Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-18-20, 08:50 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Just a quick note to let everyone know that ePilates is offering a special $5 for a whole month of her streaming site. Here is an excerpt of Emma's email:

Secondly, I've been thinking how I can help the wider community get through these uncertain times, feeling less stressed and more positive.

So I've decided to offer new members their first month for $5 when they join the Core Fit Club. This way more people can have access to the great tools and classes we all get to use inside the Core Fit Club.

I've never offered this price for a month before, but feel it's a really important time for us all to look after our health right now. So if it helps out some people who would not normally be able to join, or who need some incentive, that's my goal.

It would be great if you could share this with any of your friends, family and colleagues, so they can stay healthy, not only physically but mentally as well.

You can just forward this email to them or share this website link; www.thecorefitclub.com

I'll be back later.
Old 03-18-20, 09:09 AM  
furmomof6

Dana, wow, how generous of Emma! Thank you for sharing that, I think I will sign up for the month because I've been curious about her workouts.

Cheri, good luck on your last day today! I'm glad you will have this time off with your family.

Donna, I'm praying for peace in the craziness for you. It's definitely a concerning time.

I'll be back to check-in, maybe with an E-Pilates workout!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 09:40 AM  
donnamp

It is nice to see that so many instructors are being generous with free trials and subscription periods!!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 10:53 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workouts were:

Pilates By Lisa - Spring into Summer Side Slimmer - 16 minutes;
Get Healthy U TV - Walk, Sweat, Sculpt: Upper Body - 33 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Pilates for Back Strength - 15 minutes

Chris really kicked DS's butt with this walking/upper body workout - I think he continues to be surprised at what bad shape he's in. I really hope he sticks with it - he needs to form a good exercise habit. Today is a scheduled rest day, much to his relief. I'll still get him out to walk the dogs later.

Dana - Thanks for the tip about ePilates. I continue to be impressed with how the fitness industry is stepping up to this crisis.

Donna - I've never heard of Bailey Brown. I will need to google her. I know what you mean about not getting out - our grocery is having early hours twice a week for the old folks, and that includes me - I plan on going in the morning. We are supposed to go back to school next Monday and Tuesday to prep for distance learning, as well as have a leadership team meeting, but that makes me nervous. I want my 6 feet!

Cheri - That's a tough decision to have to make, but I think eventually most of those types of stores will close anyway, or at least have shorter hours for a while.

Linda - I think you are spot on on the importance of sustainability of exercise as we age. I know that is something that I've drifted into naturally, without thinking too much about it.

Waves to Christine & Brenda. Y'all stay safe!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 11:18 AM  
cherimac

PN Pilates for Back Strength

Carol-I felt a great peace about it. I have benefits, and won’t be out all my pay. I can use paid time off, but I won’t yet. There are part-time people who could use my shifts to pay rent. Are you enjoying PBL?

No idea if this was posted yet, but TIU is giving a free month of their app to new subscribers.
Old 03-18-20, 11:48 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
PN Pilates for Back Strength

Carol-I felt a great peace about it. I have benefits, and won’t be out all my pay. I can use paid time off, but I won’t yet. There are part-time people who could use my shifts to pay rent. Are you enjoying PBL?

No idea if this was posted yet, but TIU is giving a free month of their app to new subscribers.
Cheri - I'm enjoying the variety of PBL at the moment. Would not want it to be the only thing I did - she would kill me.

What is TIU?

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 02:27 PM  
furmomof6

Walk
E-Pilates: Pilates for Runners

I loved Emma's workout! There were a few moves that were too advanced for me, so I modified (I love that she shows modifications). But overall it was a really good workout and I enjoyed her as an instructor! Theresa from Shaped by Faith tends to do the same Pilates moves in each video, so it was nice to have variety.

Dana, thanks again so much for posting the sale. I loved it, and look forward to trying more!

Carol, TIU is Tone it Up.

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
Old 03-18-20, 03:14 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post
Walk
E-Pilates: Pilates for Runners

I loved Emma's workout! There were a few moves that were too advanced for me, so I modified (I love that she shows modifications). But overall it was a really good workout and I enjoyed her as an instructor! Theresa from Shaped by Faith tends to do the same Pilates moves in each video, so it was nice to have variety.

Dana, thanks again so much for posting the sale. I loved it, and look forward to trying more!

Carol, TIU is Tone it Up.
Yay! I'm so glad you enjoyed Emma's workout, Christine! She is so approachable and relatable and her emphasis is on health - physical and mental. Since I'm not on FB I contacted her via email a few times with questions and she ALWAYS responded warmly and promptly. I really like her workouts and hope you continue to enjoy them too!
Old 03-18-20, 04:03 PM  
furmomof6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Yay! I'm so glad you enjoyed Emma's workout, Christine! She is so approachable and relatable and her emphasis is on health - physical and mental. Since I'm not on FB I contacted her via email a few times with questions and she ALWAYS responded warmly and promptly. I really like her workouts and hope you continue to enjoy them too!
Yes, I really liked her as an instructor! I loved the flow, the mix of moves and how she works you but doesn't rep you to death. That workout in particular, which was on her calendar for today, really stretched out my tight hips. It's good to know she is responsive too!

Old 03-18-20, 07:11 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Tues: 45 min. step
Wed: 60 min gardening

Today was so beautiful (55F and sunny) that I had to get outside and clean out my flowerbed and do some pruning. It felt really good.

It's so nice of all the instructors I've seen offering cheap/free use of their resources. It helps balance out all the hoarding I've heard about.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote