Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-14, 10:46 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

Are you an intensity junkie?

I admit, I am hopelessly addicted to intense workouts. Nothing makes me feels as good as the TapoutXT2s -- those are my most intense workouts I think. I wish they'd make #3.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 10:48 AM  
bubbles76

In my mind I am. My body disagrees
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 11:19 AM  
hpy2dnc

I love high intensity too. I am lost on days my body disagrees and can't convince my mind to do a moderate intensity workout.

Karen
hpy2dnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 12:07 PM  
mtngoat

I was until about 2 months ago. I had a back injury (unrelated to any particular workout). I simply couldn't/can't do my beloved plyo/Hiit/heavy weight workouts anymore.

So in the past two months I have turned to Margaret Richard and walking on an incline on the treadmill. My body feels soooooo much better, I can't believe it. I thought that the pain I was living with was normal (at least for me).

On the other hand, my mental/emotional reaction has been just what I feared it would be if I quit this type of intensity. If I can't find a way to properly vent, something's going to blow!

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 12:21 PM  
mrsyancy

Me.....so I have to control/tame myself to do steady state and slower paced workouts to make sure I don't over do it.....but I am definitely an intensity junkie and love it
mrsyancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 12:45 PM  
Aquajock

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
I admit, I am hopelessly addicted to intense workouts. Nothing makes me feels as good as the TapoutXT2s -- those are my most intense workouts I think. I wish they'd make #3.
I'm an intensity appreciator, not a "junkie". To me if it doesn't feel like work, it's not a workout.

What I USED to be, and am not anymore, is a duration junkie. I used to think if every workout didn't last at least 90 minutes I was a slackerslob. These days I value my scheduled shorter workouts (also very intense) as much for their brevity as their intensity. Makes for a good mix.

Oh, and just in passing - if anyone is in a mood to offload their copy of TapoutXT2s, I'm, like, very available to relieve you of it.

A-Jock
Old 04-08-14, 01:04 PM  
andtckrtoo

I'm an Intensity Junkie wanna be. I used to be. And like AJ used to be an endurance junkie - 3-5 hour hikes and bike rides were the norm. I still hike, but they are usually 5 mile jaunts. I recently had a knee scope, so now I'm building back up and happy to find that there are a lot of intense workouts that are lower impact.
Old 04-08-14, 02:29 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsyancy View Post
Me.....so I have to control/tame myself to do steady state and slower paced workouts to make sure I don't over do it.....but I am definitely an intensity junkie and love it
Ho boy, this is totally me. I have to control myself sometimes and throw in less intense or steady state workouts just to keep from over training. It's a battle between me and my desire! I love it so much, it's definitely a true addiction!

P.S. macska- I just recently got TapOut XT 2 as well and am loooooving it!!

P.P.S. As it turns out, I've come to realize lately that I am also a forum junkie!
Old 04-08-14, 03:38 PM  
Indy

Use to be. Not now though. I was of the mindset that if I wasn't nearly dead after a solid hour or more of exercise then I didn't get a good workout in.

It needn't be that intense or long I've discovered.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 03:44 PM  
Scbayless

I am. I just don't feel done unless I'm flooded and drenched with sweat, and feel some muscle screaming.

Tags
intensity junkies