Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-23-19, 01:07 PM  
Fitstick

I did Step Sync this morning. I can see why someone expected a more advanced workout would be disappointed. It seems to move at a slower pace than Cathe’s other step workouts. I enjoyed it overall and glad she made a new step workout, but if I had been expecting something faster paced and more advanced I probably would have been disappointed.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-19, 01:16 PM  
Juice

Thumbs up

Funny how we all experience things differently! I just did Step Sync, and found it to be advanced, fun and fresh! Because of the increased choreography, which by definition (for me) involves more footwork than explosive movement, I found it to be intense in a different way. I like to vary the impact in my workouts, and this one challenges my feet (and brain) to move more quickly than with more athletic workouts. I did it on an 8-inch step, and got a great, sweaty, fun, and challenging workout. I also subbed in jumprope moves for the marching, which helped with the intensity.

I found the choreography to be moderate, but YMMV.

I love this entire series!
Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-19, 08:39 PM  
angie_nrs

Pha 3

I did this one as produced. I used the same weights and step height as Cathe and it was just right for me. I got a good enough challenge and it also definitely delivers that metabolic effect.

I'm not a huge fan of PHA workouts and I'm not really sure why. This one was good, but it didn't blow my socks off. The music wasn't inspiring at all. There was one place where Cathe says "this song makes me feel strong", when I was thinking I really don't like this music. Still, the workout itself was OK. There were some moves I just wasn't a fan of and others that were fresh and fun. Overall, I'm not sure how much use I will get out of it. Maybe it will grow on me as I do it a few more times.

In the series I really liked Step Sync and IMAX4 a lot! PHA is my least favorite of the bunch.
Old 12-23-19, 08:49 PM  
momofcha

Angie - that is hilarious about that song. My boyfriend just said how horrible the music was and then she said that.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-19, 10:28 PM  
Sunshine

Smile Pha 3

I love weights! I love weight Training... I don't go too heavy but I try to do every muscle at least once a week.

So my first thought about PHA was to do Premix #7 Upper Body.. 16 reps at a time... fast-paced which I like.. she does a combo of push ups then Triceps off the step... I slowed down by the 4th time around... whew!

Because of my knee I've had to back off from squats and lunges... The lower Body segments are filled with both of those.

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-19, 10:40 PM  
Sunshine

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitstick View Post
I did Step Sync this morning. I can see why someone expected a more advanced workout would be disappointed. It seems to move at a slower pace than Cathe’s other step workouts. I enjoyed it overall and glad she made a new step workout, but if I had been expecting something faster paced and more advanced I probably would have been disappointed.

This is great to hear! Cause I prefer slower.

I'm Also not crazy about "basic" step moves, they are hard on my knee, while all the other moves are not.

Old 12-23-19, 10:59 PM  
Sunshine

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
I also workout on rubber flooring and couldn’t do slider work without moving out into the hallway where we have wood flooring. I was at Costco a few months ago and bought some door mats (for our actual door) which are made out of recycled rubber but have a fabric type covering on top. Anyway, I got a brilliant idea to try my sliders on them (while they were still new), and they slide fantastic on them. I went back and bought two mats just for my workout area. I just roll them up when I’m not doing slider work.
Ha,! You gave me a great idea! I have several $1 door mats that I got at the dollar store... they are perfect!

Old 12-24-19, 08:42 AM  
dbclark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
I love weights! I love weight Training... I don't go too heavy but I try to do every muscle at least once a week.

So my first thought about PHA was to do Premix #7 Upper Body.. 16 reps at a time... fast-paced which I like.. she does a combo of push ups then Triceps off the step... I slowed down by the 4th time around... whew!

Because of my knee I've had to back off from squats and lunges... The lower Body segments are filled with both of those.
I did this premix yesterday too and loved it! Nice upper body workout. Like you I love weight workouts and avoid lower body workouts with squats and lunges because of my knees as well.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-19, 11:32 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

I'm planning on trying Step Sync today and from the reviews am debating whether or not I want to use 8 inches or 6. Can anyone compare the choreo difficulty to Party Rockin' Step 1? If it's anything like that, I'll want to use 6 until I learn it!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-19, 12:30 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
I'm planning on trying Step Sync today and from the reviews am debating whether or not I want to use 8 inches or 6. Can anyone compare the choreo difficulty to Party Rockin' Step 1? If it's anything like that, I'll want to use 6 until I learn it!
I would say that Step Sync is easier than Party Rockin' Step. Perhaps this is so because in Step Sync almost all of the moves are familiar from other Cathe step workouts. You can always start out with an 8 inch step and drop back to 6 inches. I was fine using 6 inches for both workouts
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe step boss, step boss, step boss reviews