Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-05-11, 08:57 AM  
CHAPLYN61

Supreme 90 or clx- Help!

I am finishing up a Body Gospel rotation and am looking for my next rotation to add some more muscle and definiation. Was debating doing Slim in 6 as I already have it, but am afriad i will die of boardom! So I am now looking at Supreme 90 and CLX. I have less than an hour each morning to devote to a rotation. For those of you have these programs ( and if you have both especially) What did you love/hate about them? What would you recommend? I have seen the rotation for CLX but not for Supreme 90 , but assume that each program is 6 days a week. Any feedback would be helpful.
CHAPLYN61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 09:05 AM  
jaburke66

I can only speak for S90 -- LOVE IT. On day 19, no boredom so far, relatively short but very intense w/o's. Tom is likeable and no one gets on my nerves. For $20, you just can't beat it. Target carries it, BBB too -- use your $5 off coupon and you just scored it for $15.

I like that I can tack on other things -- I'm learning kettlebells, so it's great to get my w/o done and do something else if I want. Another plus -- you just need dumbells and a stability ball. No dancy stuff or complicated combos. Not that those are bad, they just aren't my style.
Old 05-05-11, 09:37 AM  
Kesal

I've really been enjoying S90 this spring (although not in the prescribed rotation). They are effective, fun, short workouts. The strength workouts are mostly "splits" for different muscle groups. The only equipment needed is a stability ball and a basic set of dumbbells (I have 3, 5, 8, & 10 lb sets, which has been fine. I could have maybe used a 12 or 15 for a move or two, but I basically had what I needed). The first post in this thread:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...eferrerid=8445
gives times for each workout and the "official" rotation.

I haven't done CLX. The main thing that holds me back is the weights required. I don't have the $$ or space for additional dumbbells or adjustable dumbbells, and I think it's pointless to try it with only 10 pounders. They do say that there's a resistance band option, but no one seems to rave about that. I have the impression that the weight workouts are more total body than splits. I think that I'd feel less comfortable abut tweaking the rotation for CLX to suit myself than I do with S90, since the Burn/ Push/ Lean phases seem so clear cut.
Kesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 10:05 AM  
Cassy

I've tried both CLX and Supreme 90. Supreme 90 goes super fast and CLX moves very slow. When I first tried CLX I thought I would be bored with the slow movements. I was nicely able to try it in a temp trade before buying but at first didn't click. However after trying it again (turbo fire has a copy of one of the workouts) I really appreciated it and decided to buy the set. I find this workout gives me great DOMS. I feel like my shoulders are finally coming back in shape. Both workout programs are about the same length.

I just didn't click with the instructor on Supreme 90 and found the background exercisers unmotivating. It also moves way to fast. I ended up giving Supreme 90 away to a friend. But obviously there is a big price difference between the two but I ended up getting CLX on ebay for a great price. On ebay just watch for sellers who have been around a long time and you can check their feedback to verify they aren't selling a bunch of programs. It will give you move confidence you are buying a real set.
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 10:14 AM  
alisoncooks

I was impressed by S90. I think it is a great value for the price. And I thought the workouts were good, production good.

I only made it through 5 days of a rotation, though. Turns out I just don't mesh with splits. I prefer total body workouts.

I'll either give my set to my brother or trade it...
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 10:24 AM  
icebergslim

You can't beat 20.00 for S90D, seriously you can't. Some parts of the workouts are fast, but once you get the moves down you can pause the dvd to finish your rep rotation. I know some people look at the background exercisers and try to keep up, but really the workout is about you working your muscles to failure, at your pace. I have CLX and that is the program I will workout in the fall, I am almost done with S90D and my next rotation is the Skogg System. I read that some Targets have S90D for 1/2 price, again you can't beat it. A workout program, 10 dvds for twenty dollars? Not knocking CLX since I have it but if you are tight on money S90D is the way to go.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 10:56 AM  
jplain

In your shoes I'd try Supreme 90 first, using a $5 coupon from Bed, Bath, & Beyond. The financial investment is minimal, and it has good resale value. Don't forget, Bed, Bath, & Beyond will allow you to return *anything* with a receipt, no time limit. Give it a good month or two, and if it isn't a good fit, then consider CLX.
jplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 11:04 AM  
icebergslim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplain View Post
In your shoes I'd try Supreme 90 first, using a $5 coupon from Bed, Bath, & Beyond. The financial investment is minimal, and it has good resale value. Don't forget, Bed, Bath, & Beyond will allow you to return *anything* with a receipt, no time limit. Give it a good month or two, and if it isn't a good fit, then consider CLX.
I agree here. If you get it from Mary, she is 30 day return or you can give it away to someone else since the investment is very minimum.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 11:16 AM  
Blackadar

I have both workouts. CLX has better production values, lighting, instruction, etc. The quality is just superior in CLX as compared to S90. I like CLX - especially the first couple of months.

But...

For the price differential? Go with S90 first and then if you don't like it, get CLX. I found S90 for $14. CLX is $140. It's not worth 10x the amount of money.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 11:22 AM  
momofcha

HATED S90. I could not get rid of that set fast enough. CLX - I have been doing for 3+ years.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chalean extreme, clx, s90, supreme 90, supreme 90 day