Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-17-11, 04:17 PM  
bfit

It was way too much high impact for me, and there was no way to modify and still get a decent workout. I also didn't like the crowded noisy feel of the workout. I do like the Best Body Breakthrough circuit workout with Michelle.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 09:42 PM  
bee1forfitness

Thanks everyone, I was wondering...I'm also surprised that there is no way to really modify, I like jumping (plyo), squats, mountain climbers, squat thrust etc. But in limited amounts or for very short periods of time (like TABATA training)... for a full 40-60 minutes, no way, I'll pass on this one. So some of you like TF for energetic Cardio??
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 10:20 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I borrowed the strength workout from my sister. It was o.k. cardio-wise. However, I didn't feel like it worked my muscles strength wise. My favorite new circuit workout at the moment is Patrick's Hot Lean Body.
Old 02-17-11, 10:40 PM  
Missiscipi

I didn't like them because they were too easy. I found stuff like Paul Katami's workouts, Atletica, AOS Newport etc more my cup of tea.
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 11:51 PM  
dela

LOVE the Cardio one, can tolerate the Strength one, but will for sure buy her new set as soon as it's announced.

I know there is more reason I don't like Strength, but the mountain climbers is a big part of that reason.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 12:10 AM  
juberann

Just by watching the clips, I knew these would be too high impact for me bummer, too, because I really like Michele but I passed on these.
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 12:50 AM  
Buzzer

I got the cardio one and thought it was too high impact, but modified it to my rebounder and it was more fun. I don't do it too often though cause it's fairly repetitive and drags on and on... IMO
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 02:49 AM  
Saffie J

I have Peak 10 Cardio Strength and do like it but that being said, I think I got it in December and have only done it twice. I don't think it was quite what I was expecting. The first time I did it I got through it all and didn't find it as challenging as I had expected. The second time I didn't have as much energy and couldn't get through all of the final peaks (I think they were around 15 seconds), I had to use that time to get my breath back.

To be honest, at the moment I am into doing workouts to see results and I'm very influenced by other people's good reviews.. if I heard people were getting great results from this I would aim to do it more often (probably not the right attitude to have, but I am being honest). At the moment I aim to do this once a week, but with all of my other workouts it ends up realistically being every 2-4 weeks.
Saffie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 04:33 AM  
featherz

Too easy and I found them incredibly boring for some reason. I'd get to about the fourth peak and start wondering when it would end.. Dunno. I still have them, but they have a bit of a dread factor for me. I didn't mind the impact.
featherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 05:15 AM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by featherz View Post
Too easy and I found them incredibly boring for some reason. I'd get to about the fourth peak and start wondering when it would end.. Dunno. I still have them, but they have a bit of a dread factor for me. I didn't mind the impact.
Oh No for me "dread factor" is worst than impact, thanks for the imfor "dread" was I needed to hear
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
michelle dozois, peak 10, peak 10 cardio strength, your body breakthru