Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-14-11, 09:12 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
I'm not getting it, either. F1mom, sounds like you got your money back and the buyer has the DVDs, so it's as if you sold them like you wanted to do in the first place. Case closed...why does it have to be prolonged?
I don't see the OP as prolonging the case, just issuing a warning. I considered selling on Amazon a while ago, but their charges put me off. Now hearing that I have to be willing to accept returns for no reason other than that the buyer doesn't want the item any more puts me off for good. I won't sell on Amazon.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 09:27 AM  
mle777

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
I don't see the OP as prolonging the case, just issuing a warning. I considered selling on Amazon a while ago, but their charges put me off. Now hearing that I have to be willing to accept returns for no reason other than that the buyer doesn't want the item any more puts me off for good. I won't sell on Amazon.
I agree with this. This is exactly how I saw the original post as well. I think she was just being nice and trying to warn people that aren't aware of the policy that they may have to deal with returns if they are selling on Amazon.

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 09:41 AM  
goldillocks

First Winner : Buyer who gets a dvd set for free
Second Winner : Seller who gets the sale
Biggest Loser : Amazon loses financially and receives no dvds back
goldillocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 09:54 AM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

Since I set up my account so many years ago, I didn't know that the returns policy had changed as well. I would definitely feel more comfortable buying from Amazon but it will make me re-think selling items. However, I have found most buyers to be honest people.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 09:58 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldillocks View Post
Biggest Loser : Amazon loses financially and receives no dvds back
How do we know that? perhaps Amazon has already claimed the DVDs back.
Old 07-14-11, 10:09 AM  
F1mom

The issue here isn't about me supposedly winning it's how sellers have very little recourse even when Amazon doesn't follow its own posted policies regarding returns and that the seller had better beware, as others have said.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 10:13 AM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
Really, they're not. When they got an email that says "I don't accept returns" against Amazon's policy and then had to go through a dispute process to get their money back, most rational individuals aren't then going to pay to ship them back to the seller.

After that, my attitude would be, "you want 'em, send a SASE to me and I'll send 'em back". If I have to fight to get a seller to do what they're supposed to do, I'm not bending over backwards for them.

I've had that happen to me as well. An amazon seller sold me somthing that was supposed to be brand new. I got it, it was opened, full of scratches, marks, and skipped on my player. She had the nerve to chew me out in an email bc she only used it a few times. Hello!!! Used a few times, even used once is NOT brand new! I got my refund a month later. I told her if she wanted her item I'd gladly mail it back as long as she refunded additional money for shipping or sent me a SASE. Never heard from her again and I had to throw the DVD away. As a buyer, I wasted enough time and resources going through the hassel of dealing with a buyer, she doesn't get my additional $2.50 + envelope and DC bc of HER mistake!

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 10:23 AM  
Artist of Eyes

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmonkey2 View Post
Like Blackadar already said, this is irrelevant. What a buyer does or does not do during the time it takes them to contact you for a refund and sending back (or in your case, not sending back) DVDs does not matter!

Look, YOU WON. You didn't lost out on money. Amazon went back on their own policy to make you happy. But you are still complaining that you've been wronged in some way, when you weren't. Who gives a fig if you don't get the DVDs back and who cares if this buyer sells them? When it comes down to it, didn't you get what you wanted, which was to have the chargeback reversed? You're going on about making people aware of Amazon's policy as if it is draconian, which it is not. It's a perfectly reasonable policy and one that I'm sure as a seller you have received updates about--if not by email than in your seller account.

Where is Cheval Mort when you need him?
And that is true, you got your money back so there technically was no loss to you. It would be like you selling them and the buyer decides to resell them. As long as you get your money, regardless of how it happened, your goods were payed for. I think that's a win-win!

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 10:28 AM  
DEEDEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1mom View Post
Here's the final result of a buyer's AtoZ claim against me direct from Amazon.com (italics and bold are mine).

Thanks to the VFers who recommended I contact the CEO directly. It made all the difference in the world.

The chargeback to my Seller's account was reversed, the buyer got her money back and a nice expensive set of workout DVDs and Amazon.com continued to blame me for not taking the return in the first place even though my returns policy was clearly stated in my profile. I'm relieved to have the chargeback reversed, not particularly happy with the effort it took to make it happen and the general 'screw you' attitude of most of Amazon.com.

The moral of the story: take returns or else, even if the buyer uses your stuff and just doesn't like it or whatever. And no, it doesn't matter if you were away because of a death in the family, something Automaton conveniently forgot to mention in the reply email.

Since it was implied in another thread that I made up an Amazon.com claim and a death in the family for attention, I hope this resolves this issue. My sister's death in a motorcycle accident made the news in the DC/VA/MD area because it closed down the River Road exit on I-495 in Bethesda, MD on June 8, 2011.

Thanks.
What return policy? The buyer didn't return anything, she got a refund, but she didn't get it for a return....doesn't she need to send you back your dvds? I don't get that policy that people can demand a refund and keep the items... Amazon wants to keep the buyer happy and I can understand that, but they could send the buyer a paid mailing label to send the product back and add it to Amazon's inventory, that way people will know that they will have to send a product back if they get refunded on it...just a thought.
DEEDEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 10:38 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist of Eyes View Post
And that is true, you got your money back so there technically was no loss to you. It would be like you selling them and the buyer decides to resell them. As long as you get your money, regardless of how it happened, your goods were payed for. I think that's a win-win!
Yes, but she had to go through a lot of hassle and little understanding for the circumstances that she was going through when the whole claim business was going on.
I take the warning for what it's worth, and I'm glad Raina got her money back.

As a buyer, I'm glad Amazon has that policy because there are dishonest sellers out there, but as a seller (not on Amazon) I like to have the right to decide when and for what reasons I will accept returns. Sellers pay fees and often will pay extra to make sure the item reaches the buyer. It just doesn't seem fair that now they have to accept returns for no reason whatsoever.

This is OT, I know. This thread got me thinking how no-questions-asked return policies sadly encourage irresponsible spending in people who couldn't care less about anyone but themselves.

Tags
amazon, amazon marketplace, amazon.com, amazon.com marketplace, buyer beware, seller beware, selling, selling dvds