Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-07, 02:17 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Talking I got to preview Get Ripped & Chiseled!

VFer steakhousegirl, from the TLT checkin, suggested that I post here to let everyone know that I got a sneak peak at Jari' Love's upcoming video, Get Ripped & Chiseled! I tried it last night and I enjoyed it. On the one hand, it's very similar to some of her other workouts, especially Slim & Lean, but on the other, it's different in that she concentrates on one muscle group for several different exercises before moving on. Therefore, you really have to keep the weights low, and you really challenge your endurance.

I wrote a review of the DVD for amazon (link from my signature below), but I also posted a more detailed review here, which you can find at the bottom of the New Reviews page:
http://www.videofitness.com/reviews/new.php

Just to give you some more info about me, the original Get Ripped is my favorite--I just love the flow, the choice of exercises, and the fact that it's under an hour. I also kept Ripped 1000; I don't love it, but I enjoy doing weights/cardio circuits. I got rid of both RTTC and S&L though. RTTC just felt too awkward to me, I didn't like some of the moves, and the entire workout just wore me out due to the length and the compound moves, so it had a high dread factor. I was more on the fence about S&L, as there were some things about it I liked (especially the abs segment, which is actually included as a bonus on R&C), but it just felt too long. Now I'm glad since I like R&C much better--although it's also long (about 63 minutes), it just seems to flow better to me.

Hope this is helpful to the Jari fans out there, though I'm NOT trying to enable...

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-07, 02:37 PM  
gjv

Slim and Lean is my favorite of hers, so good news for me! Thanks for the review! Consider me enabled!
Old 09-26-07, 02:40 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Wow! Thanks for the great review, Beth! Did you feel that the work was balanced? For instance, I noticed that there seems to be more chest than back work. Did you feel that was an issue at all?

Sounds like a winner!
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-07, 02:46 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Fuzzie, even though there is just one back track, it was a bit longer than the others--but the chest work was tough, and I am feeling it there a bit today! It's kind of hard to say though. The triceps work actually felt kind of easy (the weren't many reps of the dips, and I used light weights for the rest), but I feel it in my tris today too. Some might say that the lunge/squat/deadlifts weren't enough to fully work your legs, butt, and hips--I thought it was fine, but I do like how Jari includes some lower body floor work (which I usually don't like, LOL!) in the original Ripped. I guess it really depends on the particular person.

Gayle, I definitely think that people who really like S&L will really like this one too.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-26-07, 02:50 PM  
suegy3

Not good for me...RTTC was my favorite. I wasn't a fan of the others. Oh well...
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-07, 02:51 PM  
a_real_twit
VF Supporter

Beth, I am so excited to read your review!!! I love, love, love S&L so I am very excited for this one. I'm with you on RTTC - just didn't like some of the moves. Okay, I'm off to read your review!

ETA - Excellent review, as always.
Old 09-26-07, 02:56 PM  
adrien_73

I had a feeling that was your review I read over at Amazon earlier today!

Thank you for all of the info! I preordered ages ago but keep going back to check on the release date.
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-07, 02:59 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Out of the first four videos, most people seem to like RTTC and S&L the most, but funny, I liked them the least! It's especially odd with RTTC, since I usually LIKE compound moves, but I just found them too awkward and grueling in that one.

One thing I forgot to mention (although I did put it in my review): Gaylene, who is in the Ripped 1000 video, is also in this one, and she says at the end that she is 57 years old!!! I was floored since I thought she was maybe a little older than me (I'm 39).

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-26-07, 03:03 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Yup, adrien, that's me on amazon as doctor_beth.

Btw, some people don't realize that people get to be amazon Top Reviewers because their reviews get rated as "helpful" by users (it has nothing to do with how many reviews you write, which is too bad since I've written over 1100!). So, if you have an account with amazon and read a review of mine that you like, I always appreciate the helpful votes!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-26-07, 03:06 PM  
F1mom

I'm SO jealous!!!!! That sounds like it was loads of fun. And count me in as someone who didn't care for S&L. It killed my knees, and I went whimpering back to Ripped.

So how much longer do us non-reviewing peons have to wait for this new Jari?
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jari love