Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-18-20, 03:58 PM  
jusca

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
Well all of you want to obsess about it and worry yourselves sick. So a good solution would be to go in your exercise room and take out the hoards of videos you have collected that are unopened and exercise yourself silly. Peace out peeps!!

i know that's right. lol. mary's having a sale too. open one, buy one sounds like a reasonable plan.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 03:58 PM  
furmomof6

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
Well all of you want to obsess about it and worry yourselves sick. So a good solution would be to go in your exercise room and take out the hoards of videos you have collected that are unopened and exercise yourself silly. Peace out peeps!!
I'm not obsessing over it. I barely watch the news anymore. I just came here to share how I keep my peace. I'm not limiting contact because I'm worried about myself, I'm doing it for the good of those more vulnerable. I'm sorry you are so hostile toward that notion.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 03:59 PM  
Leonana

I didn't mean any offense, just explaining the need for social isolation.

And yes, I am exercising regularly.
Old 03-18-20, 04:27 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusca View Post
....mary's having a sale too. open one, buy one sounds like a reasonable plan.
Open one, buy one... sounds good to me!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 04:33 PM  
sillygirl

Let's not forget the basketball player, Rudy Gobert, who jokingly touched all the mics/equipment at an interview only to find out two days later he tested positive for COVID-19. You just never know...

https://www.ajc.com/sports/basketbal...RZbkAHsb4RZ1M/
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 04:42 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
This gives the hospitals the ability to treat those seriously ill with the flu, as not everyone gets sick at once.....
Essentially, if we don't socially isolate, we are asking our medical personnel to do the impossible....

It's true the majority of the people will recover just fine. But social isolation is necessary for the vulnerable and for our medical personnel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post
I'm not limiting contact because I'm worried about myself, I'm doing it for the good of those more vulnerable.
Yes, this isn't obsessive behavior... it's respectful of those who are vulnerable because of health or occupation.

We have all been placed suddenly smack dab in the middle of this highly unusual predicament of trying to live but be aware of how we live even though we still need each other.

I say, if you get through life with a sense of humor, by all means, keep the grins a'coming!!

If you are one of those sweet encouragers (like Kim and Christine) , by all means send your sweet words just as much as you always have.

That's all needed more than ever

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 04:51 PM  
Messe

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post
I'm not limiting contact because I'm worried about myself, I'm doing it for the good of those more vulnerable.
This.

I'm going to take advantage of the early-hours grocery shopping for seniors later this week and shop for myself as well as my BFF and her husband. I'm keeping disinfecting wipes in my car, so I can disinfect the handles of her bags after I put them in my trunk and pop the trunk when I get to her house so she won't have to touch anything I've touched. Silly? Nope. I'll be protecting people I care about.

And I'm definitely keeping up with my workouts!

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 05:03 PM  
topfitmama

I'm chatting with my family and friends, finally catching up. We're usually too busy to have long conversations. Now we all have more time on our hands and a common topic of conversation: the changes taking place in the different countries where we live!

Like Christine, I've also been listening to uplifting messages and worship music and I'm reading books, just for the fun!

We're not staying at home out of fear of the virus; we understand that we've been asked to think about people other than ourselves at this time. If we don't do anything to try and stop the spread, there will be too many cases all at once and our -very good- health system won't be able to cope. We're doing it for the good of all of us. The restrictions are temporary.

I found this on a friend's wall on facebook: "Our grandparents were called to war. We're called to stay at home. We can do this."
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 05:24 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Meerkats!

https://www.earthcam.com/usa/florida...t/?cam=meerkat

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 05:34 PM  
Gams

I love meerkats!!!

My friend, Geoff, who is 59, called me to see how I am doing. (I am 61.). He said, “I thought I’d better call and check on you seeing how you are old and not a youngster like me.” 😁
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19