Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-20, 09:47 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Stopping by to say hi!

I've been seriously slacking off with exercise lately although my diet has been pretty good. I've been very preoccupied with Basil and taking care of him. His physical decline continues and we never know what new issues will come up each day. His appetite is good, he is drinking his water and he doesn't appear to be in pain that we can see, but he still can't walk. His back legs seem to be affected somehow but he can move them so it's not like he's paralyzed. As long as his spirits are high and he's not in any pain, we'll continue tending to him and keep him in comfort. The day will come when we'll lose him but it's not today.

I'm excited for Jessica's new 12 week set. I will buy it for sure. I need something new.

Carol and Donna, enjoy your break from work! Donna, I hope you don't get any emergencies and can enjoy your time off. I'm going to the office tomorrow just to wrap some things up but then I won't be going back until the following week for a day or two.

Hi to Linda, Cheri, Brenda and Christine!
Old 12-18-20, 03:56 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

I've been doing stepping the last few days.

I'm totally excited about whatever Jessica Smith is putting out into the world and wish she would do more than tease us! Tell us more! I'll probably buy whatever it is, assuming it'll be on DVD. Rumors are flying, which is part of why I wish she would just tell us rather than let the false news get spread around. I'm not really angry LOL just want to know sooner rather than later.

And I officially have my first paying job since 1995. It's not much... just doing monthly bank reconciliations for a small local company. But the company hopes to grow and they will want someone to eventually do all of their bookkeeping (the owner does most of it currently) so we'll see what happens. My friend has worked with these same people for 15+ years and is pretty sure that my job will expand over time.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-20, 08:51 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workout was

Pahla B - Body Shaping for Women Over 50: Day 6 - 28 minutes (walking with weights)

This was a typical Pahla Walking with Weights workout - 30 seconds of walking, 30 seconds of low impact cardio/weight moves. No rest. It was moderate. I used my 2's.

Brenda - Congrats on the job! I too wish Jessica would just spill the beans, but this is how she approaches new releases. She's always secretive - not sure why.

Dana - Sorry about Basil. It's hard.

Donna - I hear you about being on call for emergencies. It's the same with me. I already have a Zoom scheduled for the Sunday before we go back on the 4th.
I'm still scared of WS3 - I've done probably all of the workouts by now, but they are challenging for me. Of course that won't stop me from ordering Jessica's Lift & Shift as soon as it's available.

Waves to all ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-20, 07:51 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workouts:

Pahla B - Body Shaping for Women Over 50: Day 7 - 28 minutes (run/walk);
Jessica Smith - Gentle Yoga Plus Pilates - Standing Practice - 30 minutes

Goodness - Jessica's standing practice has a ton of balance work in it. I used a chair so I wouldn't be perpetually falling over and I still had issues. Obviously balance is not my strong suit.

Waves to all ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-20, 10:17 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana thank you for the update on Basil. It makes me so sad for you. But I am also happy to read that he doesn't seem in pain. I don't know where Basil's fav scratch place is, but give him an extra one for me.

Everyone: I am VERY interested in the possibility of a new set from Jessica.

Brenda Count me in on preferring JS announce the details.

Carol that balance work is something we can always work on no matter how old we are. Trying to maintain those reflexes is difficult. Definitely, lifelong goals for all!

Donna speaking of balance work, you warned me about XFST#5 and boy you were right. Lots of balance work with cardio and core. I had to modify my own way bc the modifier took the intensity or balance out too much. But it was a good tough.

I have DOMS but in a good "worked out" way so will only do some CS for today's workout.

Waves to Christine and Cheri!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-20, 11:20 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Ellen's Slim & Sleek Fast - 40m. She did this one for Self.
ePilates Core Connect - 15min.

Inspired by another thread, I've asked my husband to find me some suitable empty boxes in the garage and bring them to my workout room so that I can pare down my DVD collection - and maybe donate what I don't use to Goodwill. What he did instead, is that he brought me some empty boxes AND the boxes of the DVDs I've previously boxed up and left in the garage. I spent a good hour looking through my old stuff and found a treasure trove there - including Ellen's Slim & Sleek above. I haven't done it in over 5 or more years and I forgot how much I liked it. So far, the result of my decluttering is that I now have 5 more DVDs in my workout room and none boxed up. Yet!

Brenda and Linda, I'm with you in that Jessica is awfully vague with detail of her new upcoming "series". What exactly is it? I interpret it to be a DVD set but as alisoncooks pointed out, nowhere does Jessica say that these will be DVDs. Personally, I don't like to be teased like this. Just tell me what it is. If it's a new DVD series, I will be buying it for sure.

Basil is doing better today (he enjoyed the extra scratch from Aunt Linda ) and we have football on today with nothing else to do. Life is good!

Hi Carol, Donna, Cheri and Christine!
Old 12-20-20, 05:12 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana I picked that Self workout from a bargain bin but haven't tried yet. I had seen a few minutes of it when it was in YouTube and it looked like a great workout and not one to purge, imho. Lol, on your husband bringing you the boxes. It's like Christmas again, huh? Are you going to rotate the ones inside for the ones in the boxes for a bit? Just to look at something different? I'm glad Basil is having a better day.

Today was Brazilian body Dance and be fit warmup and 1st segment plus XFST#6. And XFST#5 is harder than #5 and #6 is my favorite in the set so far. . All of the dance and be fit workout segments have been fun and leave me smiling!

Have a MAHVELOUS Monday everyone!

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 12-20-20, 05:31 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Dana I picked that Self workout from a bargain bin but haven't tried yet. I had seen a few minutes of it when it was in YouTube and it looked like a great workout and not one to purge, imho. Lol, on your husband bringing you the boxes. It's like Christmas again, huh? Are you going to rotate the ones inside for the ones in the boxes for a bit? Just to look at something different? I'm glad Basil is having a better day.
Hi Linda! Actually, the first few minutes of that Self workout is kind of slower barre-like warmup but the cardio segment and the weight segment is quite good. It doesn't kill you but you feel like you've had a nice workout. I enjoyed it.

Yes, I'm going to rotate some of the older box dvds with newer ones I've acquired in the past 2-3 years. Couple of hours ago I went back to my workout room and I've actually pulled some DVDs that I haven't been using and put them in the box to go into the garage. I now have a bit of room for my new dvds that are stacked in the corner of the room. I'm on a mission to clean up and re-organize my room for the New Year. 2021 will be my year to lose the weight and be more consistent with my workouts. Speaking of weight, I looked at my log on Jan 1, 2020 and found out that as of today I weigh 5 lbs LESS. OK, so it wasn't the 35 lbs I wanted to lose but at least I didn't gain any weight. I'm going to do better in 2021.

Linda, what's XFST?

Yes, Basil is doing better and because he's pretty much hand fed since we bring the food to him, he's gained 1 lb which he needed. He's still not walking, though.

I'm off next week and I plan to enjoy my time off by organizing my workout room.

Waves to all!
Old 12-20-20, 06:31 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana...sorry!! XFST is from Weider. The full name is X factor sequential training set. Street date was 2014. I'm not sure if you ever picked it up back in the day? I just did myself this year but am not using according to the rotation.

https://www.amazon.com/Weider-X-Fact.../dp/B00FGBCHK4

Old 12-20-20, 06:34 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Dana...sorry!! XFST is from Weider. The full name is X factor sequential training set. Street date was 2014. I'm not sure if you ever picked it up back in the day? I just did myself this year but am not using according to the rotation.

https://www.amazon.com/Weider-X-Fact.../dp/B00FGBCHK4
Yep, I have it! I found it today in the box that was in the garage and said to myself - hmm, I should do this again. I believe I only did it once years ago when I purchased it. Hehehe....I am a true vidiot.

ETA: This is a prime example why I rarely (if ever) purge my collections. Now, I want to try this set again and voila! I already/still have it! Wow! It's listed on Amazon for 54.45? I KNOW, I got it for a lot cheaper back in the day.