Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-19, 12:39 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
I would say that Step Sync is easier than Party Rockin' Step. Perhaps this is so because in Step Sync almost all of the moves are familiar from other Cathe step workouts. You can always start out with an 8 inch step and drop back to 6 inches. I was fine using 6 inches for both workouts
I agree. PRS 1 was much more difficult for me. I think I now have a foundation for Cathe’s moves so I caught on to Step Sync pretty quickly. I think you’ll be fine on 8 inches but can always lower it.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-19, 01:04 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
I'm planning on trying Step Sync today and from the reviews am debating whether or not I want to use 8 inches or 6. Can anyone compare the choreo difficulty to Party Rockin' Step 1? If it's anything like that, I'll want to use 6 until I learn it!
I don’t think you’ll have any problem on the 8 inch step. Her cuing is much better in StepSync IMHO and the moves are mostly familiar with a twist on how they are combined and on one or two pieces of the move. I had more issues with PRS choreo than this one by far. Enjoy!!
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-19, 02:49 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Thank you so much cataddict, ChelePA, and horusosiris!! I'm gearing up to give it a shot and think I'll try 8 inches to start....you're right, I can always lower it if I'm having issues!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-19, 06:05 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

I'm back after doing the Step Sync with double finished product premix on 8 inches and yep, you all were right! Her cuing is much better here and it's not as hard to pick up as PRS1 was. Even at 8 inches, it wasn't an intense cardio workout, more like a good long walk, but that's fine by me! I found it really fun and was grinning much of the workout. Definitely a good mood booster!

This will fit the bill perfectly for those days I don't feel like killing myself but still want to work out because it's sure to put a smile on my face without draining me!
Old 12-25-19, 06:21 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I did StepBoss PHA this morning and really loved it. Nicely paced and a good variety of exercises!
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-19, 04:14 PM  
Sunshine

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbclark44 View Post
I did this premix yesterday too and loved it! Nice upper body workout. Like you I love weight workouts and avoid lower body workouts with squats and lunges because of my knees as well.
dbclark44, I went online and asked what moves I can do to replace squats and lunges. I took screenshots of each move for reference.
so now when I come across a wo in my rotation like Cathe's that is filled with those from beginning to end, I just do the moves I learned instead.

Cathe Step Boss: I did IMAX 4 yesterday, I didn't use any risers, and later in the workout I didn't use a step at all - which for my achy knee was perfect!
I enjoyed the music very much !

Tuesday I did Step Sync and when I got tired of the step, I went on my treadmill.
Lately after about 30 minutes of step I head to the treadmill, Unless the moves they are doing draw me in.

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-19, 08:31 PM  
Fitstick

I did the PHA workout this morning. I wouldn’t say it was fun, but it felt effective and tough. I found the moving of the step riser back and forth to be a pain, but maybe it was my mood. Some of the exercises were difficult for me, like when she does a burpee into pushups using the sliders simultaneously moving their legs like jumping jacks in plank while doing push-ups. I have been working out for years and I can’t do push-ups this way using correct form. So I just went to my knees.. so far IMAX was the most fun for me, which surprises me. Maybe when I try Step Sync again I will change my mind!
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-19, 09:37 AM  
owltx

I have now done all three. Fitstick, my opinion agrees with yours - so far, I like IMAX 4 the best, which was a surprise for me. In fact, I *really* liked IMAX 4; this one was a lot of fun, got my heart rate up, low impact, great energy - really hits a lot of sweet spots there.

PHA was fine - as a PP stated, I just don't think I am a huge fan of PHA workouts and I am not sure why. Between Total Body Giant Sets and PHA from here S&S series, I would far prefer TBGS every time. This one was better than the last one, in my opinion, simply because there were less repeats. The one before this was a 3X and this one was a 2X. I did like several of the moves in here.

Step Sync was fun, but I didn't fall in love right away like I did with the PRS workouts. A PP compared it to Step Moves, and I would say that is an accurate description. I felt she spent a little too long on some of the top-of-the-step footwork. I would say her cuing was spot-on in this one, and this would be an excellent choice for those wanting to learn more intricate step work. I have a feeling that the double blast premix might be a nice fit for me.
Old 12-30-19, 11:25 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

I revisited Imax 4 doing the double blast premix this time, and that is the one I'll continue to use when doing this workout. It's great sweaty cardio without the high dread factor of something like Imax 3 (shudders), and I was shocked how red my face was by the end because I didn't feel like I was working that hard until it was over!
Old 12-30-19, 06:33 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
I revisited Imax 4 doing the double blast premix this time, and that is the one I'll continue to use when doing this workout. It's great sweaty cardio without the high dread factor of something like Imax 3 (shudders), and I was shocked how red my face was by the end because I didn't feel like I was working that hard until it was over!
I totally agree, Kittybug! Just finished the double blast premix and loved it!
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe step boss, step boss, step boss reviews