Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-18, 03:54 PM  
Sara1000

I just ordered it. Using the 10off code and my Rewards Points it was only $20.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-18, 01:19 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

I'm so bummed...mine is supposed to be delivered today and I came down with a nasty cold a few days ago so I can't even try it.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-18, 01:56 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by acey View Post
I just had a brain fart. I was going to say that it was the Rob from some of Cathe's latest workouts, where she refers to him as "Superman." But no, it's Jari's Robb. My brain memory was Robbed!

Anyway, I agree, it's nice to see new instructors who were mentored by existing ones. Kind of like Patrick presenting Heather in her kickboxing workout.
LOL...I think the Rob you are referring to is from KCM’s Muscle Up. Or maybe Cathe has a Rob too??

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-18, 10:23 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I tried Jari/Rob's Ripped & Jacked yesterday. I had the time, ambition and interest in doing the entire workout (sans abs). I made it 20 minutes before performing a Joni O. And then did a Leslie Sansone workout so I didn't waste the session.

The Good:
Rob gives good form pointers.

The Not So Good (IMHO):
* Rob's cueing and counting are not great.
* Rob refers to the female exercises as "girls" at one point. That is a personal quirk of mine.
* Rob does stretches between exercises, but the "girls" just sit or stand there. Why aren't they stretching, too? They did the same exercises he did.
* No fun factor.

Now that I know what to expect, I'll try it again sometime. I really like slower workouts.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-18, 03:48 PM  
Sara1000

I too thought it was extremely strange the 'girls' just sat there frozen while he stretched.

Also, is 'slow and light' now a thing? If you want slow and heavy, I suppose you could pause the workout after 8 counts and take a short break before finishing the sets.
Old 09-28-18, 06:13 AM  
cyana

I got the impression that Rob was demonstrating appropriate stretches for the segment but in order to do a thorough stretch you really need to pause the DVD and do the stretches for whatever length of time feels good to you. I can only surmise this is due to the way the DVD is formatted by body parts so you could work a single body part - back, for example - then do your stretches and be done. And that the girls didn't stretch because they were going to move on to the next body part. To me, it would have seemed more logical to have everyone do a short but effective stretch and move on to the next segment. It didn't bother me, but it was different.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-18, 07:44 AM  
Sara1000

That makes sense. I haven't done the workout yet, only watched it. I was attracted by the workout being divided into a different short workout for each muscle group. That is the way I like to workout - a longish cardio (maybe a walk) plus a short strength workout focusing on a different muscle group each day.
Old 11-02-18, 07:12 PM  
Sharaz

I want it!!!! I love these types of workouts to shock my body. Life got in my way and Cathe newsletters prompt me to check what’s new
Old 11-02-18, 07:18 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
I was only slightly interested but after seeing the clips, I'm off to order. I LOVE that slow pace.
I think I might alt. a week of Cathe Slow and Heavy, one week, this 3 time a week for a week and then Amy Bentos Slow paced workout for a week.
A rotation with these 3 sounds perfect! I would try each one for 3 weeks. All are quite different splits which is a plus for muscle confusion.
Old 11-03-18, 05:29 AM  
Tanja

I really like Get Ripped and Jacked. It is thorough, quiet, slow and you can concentrate 100 % on the exercise. It is nice to have a strength routine that does not have you out of breath.

My husband is doing that routine on the Bowflex Revolution and he loves it.
Tanja is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jari, jari downloads, jari love, ripped and jacked