Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-29-20, 04:16 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
This is the brand she used. They are a dense version of egg noodles similar to Pennsylvania Dutch noodles.

Good thing they are so expensive on Amazon right now. All this talk is making me hungry for them
I have seen those locally! The grocery store Shop Rite near me has them.

https://www.shoprite.com/pd/Mrs-Mill.../092819250448/

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 04:28 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I have seen those locally! The grocery store Shop Rite near me has them.

https://www.shoprite.com/pd/Mrs-Mill.../092819250448/

Sherry
I wonder if that brand has the old fashioned type dense texture? It really soaks up butter and broth

I'll be having konjac noodles today, sigh. Tasty but not a substitute for the real drug
Old 03-29-20, 04:46 PM  
Vantreesta

Those noodles look like the ones my grandma made! I was always snitching them while they were laid out to dry after she cut them. She cooked them with chicken and we ate them over mashed potatoes. A family favorite!!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 07:02 PM  
Vantreesta

I am seriously missing baseball. I guess that's a big essential non-essential for me as it's one of my best tools for coping with anxiety!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 07:17 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I am seriously missing baseball. I guess that's a big essential non-essential for me as it's one of my best tools for coping with anxiety!
My husband is also!

We are missing concerts and record stores!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 09:05 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Can your daughters play games online with their friends? My husband plays Dungeons and Dragons online with his buddies from high school he used to play with. It makes him so happy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
How fun! Oldest DD plays DnD with two different groups, and one group had their first online campaign last night. They tried Roll20 but had technical difficulties, so they ended up doing it on Discord. It wasn't perfect but better than nothing!
I spoke to DS tonight who lives in a different state. He played DnD with friends online last week. He also watches movies with friends online(!)
I have been playing Wingspan with DH and DD and I was looking at their website and apparently an online version is available or will be available soon. I bought the WS board game for DS for his birthday but I wanted to play it first. Now I am hooked so I ordered another one for him. Hopefully they can deliver it to him before they shut businesses down in MO. Then we can play with him and DIL online via Zoom.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 09:48 AM  
Exercise Diva

Red Vines! I usually don't have an issue staying away from sugar - as long as it's not in the house - but I've been craving these things like no one's business. Coffee is also a must.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 10:16 AM  
Messe

Quote:
This. In boldface and all caps.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 10:19 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
DH said he thinks they may just cancel the whole season
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 10:54 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
DH said he thinks they may just cancel the whole season
Another huge baseball fan here. I think your DH is right. I was hoping they could figure out a way to play with no fans since baseball is not a contact sport, but they do spend a lot of time in close contact in the dugout and the locker room, so it's probably not possible.

It's tough not having any sports at all to watch because it also serves as stress relief for me. And watching old games doesn't do anything for me.

My non-essential essential food item would be Brookside Dark Chocolate covered Pomegrantes! I thankfully bought a huge bag the last time I went to Sam's, which was almost 3 weeks ago now. I'm trying to conserve them.

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19