Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Bargain Watch

Old 02-14-21, 01:33 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

I bought one. I have used only a cheap spring rebounder from walmart in the past so I can’t compare to any other bungee rebounders.

I have used it for Walk It Out! and to just bounce around a bit. It seems sturdy and well made. The bounce is softer than the cheapy and it was much more difficult to step with the beat in my WIO. It was a bit difficult to figure out how the bungees attached because the instruction sheet was black and white and too dark to see the details, but once I understood it was easy to do. The jump surface is 26-27 inches.

I’m happy with it and glad I got it.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-21, 01:38 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

I just looked at the Amazon reviews linked in the Woot! Site. They say this isn’t a real JumpSport, but a knock-off. I wonder what that is all about.

I remember having trouble finding any info when I tried to search before I ordered.
_____
YADeb
Old 02-14-21, 02:10 PM  
jusca

Thanks for the review, Deb! I'm closer to making a decision now.

I'm thinking the Jumpsport name was licensed to Stamina to sell a lower cost model without directly competing on the Jumpsport website with the Jumpsport lower end models. That's my guess.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-21, 02:15 PM  
jusca

Assembly video ... https://vimeo.com/460276210
Old 02-14-21, 03:24 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

I just thought of something else. One thing I don’t like is the plastic or rubber feet on the legs. They seem to be designed to help keep the rebounder from “walking” while being used, but they leave impressions on my carpet. The bottom center has a sharp needle-like projection that feels like it could damage the carpet. I may try to file those down.
_____
YADeb
Old 02-14-21, 08:56 PM  
T2B

I bought this. The only other trampoline I’ve tried is the Urban Rebounder with the springs.

This one is smaller and relatively quiet with a lot more give than the UR. I’ve done a couple of YT workouts and I think the YT rebounders are bouncier, at least it appears that way, seems like I’m a half a second off when doing a YT workout (could be my form, still trying to get that right). I’ve been using it here and there to get extra steps. Eventually, I’d like to start using it more for high impact moves.

Not sure how Stamina & JumpSport crossed paths. I compared the Stamina JumpSport to the lower end models on JumpSports website and the only difference I could see was the JumpSport Home on the Stamina version.

I like it a lot and I’m glad that I ordered it. The instructions for putting it together could have been better. That video is great, wish I had seen that before I started. It took me a while to figure that out.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 06:25 PM  
jusca

i caved . the weather is delaying the shipment. that will give me time to look for rebounding workouts to buy
Old 02-19-21, 08:29 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

TO: ALL you new BOUNCERS

Before buying any workouts (of course, we are vidiots). . . Please make sure to check out You Tube. There are a plethora of rebounding workouts available on there that are FAR BETTER than most of the videos out there.

As for bouncing in sync with instructors. It can be extremely difficult to do, no matter how many years you've been rebounding. There are so many variables. Some but not all : Your height vs. that of the instructor, weight, bungee strength, mat circumfrence, etc, etc. So many times I am way off what the instructor is doing. Sometimes I catch up, sometimes I don't. But it's something you need to be aware of when boucning.

Check out Naomi Joy on you tube.
Also check out San Fran on you tube.
There are a gazillion other ones also, but these two instructors are my favorite.
Just do a search for "rebounding" or "bellicon" . Then you also get suggestions.

Both have beginner workouts (I have been bouncing for years and STILL enjoy the beginner workouts). Just because they are dubbed beginner does NOT mean they are easy.

And of course, I use it during high impact regular videos for moves that would normally have me pounding on the floor.

LOVE my rebounder!!!
Welcome to the world of rebounding.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-21, 05:12 PM  
jusca

Thanks, Cleda! I will look them up.
Old 02-20-21, 06:31 AM  
T2B

Cleda - thanks for the info. I didn’t find any interesting rebounder dvds either. I only looked on Mary’s site. I like wearing my wireless headphones when bouncing so YT workouts work best for me.

jusca - I don’t think you’ll regret your purchase. I like the Tramp It workouts on YT, too! Tramp It #12 is a lot of fun.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jumpsport, rebounding