Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-20, 03:21 PM  
fanofladyvols

Hey everyone! I have been cooking and baking like crazy. I'm making the same variety but making smaller quantities or freezing things when I'm able. It is a small scale celebration with only my daughter here but trying to make it special anyway. It snowed overnight but it's been a really long time since snow happened on Christmas. I didn't get any exercise in yesterday but will be doing something today.

Donna second college visits sound like a great idea! And you always pick such a great variety in your workouts.

Dana I like your goal of consistency. When a goal is simple, it's easier to accomplish!

Carol I like doing different exercises as a way to keep my body conditioned. I heard somewhere how important Prehab is. Makes for better warmups too. Instead of just random cardio but making your warmup specific to the body part/area to be conditioned. I need that stuff so much as I get older.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-20, 08:07 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Hope everyone's Christmas Day was exactly what they needed! I took a complete rest day - no exercises, no walk day, no nothing. Back to it today!

Dana - So glad that your tests all came back normal and so quickly too! Yay! Aging pets - that's oh so hard.

Linda - Snow sounds fun for Christmas - we have that every once in a while. One of my favorite childhood Christmas memories is when we were in a heavy snow band in extreme southern Oklahoma and got 10 inches of heavy, glorious snow (more than we would get in 2 or 3 years combined down there). It was so heavy it collapsed the roof of the local car dealership. That part wasn't the good memory, but the rest of it was great.

Donna - the radio play sounds good and creative. CoVid is making everyone re-think how to do things. I get what your daughter is saying about not being too close to home. I was about 2 hours from home and that was plenty. Although not the greatest social butterfly, the distance encouraged me to not go home every weekend like some folks did who lived closer.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-20, 08:32 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did squeeze in a short yoga practice w/ Lesley Fightmaster - one I had done frequently a few years ago - Yoga for Sciatica. it is just a nice lower back and hip routine and it is short, too at 15 minutes.

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen - Super Fast Body Blast
Yoga w/ Kassandra -15 Min Morning Yoga

Carol - yesterday was a nice, low key day. I suspect the same for today. it is really cold for me (20's) so not sure if I can stand to walk in this...although it is my and DD's short walk day. Sunday is the long walk - hopefully it will be warmer tomorrow. As it turns out - the school she is looking at going to is the most economical option b/c it is a state school and she got a scholarship. I guess she needs to decide how far away from home she wants to be. The next best choice, cost wise is the school that is 20 min away - b/c she got a nice scholarship from them - that would be the easiest option for the horse.

Linda - I did a bit of cooking and baking, too...and much of it will go in the freezer as well!

Waves, Dana....

Hope everyone has a nice day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-20, 12:50 AM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Merry Christmas to everyone!!

I've been doing a lot of stepping with some weights thrown in. We've been hanging out together as a family doing Christmas movie marathons and some of us have been binging a season of Survivor. We're just spending time together talking about the characters and goings-on with the shows. It's been fun.

I'm waiting not-so-patiently for whatever new program Jessica Smith is releasing to the world.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-20, 08:23 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Jessica Valent - Full Body Workout for Women Over 50 - this one included some standing traditional exercises w/ weights along w/ some Pilates exercises and PT exercises on the floor. It was a nice mix.

Jessica Valent - Pilates for SI Joint - another nice routine -some slight overlap to the exercises I did in the full body workout.

Yoga w/ Adriene - Yoga for Flexibility

Jessica V's stuff is always nice for a little bit of Pilates and PT.

If it warms up DD and I may walk today - we skipped yesterday - but since we're both off this week we may do our long walk tomorrow when it is supposed to get up to 50.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 12-27-20, 08:47 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Yesterday's workouts were

Walk - 30 minutes;
Jessica Valant - Pilates for Beginners - Total Body Workout - 22 minutes

Easing back into it after a day off! I would have added on another Jessica Valant pilates workout but YouTube was not wanting to cooperate with me. I felt lucky to get the one finished that I did.

Donna - I'm having a little Jessica Valant remorse, wishing I had subscribed when I could. Oh well, I'm betting there's another opportunity pretty soon.

Brenda - That sounds fun! My son and I watched the original "Out-of-Towners" movie on Christmas Day and laughed pretty hard. He thought I was kidding when I told him we used to have hijackings to Cuba all the time - that is until he looked it up on Wikipedia. I'm also waiting impatiently for Jessica's new program!

Waves to all ~

Carol
Old 12-27-20, 09:36 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Few days ago I boxed up about 60 dvds I wasn't using and in the process I came across Erin O'Brien's Ageless Body Strong Body (?) dvd. I've decided to do it this morning and while I liked the warm up (10min) I wasn't clicking with Erin so I've decided to switch to something else.

I felt energetic, so I thought I'll do Cathe's Metabolic workout, which I liked, but I couldn't remember if it was from the ICE or LITE series that I liked. I started with ICE. I did the warmup (10min) which was more like an intermediate workout than a warmup, but then Cathe started with air jacks and burpees, so that was the end of this for me. I then switched to LITE Metabolic Blast and did one of the premixes with was about 30min. Long story short and between all this, my workouts totalled about 50 minutes this morning.

I'm looking forward to watching football today and relaxing. I wish everyone a good day.
Old 12-27-20, 10:51 AM  
donnamp

Carol - I almost bet that Jessica will open her membership up again in January - I think she did last year...it is prime "fitness resolution" season so I think a lot of instructors offer deals and/or open up closed memberships during this season. I do like her stuff - it fits well with whatever else I may be doing. The Out of Towners sounds like a good movie - I will have to see where it is available. I remember seeing the original years ago.

Good job, Dana!

Waves Brenda...

Donna
Old 12-27-20, 06:41 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Pahla B - The Strength Workout You Need - 25 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Pilates to Feel Your Best - 12 minutes

Both from YouTube.

Pahla's strength workout used moderate dumbbells - 5's for her and 4's for me. Her strength work always ends up being more challenging than I expect it to be.

Smriti's pilates routine was one she uploaded to YouTube a few days ago - you start out on the floor with single leg stretch and double leg stretch and then move to hot potato and leg pull front and then finish with some standing range of motion work for the shoulders.

Donna - I suspect you are right about Jessica re-opening in early January.

Dana - Goodness, I have days like that when I feel like the Princess and the Pea or Goldilocks - nothing suits me.

Waves - off to watch some football.

Carol
Old 12-27-20, 06:54 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Carol - I almost bet that Jessica will open her membership up again in January - I think she did last year...it is prime "fitness resolution" season so I think a lot of instructors offer deals and/or open up closed memberships during this season.
That's what I was thinking too. If she opens up her membership but offers no special deals for annual membership, I may join for a month or so just to see how I like it.