Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-23-13, 09:27 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lila_says View Post
Slightly OT, does anyone know why Mary still hasn't gotten these? TIA!
I asked Mary late in the day today & she said ups hadn't been there yet. I was hoping they would still arrive...

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-13, 09:30 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristieb726 View Post
You're quite welcome! Unless they have something on their website there wasn't anything additional with the set. I know that a there have been some on the board who have contacted them on their Facebook page, so maybe someone could ask!

HTH!

Kris
Bummer - this is on their website "Complete the series each week in our recommended workout schedule included with the DVDs for a head-to-toe workout to burn major cals and tone even your toughest trouble spots. Plus we've got health tips from each instructor - what works for them, their favorite go-to snacks, and how they stay looking and feeling so good."

I guess I assumed the recommended workout schedule included would be print material? Did you find health tips as any extra footage on the DVDs?

Old 07-23-13, 09:48 PM  
gerrie

There is a bookmark sized insert with MILF. It recommends doing the workouts in sequential order. In between days 3 and 4 they suggest doing your own hour-long workout (running, yoga,...). They also suggest an easy day for day 7 -- walking , gardening, or something recreational.

On the back of each of each individual case is eating advice from that particular instructor.
gerrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-13, 10:36 PM  
kristieb726

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
Bummer - this is on their website "Complete the series each week in our recommended workout schedule included with the DVDs for a head-to-toe workout to burn major cals and tone even your toughest trouble spots. Plus we've got health tips from each instructor - what works for them, their favorite go-to snacks, and how they stay looking and feeling so good."

I guess I assumed the recommended workout schedule included would be print material? Did you find health tips as any extra footage on the DVDs?
The tips are on the DVD case from each instructor along with a sjort bio, but I didn't see a calendar or workout printout in the DVD box.

Kris
kristieb726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-13, 10:41 PM  
kristieb726

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrie View Post
There is a bookmark sized insert with MILF. It recommends doing the workouts in sequential order. In between days 3 and 4 they suggest doing your own hour-long workout (running, yoga,...). They also suggest an easy day for day 7 -- walking , gardening, or something recreational.

On the back of each of each individual case is eating advice from that particular instructor.
Oh Good grief I didn't even see that until I read your post. When I think rotation calendar usually it's a large fold out a print out with the workout titles...lol. So as I gaze at my lovely insert I think I stand by my first assumption....they didn't include a rotation schedule...lol.

Kris
kristieb726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-13, 07:11 AM  
deineira

Kris, thank you sooooo much for posting your review and impressions of this series, as well as such detail for each disc. I am one who liked the first series in theory, but the little quirks about it drove me crazy. I am probably going to get this set and see what happens.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-13, 08:37 AM  
gerrie

I did MILF last night.

There is approximately 30 minutes of carido intervals, 21 minutes toning on the floor, and 4 minutes of stretching.

You need gliders, a circle band and 2 lb dumbbells for the cardio section. You need the circle band, dumbbells and a tall box for the floor section. The tall box Darby used looked very tall, taller than my FIRM box-- but I don't know how much difference the extra height would make in the bridge work.

The cardio intervals rotate through 60 second, 30 second, and 15 second intervals. The 15 second interval is supposed to be the most difficult. I think that there were 5 cycles of the 60-30-15 second intervals. Then all 5 cycles were repeated twice more (a total of 3 times). It is a bit of a gasping blur to me at this moment. I found the cardio section very challenging , definitely more challenging than the floor work. Many of the exercises had a toning element as well as being cardio exercises-- a lot of plank work and small dumbbells used for arm work while doing plyo moves or other standing work.

The floor work was quite good, it addressed upper body, lower body and abs.
gerrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-13, 08:51 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
I did MILF last night.

There is approximately 30 minutes of carido intervals, 21 minutes toning on the floor, and 4 minutes of stretching.

You need gliders, a circle band and 2 lb dumbbells for the cardio section. You need the circle band, dumbbells and a tall box for the floor section. The tall box Darby used looked very tall, taller than my FIRM box-- but I don't know how much difference the extra height would make in the bridge work.

The cardio intervals rotate through 60 second, 30 second, and 15 second intervals. The 15 second interval is supposed to be the most difficult. I think that there were 5 cycles of the 60-30-15 second intervals. Then all 5 cycles were repeated twice more (a total of 3 times). It is a bit of a gasping blur to me at this moment. I found the cardio section very challenging , definitely more challenging than the floor work. Many of the exercises had a toning element as well as being cardio exercises-- a lot of plank work and small dumbbells used for arm work while doing plyo moves or other standing work.

Awesome! Thanks for the update. I am really kicking myself for not ordering directly from them...

Old 07-24-13, 12:16 PM  
HRCFitness

I ordered from Mary and I can't wait to do these!! i love the first series!

This is one order I'm super happy with!
HRCFitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-13, 12:20 PM  
flamingoo

Quote:
I did MILF last night.

Could you try a chair for the bridge work? Barre3 has some bridge work using a chair and it really does hit your glutes well
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dream body