Old 04-22-14, 11:17 AM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

Sara Haley Preggo and Bullied

Sara is very pregnant read this article.Sara Haley
mwelters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-14, 12:56 PM  
slysam

Weird! Especially troubling are some of the comments about her body when obviously pregnant. I find it a weird thing about modern society that it is generally considered rude to give people unsolicited health advice or comment on their bodies or touch them without permission--but all those usual rules seem to not apply to women who look visibly pregnant. I have her prenatal workout set "Expecting More" and it is actually a pretty good set of prenatal workouts for women who were active/fit before pregnancy. It doesn't include pull-ups or anything like that, though that would probably be impractical for home use especially prenatal home use since a lot women can't normally do pull-ups (me). But if someone can, more power to them! I am not familiar with any of her other workout DVDs though.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-14, 01:05 PM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

I was floored when I read this column as Sara is a professional fitness instructor and obviously knows her own body and limitations. But to actually say rude comments to your face, stupid people in my opinion.

MariaW
mwelters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-14, 02:21 PM  
andtckrtoo

Good heavens - what a bunch of busy bodies!! I agree with Slysam - there are certain demographics that are considered fair game - one is pregnant women. Some others re very heavy set people - male or female - but most especially female; and very slim people.
Old 04-22-14, 02:43 PM  
moonbeam31

did people actually say those rude comments to her or in earshot of her and she overheard it at the gym? That is crazy! She is adorable!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-14, 06:30 PM  
Eibhinn

A friend of mine is naturally very thin - she loves food and eats a lot of it, but has never struggled with her weight, even a little bit. When she was pregnant on numerous occasions women she didn't know (always women) walked up to her and admonished her for not eating enough, telling her that she was hurting her baby/her baby wasn't going to be healthy. The whole thing was extremely upsetting for her. It was also a bit ironic since she wanted a natural childbirth and her doctor was warning her that it might not be possible because her baby was so big. She did manage to naturally deliver her nine pound son. It's astonishing how many people feel pregnant women are public property not deserving of basic courtesy. I think the reality is actually that North Americans have become so accustomed to ill-health that many people don't even know what a healthy pregnancy looks like anymore.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote