Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-05, 05:52 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Hi Amy,

Welcome! I'm glad you are finding info you can use here. I'm sure Ooty will be by to encourage you to try CardioCoach! You've probably figured out there are a few other Cathe fans here as well.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-05, 07:12 PM  
ooty

I love you Amy and Laura

And blue and Donna ( who is being bad and not trying Cardiocoach).

Welcome Amy!
Yes, of course, you have to get Cardiocoach ASAP!

Join our lovely cyber home!

Ooty

PS Laura, why don't you put a plug in for your guy Marcus Irwin, I am getting all confused, I see some Marcus Prolo mentioned, can you straighten it out for me Laura? Thanks!
Old 11-18-05, 10:05 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooty
PS Laura, why don't you put a plug in for your guy Marcus Irwin, I am getting all confused, I see some Marcus Prolo mentioned, can you straighten it out for me Laura? Thanks!
Ooty - Well, I usually try to save my gushing about Marcus Irwin when a post begs for it. I'm experiencing a drought of those posts right now. Then there is Marcos Prolo who is a wonderful cuer. He will describe what we are about to do and I say, "Uh huh. Right." Then, he cues me right through it and I have a wonderful time the whole way through. It does get confusing with two of my favorite instructors with such close names!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 11-18-05, 11:06 PM  
blue_hydrangea

Hi Ooty

Hi Ooty, sorry I've been replying so late, lately. It's been hectic the last few workdays at the hospital ( not much 'net time).

Ooty, you enabler, you! Thanks for the links; I just might have to check out a CC or two!

Quote:
I am having such a hard time trying to work my other videos for cardio in these days.
Isn't that the truth! That's why I made myself a promise (besides the fact that I like jogging and get a great cardio workout out of it) to keep jogging as my main cardio---it would drive me crazy to try to rotate through a huge collection of cardio dvds (disclaimer: kickboxing not withstanding ). I read a post the other day about how a couple of the VFers have a collection of around 600 videos! I got dizzy just thinking about it!

By the way...you can call me Leslie instead of "blue" (unless you just really like "blue", which is fine with me ).

Bye Ooty
blue_hydrangea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-05, 11:25 PM  
gradgirl

Hello!
I'm new to the boards, but I have browsed Video Fitness' reviews for a while now. I am 25, married to a wonderful man w/o kids, and I am graduate student.

I have to say that the Firm is what has made the most difference in my body. I think I might be obsessed with videos at this point, because I look at them on the internet everyday... I say to myself... "when I get out of school, I'll get ____"

I just got into using a ball, and I really want Cathe's Core Max. I hope I get it for Xmas- it will be my first Cathe. I have several Firms, and just got 10 minute Solution "Carb Burner" because you can program the workouts. I also have a few yoga DVD's, but nothing fancy. I do the firm 3 days, and 2-3 days of straight Cardio. I want to eventually move to running instead of so much aerobics.

I look forward to having a new place to talk about working out so my DH can have a break!

gradgirl
gradgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-05, 11:45 PM  
ooty

Welcome gradgirl. You have indeed come to the right place! Great to see you well informed to begin with, very impressive at this young age.

Ooty
Old 11-20-05, 07:03 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome Gradgirl! It sounds like you have a really good handle on your fitness and how you achieve it. You'll find a lot of people here do non-video fitness activities as well, so you can talk about those as well. I think there are a LOT of spouses, significant others, friends, and family members who are probably glad that the members here have somewhere to go to talk about their workouts!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 11-20-05, 08:59 AM  
new2me

Hello Vates!

Hi Gradgirl!!!

Welcome to both of you!!!

Ooty - I made the mistake of watching the Turbo Jam infomercial this morning. Now I MUST have them, lol. Give me a little time and I'm sure CC is not far behind!

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-05, 12:23 PM  
ooty

Hi Laura: Thanks for Marcus/MArcos info. I remember thinking, did somebody mistakenly type Prolo instead of Polo ( ala Marcos Polo)

Donna: Will check back with you to see if you acquired Cardiocoach, but do you use any cardio equipment or run outside. If not, then I will spare you..

Note to self: Need to gently nudge Leslie in a few days

(Hmm..I am thinking I need a huge commission for this service, what do you all think?)
Old 11-20-05, 05:03 PM  
new2me

Quote:
Donna: Will check back with you to see if you acquired Cardiocoach, but do you use any cardio equipment or run outside. If not, then I will spare you..
Nope, just a rebounder. I hear it works well for that too, lol.

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread