Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-20, 09:31 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Apologies in advance for the quick post - I'm running late as usual as I had to deal w/ a work emergency first thing...ugh.

So, today was:

Pahla B - 25 Min Total Body Workout -
Yoga w/ Adriene - Lower Back Love

I'm toying w/ a Pahla B/Yoga w/ Adriene rotation for January -doing both of their new January programs - Pahla is doing another weight loss series in January and Adriene is doing her traditional 30 days of yoga....I did like today's combo..so we shall see how it plays out in January!!

Carol - ugh, I don't blame you at all for being mad. As women we are repeatedly told not to make a scene, even if we are uncomfortable, plus, adding to the fact that you have a personal connection w/ the hairdresser just makes it more awkward. Sending prayers that you do not get sick - hopefully all will be well.

Brenda - those FIRMs are among my favorites of the "new" releases that came out after Anna and Cynthia Benson were less involved -

Dana - agreed, psychologically, switching over to 2021 will be an improvement. Fingers crossed 2021 is a better year for the world...

Linda - If you are feeling like you need to, certainly take it down a notch and do shorter workouts or less intense workouts, whatever works!

Oh well, mus run...

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-20, 07:47 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Jessica Smith's 4 Mega Miles

I'm working on finishing up the February Fusion rotation.

Good workouts, ladies!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-20, 07:01 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Wednesday's workouts were

Jessica Smith - 21 Day Walk On: Hiit Walk - 30 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - 10 Minute Full Body Stretch

Hmmm. I found Jessica's Hiit Walk somewhat challenging and normally I don't find it very challenging. Obviously I'm not doing enough cardio. While adding on Jessica's stretch I realized I was sore, I guess from Monday's weight work.

I broke up with my hairdresser. He was either totally oblivious or just acted that way. "I never realized..." Duh, it's the law, wear your mask. How about noticing that your customer has a mask on? That might be your first clue. "Who else didn't have their mask on?" Uh, everyone in there. Etc., etc., etc. I'm still DONE. At least I didn't break up with him on twitter or via Facebook.

Dana - In the western part of Texas, I would say that mask wearing is not taken seriously by most. I started wearing a mask fairly early on, and I was often the only person who had one on (except for the Asian folks I might encounter at the store or store employees, sometimes). I've been blessed to work where we required them early on, and we enforced that, much to many people's irritation. I'm thankful our Governor, although he hasn't done much after the initial round of shutdowns, at least issued a mask mandate in early July. A toothless, unenforceable one, but at least there is one.

Folks out here think they won't get it, or if they do get it, they think it will be just another virus. Much like folks thought about smoking and lung cancer, mandating seat belt usage, or even worse, drinking and driving. For the longest time, I hate to say, Texans (especially males) felt like it was their right to drink beer and drive their cars - "they weren't hurting anyone". When the State lowered the legal limit blood alcohol levels to .08 from whatever it was, folks were annoyed. The bottom line out here - folks don't want the Government (or anyone else) telling them what to do. Independence is good, but we have independence on steroids.

Donna - Nice job with your workouts - that sounds like a good combo for 2021. I think I'll do Pahla's new WLC for sure. I had some time last night while making a birthday cake for DS and listened to Pahla's Wednesday Q & A to get my Pahla fix. Thinking of cancelling SBF and Pilates Nest for now. I need to save some $$.

Brenda - I liked Jessica's February Fusion rotation. I loved her Strong & Calm rotation.

Waves to all ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-20, 08:37 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

JS 6 Mile Mix Up - 50min. I did WU, Steady Burn, UB Sculpt and Interval Cardio Abs and CD.

I'm struggling nowadays with my workouts. I'm not very motivated and probably because of it, I'm having trouble deciding what I want to do each day. Lately, the result has been that I end up doing nothing. I'm just feeling tired.

Carol, I hear you that most people don't want to be told what to do (myself included) but sometimes it's not all about me, me, me. We have to look at the big picture. If we all made some sacrifices, maybe this pandemic would have been over long ago. I guess this is why I'm feeling tired and discouraged. This endless doom and gloom is dragging me down and it's making me feel pessimistic.

I have to run to the office today. I'll check back later.

Waves to all!
Old 12-10-20, 08:45 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Dana, I agree. By nature we humans are not self-sacrificing and I agree that's gotten worse in the last 50 years or so. But there is hope - it's not going to be this way forever. I think things will be much better by the summer.

Carol
Old 12-10-20, 08:04 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Most of Jessica Smith's Barre Sculpt; stepping

Carol, thanks for the reminder about the Calm & Strong rotation. I printed that one out to do next. It'll be good to have that going as I go into January, which might be the busiest one of my life. Getting homeschooling going again for 2 boys including attending weekly co-op 75 min. away; church bookkeeping's busiest month (donation reports, anyone?); 10 college credits starting; and taking on a 4 hour a month job doing bank reconciliations for a company. And Covid weirdness still happening. It should be fine but.... breathe... just breathe...

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-20, 06:55 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Thursday's workout was

Pahla B - Age Defying Workout (Walking with dumbbells) - 27 minutes

This is Pahla's "birthday" workout - using her favorite workout format, 30 seconds of walking and 30 seconds of cardio moves with dumbbells. It wasn't too strenuous - Pahla talked about aging and a positive way to approach aging. Good workout. She is 51.

Brenda - Oh my, you are going to be one busy lady! Those are all things I enjoy doing though - well, all but the CoVid craziness part. I loved homeschooling back when we did it, but we didn't have to drive far for our co-op - we only did a biology co-op using the local junior college's lab and lab assistant that we paid. Back when I homeschooled, co-ops weren't common - heck, homeschooling was just barely legal in Texas. Actually that's an exaggeration - homeschooling became legal in Texas in 1994, after a Texas Supreme Court decision. We started in roughly 1999.

Waves to Donna and Dana.

Carol
Old 12-11-20, 08:48 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I think I missed checking in yesterday, so I will catch up:

Thursday:

Pahla B - 25 Min Walk & Tone
Yoga w/ Adriene - Upper Body Love
LWR - Advent Challenge Day 10 which was a 7 min "HIIT"

Friday, so far:

Pahla B - Weight Loss Cardio & Strength for Women over 50
Jessica Smith - Fusion Fix - 15 min workout

I am going to attempt to squeeze LWR's workout in today, as well. I'm planning to leave work early but we shall see how that goes. I may also go w/ my DD to the barn....

I have done mostly Pahla workouts this week and interestingly I do feel some soreness - it is interesting b/c each individual workout does not seem like it is doing anything, but taken cumulatively, I definitely feel a difference.

Brenda - that sounds like a very busy time for you - but it all sounds like good things.

Dana - I agree about this whole situation - and people needing to see the bigger picture of how their individual actions affect the whole. It is sad to see how selfish people can be, honestly. At least, around here, people are pretty compliant - even if they don't agree - they still follow the rules.

Carol - I'm glad your broke up w/ your hairdresser. I have been listening to Pahla's chat this week in bits and pieces.

I'm thinking about doing some sort of Jessica Smith rotation through the end of the year. Excited about her new DVDs and hopeful for more to come! I also don't want to burn out on YwA or Pahla b/c I think my January rotation will be following their workouts for the month. I looked at Jessica's pre-planned rotations, but I'm thinking I may just do my own thing w/ her DVDs - particularly the ones w/ outdoor scenery. I'm sort of thinking of starting w/ some of her older ones - and working forward....or maybe not even getting that restrictive - maybe just following a template of cardio - strength - fusion - yoga.....or something of that nature.

decisions, decisions...

Happy Friday -

Donna
Old 12-11-20, 09:05 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Hi ladies ~

Today's workouts were

Pahla B - Total Body Strength Training for Beginners and Beyond - 24 minutes & Standing Cool Down - 5 minutes

This was an older workout from Pahla - she actually counted reps, no gym boss timer at all. I used 5 lb dumbbells - for the most part - and found this one tough at times.

Donna - Nice job! Pahla definitely talks about the cumulative effect of her workouts. Yes, goodbye hairdresser!

Waves ~

Carol
Old 12-12-20, 09:17 AM  
donnamp

Hi!

Yesterday I did add on Lucy's Day 11 workout which was supposed to be 20 min cardio (walking/jogging)/Tone but ended up being a bit longer. It was a good one though - one min of walking or jogging followed by one minute of a body weight toning exercise.

Today, so far, has been Jessica Smith - Yoga Fusion Fix - 30 min program.

I am supposed to walk later w/ my DD... so that will be my cardio for today.

So...I think my rotation for the rest of the month will be a Jessica Smith/Jessica Valent rotation.

JV has a template she follows every week:

Sunday - Rest/Active Rest
Monday - Steady State Cardio
Tuesday - Upper Body & More
Wed - HIIT
Thurs - Active Rest
Friday - Legs & More
Saturday - Steady State Cardio

I think I will use this template and fill in w/ Jessica S's workouts and Jessica V's workouts....and then for the new year I'll probably do Pahla's Weigh Loss challenge as well as 30 days of Yoga w/ Adriene.

Carol - i watched a little bit of Pahla's strength workout and I may squeeze it in later or tomorrow or sometime. I'd like to workout w/ Pahla before I "met" her, LOL!

I did pre-order Jessica's newest.

Hope everyone has a good Saturday!

Donna