Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-23-02, 10:10 PM  
vivian

Help needed from firmies

Hi . This is one vidiot who has never tried the Firm , and after seeing the imfomercials , I am curious ( not in the new ones though , mixed reviews ) . I am intermediate and bulk up easily so im into low weight-high reps . After reading reviews here , at Collage and Amazon , I have come down with these but cant make up my mind .
Super sculpting ( bad audio quality according to some
reviews )
Firm parts 4-pack ( includes Standing legs , Upper body
5-day abs and Lower body sculpting
( Floor legs )
Crosstrainer cardio
Total bodyshaping mix

I am pretty interested in the tall-box exercises ( seem like killers !! ) , if it has some cardio benefit , great .

HELP !!!! Wanna pick one to try them out
Which would you pick ????

Thanks
vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-02, 10:32 PM  
FlowerChild

I really like Firm Cardio but like Firm Strength better. FS and FC are very similar. FC has only a smidge more cardio than FS. I think the crosstrainers would be an excellent introduction to the Firm. To save money (so you could get both), you might look on ebay or half.com.

BTW, you can get the 4 pack (Parts - SL, UB, TT2, 5DA) at Wal-Mart and other retailers for about $19.
FlowerChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-02, 05:58 AM  
Tamara
VF Supporter

Thumbs up My vote is for Total Bodyshaping Mix

Hi! Just wanted to weigh in with my vote, since it seems we may have similar body types. I gain muscle size very easily, especially in my lower body. I try to stay lower-weight, higher-rep on the bottom especially. I do heavy up on upper body, because I really need the strength and some size there to balance out the rest of my frame.

Anyway, I did this video for the first time the other day, and I loved it! It's a nice, long, and very thorough workout. Several 4-limbed segments and other aerobic segments, good tall box work, and I noted in my journal that I really loved the floorwork on this one. The stretch was also very thorough, more so than other Firms. I did note that it wasn't enough chest work (I especially like flyes and pullovers, and there weren't any) to get a full 5-stars, but othewise this is a wonderfully complete video.

The other good thing is that it has segments from several of the others that are highly recommended (including Cardio and Strength, and the Tri-Trainers). This can give you a good idea if you really enjoy a particular instructor or the segments from another tape, and give you a place to go next.

Good luck with your program. Hope this helps.

cheers,
Tamara
Old 08-24-02, 08:59 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Hard choices

I also prefer Firm Strength to Firm Cardio although I think they are both good videos.

Super Sculpting is a good choice if you can find a non GoodTimes version. They would be available at the exchange (here, FitPrime site, or Ya-Yas), half.com, or e-bay. The bad quality is from LP versions which are the GoodTimes videos.

I also like Total Body Shaping Mix. Like Tamara mentioned, it does give you an idea of what the other instructors are like.

Helen
Helen S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-02, 12:11 PM  
vivian

Thank you , this was pretty helpful . I am going to order both Bodyshaping mix ( love my workouts loooooong ) and Strength .
Thanks again
vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-02, 02:19 PM  
stephb

Just adding on my two cents: I agree with Firm Strength, Total Body Shaping Mix and Super Sculpting. Super Cardio is also a really popular choice.

StephB
stephb is offline   Reply With Quote