Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-20-21, 10:03 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollamyn View Post
Adding my own music? How would I sync it to her exact beat? I need to be on beat to the music in cardio workouts or it just seems...wrong. And I'm not a talented techie, nor do I want to spend time trying to figure that out when there are plenty of other workouts I enjoy that DO already have music.

I might give her a try sometime. Her chatter doesn't bother me. Being a vidiot, I'm used to that sort of thing.

Donna
I've never figured out the adding your own music thing either. I spent too many years in marching band and the workout would absolutely have to be on the beat or it would drive me CRAZY.

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-21, 12:41 PM  
Leonana

I'm hoping Jessica Smith's Lift & Shift will help me with weight loss and toning. She looks great in the pictures, you'd never know she had a child. Also, I think she is 41, and it's harder to lose the weight after having a child later in life.
Old 02-21-21, 09:23 AM  
CabCalloway

Hi All, Just noticed this thread which I guess I thought violated rules about the d word. But since it has a healthy amount of posts it must be okay, so I'll chime in.

Over the years, okay decades, the weight crept up slowly. I developed slight high blood pressure as a result. I'm sure the stresses of life contributed too. Fear of Covid-19 drove me to my doctor. She was frank about what many of you have said here; that all the great workout habits can't compete with intake management. So, she told me that she didn't like keto for its potential of kidney stress. Her instructions were simple. Low carbs ( max 56 g/ day), which is above keto levels. No sugar, except berries. That's it. I took it to heart ( starting July 2020). Since then I've dropped 40+ lbs and am almost at my running weight from the late 1980' s. Ashamed to say I didn't up my workouts very much during that time. Still, it made the workouts easier. I've shared this with of you offline but felt okay to post this in this thread. I hope it may help some. Feel free to PM me for particulars.
Stay safe,
CabC
CabCalloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-21, 01:47 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
I've never figured out the adding your own music thing either. I spent too many years in marching band and the workout would absolutely have to be on the beat or it would drive me CRAZY.

Carol
I regularly mute walking workouts (whether they have music or not) and play audiobooks or podcasts. I keep the beat by continuing to watch the screen and keep my movements synchronized with theirs. I think if you were playing your own music, you'd want to create a playlist that had a BPM close enough to the one they're using in the video. For walking workouts, it's about 140 bpm, IIRC, in order to equal a ~15-minute mile's worth of effort. Jog.fm has ways to check the BPM of your music.
Old 02-21-21, 03:05 PM  
pharma_gal

I tried several workouts and I just couldn’t get into them. I have started doing Sydney Cummings on YouTube and just finished her Dec program. My weight didn’t budge but I do feel tighter and stronger. I will continue with her workouts because I am enjoying them and don’t find them to be as hard as Cathe. Hopefully I can get back to Cathe again someday.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-21, 04:59 PM  
lizh

Congrats CabC!
Fantastic results and such a reasonable approach!
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-21, 05:43 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabCalloway View Post
Hi All, Just noticed this thread which I guess I thought violated rules about the d word. But since it has a healthy amount of posts it must be okay, so I'll chime in.

Over the years, okay decades, the weight crept up slowly. I developed slight high blood pressure as a result. I'm sure the stresses of life contributed too. Fear of Covid-19 drove me to my doctor. She was frank about what many of you have said here; that all the great workout habits can't compete with intake management. So, she told me that she didn't like keto for its potential of kidney stress. Her instructions were simple. Low carbs ( max 56 g/ day), which is above keto levels. No sugar, except berries. That's it. I took it to heart ( starting July 2020). Since then I've dropped 40+ lbs and am almost at my running weight from the late 1980' s. Ashamed to say I didn't up my workouts very much during that time. Still, it made the workouts easier. I've shared this with of you offline but felt okay to post this in this thread. I hope it may help some. Feel free to PM me for particulars.
Stay safe,
CabC
That's pretty much what I did. I still eat fruit other than berries, but not regularly.

Carol
Old 02-21-21, 06:43 PM  
cailleach

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
So...I think it really comes down to what is most important to you - if you enjoy your workouts and are not getting beat up or injured from them you can decide to be ok with the extra pounds and continue on with what you are doing.
Donna

Like many others here, I like to exercise. About few years ago, I knew I gained weight due to stress eating as I was going to be moving to live with my aging parents to help take care of mother with dementia. One day, was about to take a shower and forgot something in the bedroom with full mirror closet doors. Had a glance and said each word of W.T.F!!! My weight gain did not go where I expected to go. It was like I was wearing an invisible belt and had a muffin top. The weight gain stopped right above my hips. Had a flash of an image I saw on how our bodies change as we age. Muttered 'ah, menopause'. I was expecting to be a pear shape as usual and I'm now an apple shape. Now I sometime just look at my body with some amusement. Yes, I would like to go back to counting calories to lose some weight and be able to eat for myself instead of dealing with my parents.

I figure as long I'm able to lift weights, do cardio, challenge my body, it's good enough for me.
cailleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-21, 07:22 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Pahla's workouts and messaging enabled me to do what I did, which was lose 28 pounds to date.
Carol, your post is so motivating. Thank you so much for sharing.
Old 02-28-21, 08:23 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negin View Post
Carol, your post is so motivating. Thank you so much for sharing.
Hang in there!

Carol

Tags
diabetes, pahla bowers, rotation, rotations, success stories, successful weight loss, system, systems, weight loss