Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-20, 01:17 AM  
fanofladyvols

Brenda I have been able to make quick sessions in the garden and enjoyed those brief moments. It's calming!

Cheri I know you're grateful to be able to make that decision..as well as your family.

Carol I have severely limited my excursions and made them as brief as possible but when I have ventured to the grocery store I have been shocked at the people still overbuying and at the same time not keeping their distance. I have to make a point of going around and in different aisles to keep people from busting through between me and another shopper. I want to play the Police song on my phone to give them a not so subtle hint.

Christine I think I just don't reach for Barre workouts because I find I just have no joy factor with too many reps. I purged nearly all but a few Barre workouts that gave me that dread feeling because of all the stinking reps.

Dana I think you should post that sale on GD.

Wednesday was 3 week yoga retreat Weekend Abs; Tracie SS#1 mobility; Cathe Power Hour.

Happy Thursday to you guys!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-20, 07:06 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I went back to Lucy - I'm enjoying these for a change of pace and also b/c they are quick, efficient and fairly mindless. I'm just feeling very distracted with all that is going on in the world as well as being out of my routine, etc.

So...today was:

Lucy - Cardio Workout - Full Body Workout in 10 minutes
Lucy - 7 Day Challenge 7 Min workout to boost your metabolism
Blessful Body - Spring Renewal Challenge Day 3 - Core

Lucy's workouts are circuits with body weight exercises. It remind me, in a way, of Slim in 6/Slim Series. You do a basic exercise for a set amount of time - her intervals vary. On the first workout it was 20 sec marching in place or jogging in place alternated with 30 sec of an exercise, in the second video it was 7 moves done for 7 minutes. These are cardio/tone type moves. I really was surprised that 17 minutes got me sweating. So....definitely good for those days/times when you don't want to spend a lot of time exercising and want something fairly simple to do. These would also be great travel workouts as they don't take up a lot of space and require no equipment.

Ky/Blessful Body's workout was a nice one - she is a really pleasant instructor and mixes some yoga type moves in to her Pilates.

I'm tempted by Emma's special, but I have two Pilates subscriptions right now so I hesitate to add another. Jessica Valent, I'm going to let end in April when my 3 months runs out. I had subscribed to Trifecta for a year and although I like Beth and the workouts, I really don't enjoy doing them regularly. At least not right now. It may change....I wouldn't mind signing up for Blessful Body again, but how many Pilates subscriptions do I need, LOL!

Anyway - hope everyone has a good day. I am scheduled to go in to the office tomorrow for my one day in this week. I do have to make a drugstore run for my DH and my DD is anxious to get out of the house. We have been walking every evening, so that has been good.

Hope everyone has a good and healthy and safe day!!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-20, 10:21 AM  
furmomof6

Hello,

E-Pilates: Abs, Butt & Upper Body (14 minutes)
Faithful Workouts: Stretching to the Hymns

I really liked the E-Pilates workout I did today too!

Donna, I understand not wanting to add another subscription.

Linda, I know what you mean! I don't enjoy being rep'd to death anymore either and there's too many choices to do what we don't enjoy!

Brenda, it has been extra nice to get out for fresh air lately! It's something taken for granted.

Waves to everyone!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-20, 10:42 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Wednesday's workouts were:

Dog Walks - 30 minutes & 40 minutes;
Pilates By Lisa - New You Amazing Arms - 15 minutes & Reformer on the Mat Leg Workout - 15 minutes;
I enjoyed both of these, although they were tough! Both used a flat resistance band and both were filmed outside - one in Death Valley and the other in Bryce Canyon (I think).

Reboot - Week 1 Mobility Work - 22 minutes
The Reboot DVD is one I bought off of Amazon a few weeks ago - it's billed as a program for those restarting, which I am not now, but could be in the future - 6 weeks of workouts - one mobility and one strength each week, each under 30 minutes long. I think the idea is that you do one workout a day until you get comfortable with them and then you move on. It's a pilates based program I think. www.katylush.com. The workout I did was mobility - basically gentle stretching. I'll try to do the strength one today.

I got out this morning (at 6:45 am) to go to the grocery store - for their senior citizen shopping hours, since I qualify - in theory the stores were supposed to be clean and stocked, but the reality was that they were just clean. No meat at all - I had intended to buy a couple of whole chickens to cook in the crock pot for things like King Ranch Chicken, but no such luck. Not much produce - I did manage to snag a small bag of spring mix and 8 small Gala apples, along with some milk and bread, but several things on my list I couldn't find. I didn't want to press my luck by also stopping by WalMart in search of those items.

We have our first confirmed cases in the area - travel related, of course. It's interesting - our public school systems in this area have mostly resisted announcing plans for extended spring break or closures; they finally announced Tuesday night that they were extending spring break a week and were working on a plan. It's like they have had their heads in the sand and were hoping this plague would simply pass over us. I'm proud of our early decision - at least we look like we were planning for it; they look like chickens with their heads cut off right now. We still have lots of work to do next week to switch over to remote learning, like how to get students' materials to them for one. I was in favor of sending materials home with students on Friday but got overruled. We are doing a Zoom meeting tomorrow to plan for Monday and Tuesday.

Christine & Donna - I know what you mean about pilates subscriptions. I think I have 2 going now - Pilates Nest and Pilates By Lisa, but of course, I'm tempted by Emma's subscription offer.

Brenda - We have been enjoying the fresh air too, but no walks today for us. We are having 50+ mph winds in advance of a strong cold front. All of our trees are budding out, as are my roses - sadly we are predicted to have temps in the low 20's the next couple of nights.

Linda - People were not keeping their distance this morning at the store. I tried to move through as quickly as I could - but some folks were blocking the entire aisle while they pondered what to buy, as folks backed up behind me. Sigh...

Dana - Thanks for posting the ePilates deal. I will probably cave - lush outdoor scenery, even though a window, looks good to me right now.

Cheri - We (the School) are pondering how to take care of our part time staff. Thankfully we don't have too many of those folks.

Stay safe ladies! Aren't you glad we exercise at home???

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-20, 02:01 PM  
cherimac

PN Pilates for Stress Relief

I am so glad people are finding Pilates they love. Both E-Pilates and Ky are wonderful instructors. There are so many great options out there.
Old 03-19-20, 07:36 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Reboot - Week 1 Strength Work - 22 minutes;
Pilates Nest - ABC Pilates - 30 minutes

I don't even know how to begin to describe the Reboot Strength Workout - it was nothing like anything I've ever done. It reminded me a little bit of the gal who moved from New York City to Costa Rica and filmed at her home there. I can't remember what the one DVD she made was called and I can't even begin to think of why this slightly reminds me of her stuff. Her streaming workouts were named using decimal numbers (i.e., 4.1, 4.2, etc.). Funny the things I can remember.

The ABC (Arms, Booty, Core) Pilates workout was a challenging one for me. Thankfully Smriti didn't spent too much time on any one area. About the time I was ready to run up the white flag, she moved on to the next area.

Our governor moved today to close all schools, restaurants, bars and gyms for the next 2 weeks at least. I can't say that I am surprised, although it's hard for Texans to mind the government. Good for him! It needed to be done.

No walk today - way too windy. Probably no walk tomorrow either - Zoom meetings for work in the afternoon and it's supposed to be cold.

Hoping to add on Smriti's Pilates for Stress Relief before bed tonight.

Y'all take care!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-20, 09:57 PM  
cherimac

Carol-I really like ABC Pilates. Our governor refuses to mandate any closures. We added 80 some confirmed cases overnight; our death toll has gone from 1 to 10 in three days. It’s time to act.
Old 03-20-20, 12:14 AM  
fanofladyvols

Carol what we're experiencing is so unprecedented that I'm not surprised the government officials are struggling. As far as public schools, our officials struggle making timely decisions to close for inclement weather.
Why should I be surprised they waffle on a dangerous virus?

Donna I totally agree on the feeling distracted. It is very hard navigating daily life trying to weigh the necessity of errands versus risk. It's exhausting using brainpower for what should be mundane decisions.

Christine your workouts look like you must be feeling better. I hope that's true.

Today I spent time practicing combos from Cathe step workouts (Athletic step and IMAX 2). I get a great sweat just bumbling through a few combos. I know I will enjoy these workouts IF I can ever learn them.
My main workouts were CS #1020 Back pain relief; CS Forever painless hip/knee and calf/ankle pain relief chapters. I'm not in any pain but realized I had never done them. They all fit their titles fairly well and I felt nice afterwards.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-20, 06:27 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Quick check in b/c ironically, even though i work for the health department and am not a healthcare worker, I have to go in to the office today. Our team has 2 people in the office every day - and today is my day - we're each only going in once a week. From what I understand there aren't many people there so hopefully it is safe to go there....we shall see.

So - this morning I did:

Jane Adams - Yoga for Beginners - Hip Openers, Twists and Forward Bends.

I really enjoyed the practice! Last night DD and I went for our nightly walk.

The schools have said if this goes past the two weeks they had initially planned for that they would start distance learning on week 3. I have a feeling that will happen!

Carol - is it ART Method you are thinking of?

Linda - yes, it is exhausting.. I am just going to go in my office, close the door and not come out - LOL!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-20, 10:06 AM  
furmomof6

Good morning,

Pilates Nest: Total Body w/Weights

So, DH has been sick with a fever and body aches/fatigue the past few days. Our doctor recommended getting tested. Thankfully he's testing locally so DH just got back from the office. Well, technically he had to meet our doctor outside behind the office! Anyway, please keep us in prayer. Hopefully it's just the flu. Who would ever think we'd say that? So far I feel fine!

Donna, good luck at work today. I'm thinking of you.

Cheri, that's crazy, and so irresponsible!! Maybe he won't get voted back in next election!

Carol, do you mean Sylwia from Tonique? I think she named her workouts like that.

Linda, yes, thank you! I have been feeling much better these days. Hopefully it will stay that way with DH being sick.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote