Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-20, 09:50 AM  
horsemom2

I have a 17 inch Acer Windows7 laptop from Walmart and a very cheap 15 inch Toshiba Windows10 (upgraded from 8) laptop from Office Depot.
Both are old in dog years.
Luckily we have a great pc repair business near us that saved my Windows 7 when the hard drive was about to die.
Both work well except my Windows7 cd/dvd drive is very finicky.

Our son got a great HP laptop from the Windows store which runs very good sales for the holiday season.
So comparison shop.
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-20, 10:28 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post

FWIW, I may be in the minority but I like Windows 10. Now, there was something in between Windows XP and Windows 10 that was awful where they took away the start menu and I had to google how to shut down my system because the shutdown/restart was sort of buried in a nonsensical location. But Windows 10 has been fine so far.
I remember that! I was working at one place when that mess rolled out; only had to use it for a few weeks. Then I moved on to somewhere else where their system was a little behind. They announced they'd be upgrading soon. I was horrified - lol. You should've seen me trying to explain what would happen with the upgrade. But luckily they went straight to 10 & bypassed whatever that mess was.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-20, 11:33 AM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Everyone has given great advice! I'm another one that would stay on Windows XP for the rest of my life!

I currently use a Dell Latitude for work computer and Dell Inspiron for personal (both laptops with Windows 10). My last personal laptop was an HP and prior to that a Lenovo. All of them have basically performed the same. If I had to pick one out of that bunch it would probably be the Lenovo but it was quite a bit more $$.

Whatever computer you buy should have the latest processor, which I think now is Intel Core i7 10th generation? 8gb of CPU memory. Most of the hard drives now (where you would store your pictures, documents, files etc.) are pretty large.
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
computers, desktop, personal computer