Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-08, 09:16 PM  
luprisi

Jari Love Get Ripped to the Core

All right, so I wanted to start the intermediate rotation and this past Sunday, I did RTTC. Its now wednesday and I can barely walk, I can't sit down without almost crying. I don't want to get discouraged but I was hoping this serious DOMS would be gone by now. I haven't been able to workout ever since. Mabe tomorrow I try some cardio, I am just stretching out today. Has anyone experience that??
I been working out lately, not much leg work other than cardio, should I consider something else??

Please any help will be appreciated
luprisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-08, 09:25 PM  
babyweightbgone

I don't know if this helps but I at least want to say it's not unheard of. When I did Ripped and Chiseled the first time I tried foolishly to match weights ( sometimes w Gaylene-which was ok and then sometimes w Jari) I did get lower back pain from the deadlifts so the next day I did RTTC and had DOMS for about 3 days I just walked on those days. I found that signifigantly lowering the weights ( I mean to like #3 for some and #5 for others) for about two weeks helped. I then resumed normal weight matching and it was ok. For some reason it seemed my muscles took longer to get acclimated to these style of workouts. I don't know if that helps but just want to add that you are not alone in this.
babyweightbgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-08, 09:31 PM  
KathAL79

It sounds like you haven't done something quite like Jari's workout recently. The DOMS will lessen after each subsequent session you do in the next few months, but in the meantime don't be discouraged. The DOMS aren't saying that you're hopelessly out of shape or anything like that; they're just telling you this type of training is something that your body's not used to at all.

I had terrible DOMS after the first break-in workouts of NROL. After one I was sore in my thighs for 4-5 days; it was so bad the first few days I had trouble walking up stairs, but by the last day they were barely there. The next time I did those same workouts, I was sore for a few days, and after that not so much.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-08, 10:43 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

I think Jari's workouts seem less-than-advanced when you just look at the amount of weight used compared to Cathe, for example. But they are advanced workouts, IMO.

Personally, I find that higher-rep workouts like hers give me more DOMS than heavier-weight, lower-rep workouts.

I'd suggest a nice soak in a hot bath with epsom salts (and if you have some powdered ginger around, throw in a handful of that as well, as it helps reduce inflammation and increases blood flow). Doing an unweighted lower body workout can help with increasing blood flow.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-08, 10:43 PM  
luprisi

Thanks to both of you. It's nice to know that I'M NOT ALONE
I will try somee active recovery tomorrow, maybe elliptical or walking
Old 10-30-08, 07:37 AM  
Sara1000

I only did the upper body parts of RTTC and R & C and had major DOMS in shoulders and triceps. Next time I do them I will use tiny weights and work up. I agree this type of workouts give more DOMS than Heavy weight workouts, but myabe just because I'm not used to them.

Proceed with caution!
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-08, 08:26 AM  
mtnmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000
I only did the upper body parts of RTTC and R & C and had major DOMS in shoulders and triceps.
On the same day??!!!??

And, (scratching head here), how do you do the upper body parts of RTTC since most of the movements also involve squats, lunges or step-ups in tandem with upper body?

Luprisi, are you feeling better today?
Old 10-30-08, 08:50 AM  
Sara1000

Talking

[QUOTE=mtnmom]On the same day??!!!??

And, (scratching head here), how do you do the upper body parts of RTTC since most of the movements also involve squats, lunges or step-ups in tandem with upper body?QUOTE]

You are so right - it wasn't RTTC it was Slim and Lean- early morning mistake - and no, NOT on the same day LOL! I did a rotation where I alternated R & C and S & L for two weeks - with a couple of cardio only days in between Jari workouts.

Thanks for inquiring about my message!
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-08, 08:56 AM  
luprisi

I am feeling better today, but its been 4 days already. I'll be doing some cardio tonight and hopefully by tomorrow I will be able to do some Jari Love again. It's increadible, I mostly used 3 and 5 pounders. My upper body is not sore at all, I had the nice kind of soreness but My legs were screaming for mercy. Everywhere I touched them, it was a bad soreness. Thanks God is better today. I appreciate all your input

Any of you followed any ofJari Love's rotations? Results?
Old 10-30-08, 09:14 AM  
mtnmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000
You are so right - it wasn't RTTC it was Slim and Lean- early morning mistake - and no, NOT on the same day LOL! I did a rotation where I alternated R & C and S & L for two weeks - with a couple of cardio only days in between Jari workouts.
Oh good, those tricep moves in R&C will kill you alone! I like the upper body work in that one, but it's a bit overkill for biceps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luprisi
I am feeling better today, but its been 4 days already.
Good to hear it! I haven't done any really heavy or intensive lower body work in quite a while. Jari's work, I seem to be able to handle. Cathe's lower body workouts I'm very fearful of at the moment.

But thanks to this thread, I did RTTC yesterday. Great workout!

Tags
jari love, jari love rotation, ripped to the core