Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-06-20, 07:21 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Y'all, maybe KCM is just being authentic and honest about her political views. Can't we allow folks to have opinions different from our own without feeling like we have to punish them for it? Actors and actresses express their political opinions all the time at the Academy Awards and they aren't called unprofessional or immature for doing that. How were KCM's actions any different?

This is an example of the type of tribalism that is ruining our country - it's why our congressmen & congresswomen can't seem to agree to pass legislation that would help their fellow Americans.

Please - we all need to be able to allow others their own viewpoints and not punish them for thinking differently than we do.

Carol
Hmmm, well actually I DO call actors and actresses unprofessional for airing their views the way they do. I also am not influenced to change my view to agree with theirs. There are a few actors that I won't name whose movies I won't see since I think they are extreme in the way they communicate their views. I don't think I'm "punishing" anyone by choosing not to go to their movies, watch their shows, or buy their products. It's my choice to do so, and if they choose to be belligerent or overly aggressive about expressing their opinions, I will make that choice. It's not what the opinions are, just the way they are expressed that I find problematic. It's a consumer decision.

Fitstick, in my case there are a number of more recent comments/incidents that KCM has been involved in that bother me, not just the one in 2016. I give people the benefit of the doubt numerous times but there's a limit.

I'm fine if people here disagree with my viewpoint. I'm pleased that this thread has remained civil when we don't all agree. Yay us!
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 07:27 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
For those of you have pre-ordered in the past, how much of a discount was it?

Did she have free shipping or offer any of her other DVDs at a discount during the preorder?
They're usually $15 each with free shipping, with no discounts on the other dvds. I'd love if she'd offer $15, free shipping, AND her $10 on all other dvd sales. I'd jump on a few.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 07:52 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Hmmm, well actually I DO call actors and actresses unprofessional for airing their views the way they do. I also am not influenced to change my view to agree with theirs. There are a few actors that I won't name whose movies I won't see since I think they are extreme in the way they communicate their views. I don't think I'm "punishing" anyone by choosing not to go to their movies, watch their shows, or buy their products. It's my choice to do so, and if they choose to be belligerent or overly aggressive about expressing their opinions, I will make that choice. It's not what the opinions are, just the way they are expressed that I find problematic. It's a consumer decision.

I'm fine if people here disagree with my viewpoint. I'm pleased that this thread has remained civil when we don't all agree. Yay us!
It certainly is your choice - kind of like cats versus dogs.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 08:10 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
I'm curious and would like a PM too!
Same here, please.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 08:11 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
They're usually $15 each with free shipping, with no discounts on the other dvds. I'd love if she'd offer $15, free shipping, AND her $10 on all other dvd sales. I'd jump on a few.
My fellow thrift store buddy knows what kind of sale would lure me in, lol!! Wouldn't that be great!?

Thanks for answering Char

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 08:54 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
It certainly is your choice - kind of like cats versus dogs.

Carol
LOL I love dogs too, though, and probably would have one if we didn't already have so many cats!
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 09:45 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
I usually try to wait until she has the new year's sale and all her dvds are $10

By the way, for anyone that has ordered her dvds recently, have you noticed if they have been dvd or dvd-r? The last set I ordered from amazon, one was dvd and one was dvd-r. I believe it was StepBoxing 2. My newer Blu-ray will sometimes play dvd-r, sometimes not. And often, it's hard to trade if they are dvd-r.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 09:56 PM  
sherry7899

Bubbles, do you have a Sony blu ray player? Ours is really picky with dvd-r.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 10:32 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I usually try to wait until she has the new year's sale and all her dvds are $10

By the way, for anyone that has ordered her dvds recently, have you noticed if they have been dvd or dvd-r? The last set I ordered from amazon, one was dvd and one was dvd-r. I believe it was StepBoxing 2. My newer Blu-ray will sometimes play dvd-r, sometimes not. And often, it's hard to trade if they are dvd-r.
I ordered KCM's Cardio Quick Fix from totalfitnessdvds within the past month and it was a DVD-R (Mary had of course noted it was a DVD-R on the product page). The other KCM one I ordered at the same time was a regular DVD.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 07:09 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post

Oh wow! I did not realize that! Maybe they are "out of print" so to speak and that's why they are DVD-R. I guess that's another reason to buy them in the pre-sale if you think you are going to want them someday.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, kcm