Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-30-08, 04:01 PM  
mschris

Luprisi-
I followed Jari's advanced rotation for 4 weeks and lost 8 lbs! I love her workouts and think they are incredibly effective. I was already doing R & C and R1000 prior to the rotation, so I think I had gotten past the bad DOMS.
-Chris
mschris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-08, 04:12 PM  
spanishcurls

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschris
Luprisi-
I followed Jari's advanced rotation for 4 weeks and lost 8 lbs! I love her workouts and think they are incredibly effective. I was already doing R & C and R1000 prior to the rotation, so I think I had gotten past the bad DOMS.
-Chris

What is her advanced rotation? Thanks for sharing.
spanishcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-08, 12:19 AM  
mschris

Spanishcurls-
I can't post the actual rotation as it is copyrighted. But the advanced rotation alternates R & C with R1000 and cardio, 6 days a week. The first week is alternating cardio and weight days but then it moves into back to back weight days with circuit (R1000) followed by R & C with cardio every 3rd day. The 4th week is an easier recovery week. It was the only rotation I have ever followed, but it worked! And I experienced no overuse injuries, which I was worried about with back to back weights.
I am sure it also helped enormously that I cleaned up my eating as I wanted to see some definite results from all those workouts :-)
-Chris
mschris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-08, 06:38 AM  
spanishcurls

Thank you Chris!!!
spanishcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-08, 07:05 AM  
a_real_twit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom
Oh good, those tricep moves in R&C will kill you alone! I like the upper body work in that one, but it's a bit overkill for biceps.
Agreed, between the hammer curls and the bicep curls, you're doing over 200 reps with 8's if you match Jari. I did R&C on Monday and I had massive bicep DOMS for 3 days. I wasn't able to do weight again until yesterday (Thurs). I get more bicep DOMS with R&C matching Jari's weight than I do with Gymstyles or PUB matching Cathe's weight.
Old 10-31-08, 08:03 AM  
fit44

There is method to the madness of Jari's insane rep count for biceps.
Here is one article on t-nation.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...bigger_muscles
You can take any lagging body part and do the same. It's a great way to shock the muscle.
fit44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-08, 08:58 AM  
mtnmom

By the time you get to the bicep section of R&C, you're tired. And working biceps, to me, is boring. I often skip the hammer curls so I have time to add the abs section and keep the workout in an hour timeframe.

Come to think of it, I often skip the pushup and tricep dip sections as well. With tracks devoted to presses and flies, do we really need pushups? And my triceps were still sore the next day even without the dips!
Old 10-31-08, 01:57 PM  
gigi

I've had DOMS like that when I first started Cathe's workouts and not very often, but when I've done a new type of workout. I found that light cardio and stretching helped and there were moves in the cardio where I didn't squeeze or "work" certain body parts, but it seems to break up the lactic acid or help with the pain to get things warm and moving and to stretch after the cardio when I was really warm.
Old 10-31-08, 07:38 PM  
luprisi

Update

Ok, so yesterday I did 1 hr of cardio using my elliptical, today I have been feeling better, so I decided to try Ripped S&L, I couldn't even finish the warm up, any squats or lunges aggravates the pain I got from sunday's workout, I mostly feel it above the knees. I stopped and did elliptical for 35 mns. I am wondering when I'll be able to do ripped again. Maybe I should do just the 1st ripped and work my way to S&L. I SO WANT to do the rotation to firm up. I graduate on Nov 25th so I want to be flawless on my dress,

We'll see

Thanks to all of you for your support
luprisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-08, 07:59 PM  
a_real_twit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by luprisi
I graduate on Nov 25th so I want to be flawless on my dress
You'll be GORGEOUS in your graduation dress regardless. Congratulations!

Tags
jari love, jari love rotation, ripped to the core