Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-01-09, 09:58 AM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

STS Convert (At least for Meso 1)

Throughout the entire STS preorder, I swore up and down that I would wait for the audio-only version to be released before I bought any part of it. But once I heard the music I didn't think there would be vocal-only version of it and the music sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me...so that idea went out the window. Are they even still planning STS Gym??

Some background~~I don't like isolation moves, I prefer full body workouts or 2 part splits to 3, I hate long rests between sets, I need good music to move me along, and I have come to the conclusion that endurance work and bodyweight exercises better suit my taste and give me all the muscle tone I need.

I waited patiently for some reviews, and purchased the last week of Meso 3 off of the swaps. Loved the Plyo Legs, hated the Squat Rack Legs and thought the rest of the split was a giant snoozer. I realize I didn't use it as it was intended but I don't think I could ever get through more than 3 of those workouts. I thought there wasn't enough work in the 8 reps to justify the LOOOOOOOONG rest time. Also, it seemed like I couldn't get my weight right in 8 reps to go to failure without straining my shoulders and elbows in a worrisome way.

Then, I started to read about Meso 1 and how many pushups there were,and how frantic the pace was and thought that it might be right up my alley.

I bought it off of the swaps, turned that horrible music off, put my own tunes on and found that I LOVE IT!

This is my favorite Cathe strength work! I don't find the pace frantic at all, but like I said, I prefer to move fast with less rest. I find it very freeing to be committed just 3 days a week and have the rest of the week to do other things.

I could take a pass on the guys in the back, and I think isolation triceps work is unneccesary...but it didn't overwhelm the workout.

I have absolutely no interest in doing the whole program, and I probably won't use the week of Meso 3 I own again...but Meso 1? It's a gem!!
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-09, 12:15 PM  
Sara1000

I think many of us are starting to see STS or parts of STS can be adapted to our own purposes. I love Meso 1 although I was feeling strained as I added on more weight each week.

I agree the guys add nothing but maybe having there will encourage some men to use the workouts.

One thing I noticed which I thought was funny is the women make a point to keep smiles on their faces and look like they're having fun even when working hard, while the guys just look like they are working hard and are NOT smiling!
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe friedrich, sts