUGS!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-20, 07:59 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Kim, I **think** both Pepper and Jeff were involved in other sports and the fitness pros was a sideline? I could be wrong but that's what I remember. Neither made video workouts to my knowledge.

Kate, I have found that I don't always agree with 2lazyforgym in her Cathe reviews. I do enjoy reading them, though. Different perspectives are great! Glad your temp didn't drop too much--yet! The low impact cardio in Fit Split was my least favorite of the cardio workouts as well. I have to be in the mood to use gliding disks, and don't always find them to be easier on my joints even if there's no jumping involved.

kittymax, don't you worry about another birthday! It's another year of successful Watulan fierceness! And I'd be willing to bet I'm the oldest of our Watulan group, so with age brings wisdom and all that...my story, sticking to it.

Today I did Bootcamp from Strong and Sweaty and repeated 3 of the cardio segments. I originally intended to repeat the three segments entirely (it's one of the premixes--the second one I think?) but DH showed up home from work early and I was kind of over the workout anyway.

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-20, 08:06 PM  
Mickey12

I decided to do a yoga workout that has been in my virgin pile for a while. Rainbeau Mars Pure Sweat from her Vinyasa Flow set. I have two others of hers from this series. It's filmed by the ocean so the scenery is gorgeous, but I was sometimes lost with her cuing and had to look at the TV. It was only 35 minutes too, which is a little short for yoga and it wasn't terribly hard, but was suited to my evening.

Finley, with his 6 month old kitten enthusiasm and curiosity, was not helping my practice. He thought I put that pretty blue mat on the floor for him. He was all over the place chasing a toy, burrowing under the mat and he even jumped up at my extended leg and foot during half moon. OMG! I thought of little Watula hanging on to Cataddict's barbell when she was a kitten.

Hope everyone has a great night!

Kim
Old 09-10-20, 08:47 PM  
fanofladyvols

Kim how adorable

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-20, 09:33 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Another fan of Finley here!!
Old 09-11-20, 10:03 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Okay, so I have asked Wendy to go ahead and move us to the check-in forum. I'm sure people in general discussion will be happy about that, hah!!! They're probably tired of seeing this thread!
Old 09-11-20, 11:53 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello All! Happy Friday! It IS Friday, right?

Funny, I went to look at 2lazy4gym reviews last night and ended up taking Step Sync out of my cart. It just sounded like the choreography might make me crazy, which I wondered about after looking at clips again. I did get Imax 4 and the Total Body Fit Tower one. Fun to have some new workouts to look forward to.

I will look for our giant thread where ever it is..... happy to be a part of this group!

This morning I did Fit Split Shred Cardio + Vytas Yoga Butt. OMG that was hard!! I felt like I had Finley hanging off my half moons! So hard, but good. I really should do that one again and try to build up to it because I could not do a pretty good portion of it. Thank goodness that wasn't a live class for me!

Kim, I have a Rainbeau Mars or two but don't remember them fondly. Maybe I had issues with the cueing too.

Kate, stay warm! The rest of you, stay cool!

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in