Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-09-13, 08:58 AM  
sherry7899

The infomercial was on GSN and MSG channels this morning. The workouts are being sold through Gaiam.

There was only one very brief mention about the music. It said that the workouts included the songs "Satisfaction" and "Born This Way" plus other "hits" and songs written by Richard.

The introductory price was two payments of $29.95. I assume shipping is extra. I could not see the small print under the price.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-13, 09:29 AM  
sherry7899

Here is a listing of when the infomercial will air:

http://www.richardsimmons.com/j15/in...1887&Itemid=51

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-13, 10:44 AM  
horsemom2

Thanks for two more songs to add to my MUsic collection
No need to spend so much to have a few more songs to workout to

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-13, 02:25 PM  
oltlfan

Thanks for posting this. I love Richard!
oltlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-13, 09:29 AM  
oltlfan

On second thought, now that I've seen the infomercial, I don't think I will like these videos. They look too similar to his Blast Off series, which I hated. I miss his workouts from the 80s and 90s.
oltlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-13, 09:33 AM  
mle777

I saw the infomercial for this last night. Richard looked like he was having fun, as always. It looks like it would be a great set for a beginner, low-intermediate, or someone needing some motivation to move (no matter the level). Richard always makes me smile

DH watched the infomercial with me and I was telling him that when I was a kid (I was born in the late 70's) that I thought Willy Wonka and Richard Simmons were the same man and that in order to eat all that candy, he had to dance a lot to stay thin

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-13, 06:50 PM  
AlisonH
VF Supporter

This is slightly off topic but maybe not. He's going to be on General Hospital for the 50th anniversary. I checked out some youtube clips from when he was on back in the day, and they are priceless. I wonder if there's going to be any connection to his new releases and his brief stint on the show again.
AlisonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-13, 06:56 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i saw this infomercial today on what i think was called the "shop" channel (all they do is broadcast infomercials).

i heard one of the songs that he composed - he sings pretty good.

on that link that someone provided, the rotation consists of doing a designated disc for 1 month - although on the infomercial, he said the workouts get progressively harder. it's not clear whether there's different workouts on 1 disk or if it's the same workout with modfiers showing more advanced moves. it says "150 min of workout time" but then that breaks down to just 50 min/disc.

i'm curious how sophisticated the electronic FM is. if it's a portable "fit day" or something, then i can see why they're charging $60. even then, i think $60 is a high pricepoint for this.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-13, 10:57 AM  
imhere2dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
on that link that someone provided, the rotation consists of doing a designated disc for 1 month - although on the infomercial, he said the workouts get progressively harder. it's not clear whether there's different workouts on 1 disk or if it's the same workout with modfiers showing more advanced moves. it says "150 min of workout time" but then that breaks down to just 50 min/disc.

Each DVD has three short workouts: WHAT YOU GET

Quote:
Month 1: Commit!
Jump start successful weight loss by upping your fitness potential and burning off body fat.

CARDIO 1: (approx. 20 minutes)
A classic cardio routine anyone can do! The dance moves stay basic to get the body moving and those calories burnin'.

TONING 1: (approx. 15 minutes)
Easy-to-do upper body moves alternate with quick, fun lower body cardio bursts. You use light weights to build a foundation of strength and heat up your metabolism.

CHALLENGE: BALANCE (approx. 10 minutes)
This fabulous, fat-melting routine perfects posture and balance. You'll be empowered to stand tall and move with grace.

Month 2: Push!
Keep the weight loss coming as you tone, sculpt and reshape your body.

CARDIO 2: (approx. 25 minutes)
Still keeping it low impact, the steps are more challenging to increase your calorie and fat burn. It's an all-out dance party designed to melt inches.

TONING 2: (approx. 15 minutes)
Up the sculpting power with increased sets and targeted moves that tone the whole body. Cardio bursts in-between sets keep calorie burn high.

CHALLENGE: ABS (approx. 10 minutes)
Work your core muscles in every direction with targeted moves like the Classic Crunch, the Plank and the Superman.

Month 3: Burn!
You're ready! More reps and challenging moves have been added to transform your body and change your life.

CARDIO 3: (approx. 30 minutes)
With a faster beat and power moves, this cardio party lets you dance, dance, dance those pounds away!

TONING 3: (approx. 15 minutes)
The moves are bigger and incorporate core muscles - even the high energy cardio bursts. You get a fat-melting, total body toning experience.

CHALLENGE: ENDURANCE (approx. 17 minutes)
Build muscular endurance with nine exercises that target your upper body. In-between, standing core moves sharpen balance skills and tone your tummy.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-13, 10:14 AM  
imhere2dance

So, yeah, I'm a big liar. "I'm not interested." My set arrived last week.

I've done 8 of the 9 workouts. I'm not following a rotation. The workouts are enjoyable, but extremely repetitive. All of the cardio is similar, but each month progresses in intensity and reps. For example: there are tons of Repeater Knees, which Richard calls Leg Lifts. You do them in sets of 8 the first month, sets of 16 the second month, and sets of 24 the third month. Month three has some Jumping Jacks and Jump Ropes. I worked up a light sweat each time. I like the music a lot.

The toning workouts focus on the upper body. You do a bunch of Grapevines and a short set of upper body moves, which you repeat twice. All three months follow this identical pattern. I'm disappointed that there's no real lower body work. A few small Pliés with my Bicep Curls don't cut it for me.

Month one has a 10 minute balance challenge. It's good! Month two has a 10 minute abs workout. I don't see myself wanting to do it again because it's very easy and basic. The only workout I haven't tried yet is month three's endurance challenge. I previewed it, but I don't remember much. I know it started with upper body work and there are pushups at the end.

I bought the "Deluxe Package" with the nine workouts on three DVDs. The "Ultimate Edition" is $40 more. That package also includes two sets of dumbbells and a DVD called Let's Dance. My order arrived in one week. I sent Gaiam an e-mail that night: "I'm really happy with my new system, but I chose the Deluxe Package because I don't need dumbbells. However, I'm a huge fan of Richard's and I would love to get his Let's Dance workout. Is there any way I can purchase that separately?" Customer Service said they'd mail me a copy as a courtesy! I did it this morning. Let's Dance is very similar to the other cardio routines. It's 30 minutes, and instead of a million Repeater Knees, you do a million Charleston-type hops. LOL. After that comes 10 minutes of upper body toning. I skipped that portion. It's a lot like the other toning work, but with two sets instead of three.

Bottom line: I'll be using these DVDs for the cardio and balance. Toning might be okay sometimes as an add-on after the cardio, but I'm sticking with my usual strength training workouts.
* I have no interest in the FoodMover. I bought this for the workouts only. The FoodMover is made of cheap, flimsy plastic. The tab where the batteries go doesn't close properly on mine. I gave it away.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hope, richard simmons