Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-20, 11:11 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavna View Post
I'm so happy for you that you're able to do them "normally"! Congrats on doing both of them! Wow!
Nathalie
Thanks Nathalie! On occasion, I will double it up when I have time.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-20, 11:26 AM  
fanofladyvols

Hey Fierce Goddesses

I'm at a loss on which strength to tackle next but will update soon after I catch up and see what everyone has done. Needing ideas bc I'm floundering on committing to something for my next two weeks. I was VERY happy with the use of 4DS lower only and upper only premixes and L&G. I will do that again soon. I haven't used any of the cardio on these. Maybe today?

Post shortly. (✿ ♡‿♡)

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-20, 12:02 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Yesterday I did IMAX Live #17. I was going to do IMAX 3 but given that it was 93 degrees yesterday I just wasn't feeling it and the Live is 6 cycles rather than 10. This is an early Live and I can tell she was still getting her feet wet with the whole Live process. She did make a few mistakes but it didn't matter as I still got a great workout.

ChelePA, great that you are getting better and able to do so much more! I've done both of the Cathe Lives that you did this morning and I liked them both as well. And thanks for the rec to look into quick release clips for the barbell. There are so many options, some with good reviews and some not so good. Can you recommend the one that you got or the brand? I have two bars, both one inch.

horusosiris, that's awesome that you were a power lifter AND were in it competitively! As far as the Lives, I like and own a number of them. Live 300 sounds like a lot of fun---I like variety within a workout, it seems to move more quickly. The weight workouts I like the best don't have a whole lot of repetition. I don't use the barbell a lot (which may change if I get quick release clips that work for me--see above post ) , but I like the PHA workouts, particularly the ones that only cycle through the exercises once or twice at the most. I'm normally ready to move on after two times per exercise. I don't usually do the workouts that focus only on one body part or just upper or just lower unless I'm planning on doing additional an additional workout. That's clear as mud, right?

manleym, enjoy your trip!

bee, I sometimes do the Shred Cardio as an add on, or double it. But it can definitely seem long and there isn't the kind of variety I usually like.

Kate, glad you enjoyed Drill Max. I wish Cathe would do an updated version of it---Drill Max 2! She did do Body Max 2 so who knows, maybe she will.

kittybug, I liked the freebie Road Trip leg Live workout too. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, and liked it a lot more than the 2015 kickboxing one she put out there. For some reason the crowd didn't distract me in the Legs Roadtrip workout like it did in the 2015 kickboxing one. I haven't done the Legs one in awhile so I need to do it again!

Waving to all! Have a great weekend! Thankfully we are in for a bit of a cool down in temps. The last few days have been like August around here. Ugh.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-20, 05:55 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Hi all!

Yesterday I did IMAX Live #17. I was going to do IMAX 3 but given that it was 93 degrees yesterday I just wasn't feeling it and the Live is 6 cycles rather than 10. This is an early Live and I can tell she was still getting her feet wet with the whole Live process. She did make a few mistakes but it didn't matter as I still got a great workout.

ChelePA, great that you are getting better and able to do so much more! I've done both of the Cathe Lives that you did this morning and I liked them both as well. And thanks for the rec to look into quick release clips for the barbell. There are so many options, some with good reviews and some not so good. Can you recommend the one that you got or the brand? I have two bars, both one inch.

horusosiris, that's awesome that you were a power lifter AND were in it competitively! As far as the Lives, I like and own a number of them. Live 300 sounds like a lot of fun---I like variety within a workout, it seems to move more quickly. The weight workouts I like the best don't have a whole lot of repetition. I don't use the barbell a lot (which may change if I get quick release clips that work for me--see above post ) , but I like the PHA workouts, particularly the ones that only cycle through the exercises once or twice at the most. I'm normally ready to move on after two times per exercise. I don't usually do the workouts that focus only on one body part or just upper or just lower unless I'm planning on doing additional an additional workout. That's clear as mud, right?

manleym, enjoy your trip!

bee, I sometimes do the Shred Cardio as an add on, or double it. But it can definitely seem long and there isn't the kind of variety I usually like.

Kate, glad you enjoyed Drill Max. I wish Cathe would do an updated version of it---Drill Max 2! She did do Body Max 2 so who knows, maybe she will.

kittybug, I liked the freebie Road Trip leg Live workout too. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, and liked it a lot more than the 2015 kickboxing one she put out there. For some reason the crowd didn't distract me in the Legs Roadtrip workout like it did in the 2015 kickboxing one. I haven't done the Legs one in awhile so I need to do it again!

Waving to all! Have a great weekend! Thankfully we are in for a bit of a cool down in temps. The last few days have been like August around here. Ugh.
These are the ones I bought from Amazon. I think I’ve had them 2-3 years. No issues.

Greententljs
4.3 out of 5 stars 1,600 Reviews
Greententljs 1 Inch Barbell Clamps - Quick Release Pair of Locking 1'' Diameter Standard Bar Weight Plates Collar Clips for Workout Weightlifting Fitness Training Bodybuilding
Old 06-05-20, 06:18 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

ChelePA, thanks for the clamps rec!

Today I did the 5pm Live Upper/Lower Body Dumbbell Challenge. I have done this once before and thought it was tough and it was tough this time too, in a good way. By the time I got to the core part at the end I was pretty tired. I also banged my knee with my 10 pound dumbbell so now I'm bruised, but all okay.

Waves to all!
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 01:02 PM  
ChelePA

I did a little warm-up with Cathe's bonus ball workout on Facebook. Excluding the floor part. I feel like I need more than what is offered on To The Mat. This one still kicks my butt (literally and my legs) in certain areas. Lots of good pain. I did the premix with Icy Core 2 abs mixed in. Really like the flow of it and it gives my legs a break in between sections.
Old 06-06-20, 08:06 PM  
fanofladyvols

So I'm going to be doing cardio from 4DS but mixing with Tracie Long and Jari Love for the foreseeable future.

Really enjoyed Jari Love Body rocks Weights and Abs and followed it with Linda modified (no jumps/no turns) 4DS High intensity cardio only premix.

Gotta mention my abs and calves are showing some definition. Crazy never had that before. I don't even do all the calf reps Cathe does bc I HATE calf soreness. My DD is the one who brought my abs to my attention. "Mom look at your abs!" I looked and said ,"...hmmm whaddya know? " Pretty cool...even if it's only a half pack, heh.

Kim Is that the weider x factor ST set? I also picked that set up cheaply and have been wondering how to work that into a week sometime. How do you use that? Also, scratch Finley behind the ears for me!

cataddict you made me wince reading about your knee. Sorry :-(

ChelePA I don't have To the Mat but I like longer warm-ups too. Thanks for posting about that.

horusosiris power lifting? Wowee, if we were in person then you and Kate could do an exhibition in this Kittybug Kickbutt party!

Manley safe travels !! I would love to go on a trip! Have fun for me!!

bee I try to get out early for gardening upkeep but sometimes I get zapped in the heat. It can really affect my workout.

kittybug I LOVE the slow heavy PHA style workout idea. You should definitely post. I might register for her forum just to post a bunch of thumbs up in response if you did! Glad to read you seem to be recovering from your ankle injury.

lavna I don't think it's lazy to not like changing the plates. I do think it affects your mental rhythm of a workout to have to spend that much time in between exercises. Depending on the exercise, I sometimes feel I lose that mind body connection. However, I love the barbell and the switching and clinking of plates, etc. Makes me holler hooah!! And then I usually have to pause the DVD to get a drink of water. :P

Happy Saturday to each of you wondrous women!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 09:01 AM  
ChelePA

Took a break from Cathe today. I did 2 live classes with my favorite Y instructors. One was a boot camp for 40 minutes then a standing core routine for 15 minutes. Followed by 30 minutes of yoga...which my hip desperately needs. It's been so tight since the broken foot. I'm sure it's because of the way I was walking and sleeping the past 2 months.

Have a great day!!!
Old 06-07-20, 10:25 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Today I did the 5pm Live Upper/Lower Body Dumbbell Challenge. I have done this once before and thought it was tough and it was tough this time too, in a good way. By the time I got to the core part at the end I was pretty tired. I also banged my knee with my 10 pound dumbbell so now I'm bruised, but all okay.
Waves to all!
I like this one. Hard but effective! Your knee: ouch! I hope it heals fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Gotta mention my abs and calves are showing some definition. Crazy never had that before. I don't even do all the calf reps Cathe does bc I HATE calf soreness. My DD is the one who brought my abs to my attention. "Mom look at your abs!" I looked and said ,"...hmmm whaddya know? " Pretty cool...even if it's only a half pack, heh.
That's so nice! Congrats!

kittybug: I agree with Kate. That one is a great workout. I'm happy it's free to download. So many can enjoy it!

Today, I did Live #7 Steptastic followed by the LB premix from Muscle max. Not long but those static lunges are always hard. I don't know why but I always feel them in my calves!

Waves to all! Enjoy your Sunday!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 11:19 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday my awesome fierce friends!!

I finished out my week last week with Slow and Heavy Bis and Tris and walking. I'm dealing with a touch of food poisoning and low energy, so I have NO idea what I'm going to be doing this week yet. My ankle is still not quite ready for impact, I don't think. RWH will have to wait. Besides, Manleym is on vacation and I can't start without her, hah hah hah!!!

Fanofladyvols, you GO with those abs and calves!! What an awesome compliment! And oooohh, thanks for the Jari reminder! Maybe I'll pull one of those out this week.

I'll consider posting at Cathe's about S&H PHA. Not sure how that would work if alternating upper and lower exercises that slow would have an aerobic effect or not but it seems like it would, even if the pace of the lifting itself is slow...or not? I get sweaty during S&H legs but not really the upper body stuff, but if upper and lower were alternated, it might have a cardio effect, maybe?

Ouch, Cataddict...hope that knee is okay! Ice and be nice!

Horusosiris, power lifting!! Wow! That now makes sense! I agree with Linda that you and KateTT should do an exhibition!

ChelePA, I'm considering skipping ahead to ICE just to do To the Mat due to my ankle and other issues. Thank you for reminding me about it!

Bee, heat is indeed a HUGE energy zap, at least for me.

Nathalie, sometimes my calves talk to me during lunges too, like the back leg! I've always wondered about that!

Waves to all and hugs! Stay fierce, everyone!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in