Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-11, 08:18 PM  
marzey2

Where to start with Tracy Anderson

I'm reading so many threads lately about what great results everyone is getting from Tracy. I always thought she was kind of a flake and never paid much attention to her. Where do you start with her dvd's? Is there a specific rotation?
marzey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-11, 08:34 PM  
suegy3

Someone else asked the same question the other day, although she described herself as an apple, they suggested where to start off:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...light=anderson
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-11, 09:17 PM  
2ndgen

I am not a TA fan but if I were going to start out I'd get her book with the DVD attached. In fact, I did get her book with the DVD but eventually gave both away.
Old 11-19-11, 09:27 PM  
chrisqan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgen View Post
I am not a TA fan but if I were going to start out I'd get her book with the DVD attached. In fact, I did get her book with the DVD but eventually gave both away.
i think the book is a good start- but only to read about the accessory muscles and the cross vectors of force. the actual workout- the bootcamp- i dont recommend to beginners of her method. it is a tough 30 days- and the muscular structure work alone can take up to 90 minutes and you are expected to do it every day and also build up the dance cardio to 40 minutes a day. also the diet is a pain and very low calorie, and she only demonstrates about 20 reps of each exercise that you are supposed to build up to 60 reps yourself- not a good idea if you don't like following paper workouts- or doing it w/o video. when i did her 30 day bootcamp, i only did ms work- not dc or diet plan.
i recommend either the original mat workout or meta for beginners. maybe meta a bit more, because it's very structured and not too hard.
chrisqan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-11, 05:16 AM  
PhyllisG

I like Mat and that was my first thought but then I decided go straight to Meta. This program seems to give the most results so you are the most motivated. It will take some getting used to but if you push yourself to continue I think you will see what all the talk is about.
The book is interesting to read but I never used the DVD and never did the bootcamp program. I read it occasionally to understand her philosophy and check out the individual descriptions of the exercises. I almost traded the book but am glad I kept it as it helps keep me interested in her program.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-11, 07:31 AM  
Tugger31

I dont even see Mat on her website, any idea where to get this? I've checked amazon and qvc, saw a mention on amazon for ALOT of $$.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-11, 08:24 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

What does everyone think of her Perfect Design Series? I saw it on QVC for $67 and change, I think. Does that include PD 1, 2 and 3? I wasn't able to tell for sure. Does PD have more standing work? The all fours work is what scares me the most about meta. Not a fan of all fours work at all.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-11, 08:35 AM  
Hilary

I've done Perfect Design 1 and 2. I have 3 too, but I haven't done it yet ... they progress in difficulty. That price should include all three. I actually love PD 2 ... and it has NO matwork except for abs ... you use a chair in almost all the exercises. I love the way it hits my glutes, which makes me think I probably am Glutecentric. Some people don't like it because the set is dark (it's her studio at night and you can see the traffic outside ... I personally love it!) and Tracy is wearing a very bizarre silk workout outfit. Also, I've found it difficult to integrate with Meta. You're supposed to do 10 days at each level, but I end up doing five days of Meta a week and one day of another, longer Tracy, like Mat or PD.

If you order from QVC, you have the 30-day return guarantee, which I believe is now extended to after Christmas, so I would think that's the way to go whether you order Meta or PD. But be warned ... it can take a while to warm up to Tracy. I loved her stuff from the get-go, but my BFF who ordered at the same time didn't and returned her Meta and now she has returner's remorse.
Hilary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-11, 09:35 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Thanks for your input, Hilary. It actually does sound like the workouts from PDS would appeal to me a lot more than meta. Maybe I could start there and see if I would eventually like to continue on with TA. QVC does sound like the way to go, too.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-11, 09:37 AM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
I dont even see Mat on her website, any idea where to get this? I've checked amazon and qvc, saw a mention on amazon for ALOT of $$.
It's only $23 on QVC.com. Amazon has it for $29.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tracy anderson beginners