Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-24-20, 01:11 PM  
kat999

I've been active here off and on for years. Although I've never donated, I'd certainly be willing to. I honestly like using this particular bulletin board system; it's super easy when things are working correctly.

I will say I do have some groups on Discord, and it's very easy to use, but it would be much, much harder to create the kind of threads we can on here. It's free, though.
Old 10-24-20, 01:39 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
I've posted and read on and off for years. Less recently but I've always enjoyed this site. I'd be wiling to donate if I knew the money would actually be used to keep things going and updated. I have noticed when I log in here my web browser says, "Not secure."
WWWendy addressed the "not secure" thing back in 2018 in case anyone's interested:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWendy View Post
Hi, as stated above the “insecure site” message appears because we use a free shared SSL certificate provided by our web hosting company. We DO have site security, but I have not purchased a separate VF owned SSL certificate with our name on it because VF does not sell anything, capture credit card info etc. so the cost is not worth it. The free shared certificate provides the same security except the name on the security certificate belongs to our hosting company. Because the name does not match videofitness.com the browser error message appears. This is a good thing in the case of a phishing situation / you would not want to log in to a site pretending to be amazon with your amazon credentials (for example). But in our case the mismatch goes not mean we are insecure, just that we use a shared security certificate.

It is always good practice to use a unique password here or anywhere else, however.

I will consult with the hosting company to see if there is a way to stop the warnings besides buying our own SSL.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 02:17 PM  
gigi

Thank adawn!
Old 10-25-20, 11:25 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

I'll definitely register at Tapatalk as I do think we are going to log on one day and this site will be gone.
Old 10-25-20, 11:29 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
What is VF Roost?
I was wondering the same thing.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 11:39 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I've registered and got the response membership pending approval. Am I supposed to do anything else? Who is approving new members?
Old 10-25-20, 11:56 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I was wondering the same thing.
It's just another social media platform---Tapatalk.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 12:16 PM  
Karla25

It costs me approximately $1.66 a month to use this forum. I get a great value from it. I’ve discovered new instructors, different types of workouts and become acquainted with some thoughtful and generous women. I’m very happy with this forum and the services I receive. I’ve not had any trouble using the search function, but I don’t use the advanced option.

Some members have mentioned the costs associated with running a website. I am not sure if Wendy even recoups the costs associated with managing this site. There are no annoying ads to help her recover costs.

Wendy is kind enough to allow people to use this site free of charge. Many regulars are taking advantage of her kindness and do not pay any yearly dues for this wonderful forum. Why should Wendy put in more time and money if so many regulars don’t feel her services are worth a $1.66 a month?

I thought about starting a support VF Forum thread in the hopes of encouraging nonpaying members to become supporters of this forum.
Old 10-25-20, 01:46 PM  
fanofladyvols

Supporting VF can be done in many ways...not just financially.

Involvement in check-ins, responding to queries, offering encouraging thoughts, posting reviews, listing trades, giving SASEs and posting threads are all ways people "support" VF and continue to make it the wonderful place it is.

Could someone make a payment each year and support VF but do nothing else...of course! I don't know what the "minimum" level of those contributions are necessary. I can only assume Wendy receives that as she hasn't made a plea for more.

So I can't agree that a person is only a supporter if they pay....I appreciate everyone's contributions in any manner they choose.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 03:06 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Supporting VF can be done in many ways...not just financially.

Involvement in check-ins, responding to queries, offering encouraging thoughts, posting reviews, listing trades, giving SASEs and posting threads are all ways people "support" VF and continue to make it the wonderful place it is.

Could someone make a payment each year and support VF but do nothing else...of course! I don't know what the "minimum" level of those contributions are necessary. I can only assume Wendy receives that as she hasn't made a plea for more.

So I can't agree that a person is only a supporter if they pay....I appreciate everyone's contributions in any manner they choose.

Good point, Linda, and you are definitely an example of that -- you consistently offer up lots of comments and positive thoughts. Love your posts!

Tags
abandonware, forum issues, glitches, internal server error, search malfunction, vf future, vf roost, vf site issues