Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-27-13, 10:46 AM  
momofcha

Dream Body Fusion Bump

First off, let me preface by saying my "baby" turned 9 yesterday. I have no need for a pregnancy DVD, but I thought this would be good for lighter days and I was right. It's no joke of a workout, I was sweating & my thighs, outer thighs, shoulders & abs were burning.

You need one slide, light weights, band.

I'm terrible at reviewing, but I'll break it down best as I remember.

You start off with thigh work and you work this leg for 17 minutes before switching to the other leg! i definitely had to take breaks, but I still felt worked. You use the slide or paper plate in this section, sliding out & then lunging, sliding out and then lifting leg. You do the fast punching sliding the leg out to the back while staying in a hover squat. Intense! The outer thigh work was brutal too - all while on all fours.

You repeat with other leg & then you grab the band and do some shoulder work and oblique work while in a plié. This section feels like a welcome break, but a few minutes in you are feeling it! Also some shoulder work while in warrior.

You focus on standing abs with the band here & I love it. My abs were worked harder here than in most other workouts because I usually skip it. This section was fun though & I loved the worked feeling on my abs.

The workout ends about 48 minutes, but then it goes into a lot of stretching & very light movement. Probably the longest stretch I've seen in a workout, but I guess if you're pregnant you really want to make sure your heart rate is down.

At no time did I ever think I was doing a pregnancy workout. The instructor isn't pregnant, but both class members are - at slightly different stages. There are some slight modifications offered & only one part of a section even had any type of impact at all. I modified to no impact. For those of you who like the idea of dream body, but think the pace is frenetic, you will like this. Much slower pace, but you are still working super hard. At times it was hard to hear her cuing, but over time that's not going to bother me at all. They still don't mirror cue, but again, that never bothers me.

Well worth the addition to my collection, two thumbs up from me.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-13, 10:57 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Thanks for the review, Sue! I'm glad you liked it -- it does sound good. I think I will definitely order this before the new Cardio series -- I'm still not sure about that one. Does anyone know if Mary will carry Bump?
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-13, 07:29 PM  
kariev34

Thanks for the review Sue, I just ordered. I actually like the first set (it took practice to get into it because it totally sucked at it) and I'm patiently waiting for the cardio set from Mary.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-13, 07:32 PM  
daisyduke

thanks for the review. i'm pregnant and was looking at this one.
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-13, 08:47 PM  
gerrie

Sue, thank you for the review.

I am really enjoying the new DB cardio series but after reading your review I greedily ordered Bump.

You said your baby just turned nine, well my grandbaby is nine and I still want the Bump workout.
gerrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-13, 08:07 AM  
LeanneM

Thanks for sharing the info, Sue! I had forgotten all about this one . . . but may need to order it!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-13, 07:15 PM  
twinkletoes

Thanks for the review! This one sounds really good!
Old 08-14-13, 07:42 PM  
Scbayless

I am pregnant, and just watched the clips for this. Mountain climbers are my enemy! I do them on a low stool . I like the knees out to the side modification she does though. This actually looks like a real hardcore pregnant work out, which is awesome! I wish I'd seen this earlier since I'm almost done with this pregnancy lol
Old 08-14-13, 09:34 PM  
kitty12

I just half listened to the clip while I was typing something and I thought she even sounds like she is talking faster than their regular DVDs!! I'll have to go back and view again when I'm paying more attention.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-13, 09:36 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Shammy, thanks for your review! Hmmm, I wonder if I could do this one. Is there a strong cardio effect in this workout?
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote