Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-09, 10:00 AM  
pattyd0319

I did Jari's original Ripped a couple times this week and then a portion of her new workout today and her posture itself is so noticeably slumped. Even in her ab workout her shoulders were really rounded as she walked around. She still looks beautiful but its so noticeably different from Ripped where she has such perfect posture and reminds you to be 'chest proud' and stand like a soldier. Maybe her production crew has changed or rushed as someone else suggested?
pattyd0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-09, 10:38 AM  
bubbles76

I noticed all the same things you did, and that was just in workout one. However, since I've been working out with Jari so long, I could ignore her form and just concentrate on the background folks. But, my poor knees couldn't take all the pulses. I regretfully traded it, but I hope to get it back again, if only not to break up the set
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-09, 01:05 PM  
Mandy

I was disappointed in that the only chest work is pushups. No chest presses or chest flies???!!! I love the chest work in Get ripped and Chiseled. Also Jari and the other girl on the right keep having to pull up there tarzan tops since they keep drooping lower and lower. I thought all the comments to the woman with 7 kids about "getting a babysitter" or "the twins comment" or"kick the teenager" will get tiresome after doing this workout over and over. I guess I have to hear those comments alot having 8 kidsd and don't feel like hearing it in my workouts! I also thought the "your fired" comment to the other girl who messed up on the count not very nice. I'm sure it was all in fun and sarcastic but it just left a bad taste.
I also notice's Jari's posture;her shoulders slumped. And her bicep curl's had bad form. She did exactly what Cathe said not to do by swinging the elbows back during the negative bicep curl. And the reverse lunge with a double arm row? With double arm row, you have to be leaning forward with good form but you can't do this in a reverse lunge which the posture has to be upright. I couldn't do this with proper form so I subbed a forward lunge on my incline step so I was leaning forward. Then I could do the double arm row. These are my observations.
The set reminded me of the first Bodypump video being dark with red letters.
There is way too much shoulder work and not enough tricep work. The music was really upbeat though. Everybody is really muscular and tan.
It was ok but it makes me want to run back to Cathe
Old 04-18-09, 07:41 PM  
adrien_73

All I can say is, I did both sections for the first time today, and burned 435 calories! For me, burning 400+ calories during a strength routine is UNHEARD of! Even with my kbell DVDs I ususally burn less than that. (but they are a bit shorter...) I do agree with a lot of the comments here, and I do wish there was more chest work. But I don't plan on using this DVD exclusively so I think everything will balance out.

It felt tough. Definitely a keeper for me, but not my favorite Jari DVD.
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jari love