Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-07-19, 05:09 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Streaming issue from iPad using Chromecast

I am streaming YouTube videos from my iPad to TV via my iPad. Once the video starts I cannot stop it from the iPad or even see how much time is left in the video. It is really driving me crazy.

Is this a case of the ioS device not being compatible with Chromecast? I launch the YouTube videos from the Google Home app on my iPad.

I really don't want to have to hook up my laptop to the TV. I suppose I could also stream through my Chrome browser on my laptop but I usually just prefer to use my tablet.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-19, 07:01 PM  
Lannette

Try using the chrome browser for iPad. From what I’ve read that should fix it. I put a link to an article in your other thread.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-19, 08:54 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Annette, I tried this from Chrome browser on my iPad but there was no cast option when I clicked on the three dot button. This works fine on my laptop through Chromecast.
Old 06-07-19, 09:35 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

My dad watches Youtube videos all the time on TV using his iPad and a Chromecast. He opens the Youtube app and touches the Chromecast icon in the corner of the video, and doesn't seem to have a problem with it. How old is your iPad? His is last year's model.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-19, 07:37 AM  
Judith L
VF Supporter

I usually aways use my desktop to cast videos to my TV through the Chrome browser but I just tried using my iPad to watch YT videos on my TV.

I have both a Chrome app and a YT app on my iPad-- I do NOT have the Google Home app on it. Using the Chrome browser on my iPad, I'm not able to cast YT videos, I need to open up the YT app and then I am all set and can start casting, pause, stop casting and see the video time in the bottom of the screen on my iPad. So the solution would seem to be to download the YT app from the Apple store and forget about Google Home.
Old 06-08-19, 01:21 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I do have the YT app. I was just launching YT from the Google Home app which is when I had the problem I mentioned. When I just cast directly from YT app without going through google home app it worked fine in that I could stop and start video and see the elapsed time. When I first got the Chromecast the instructions said to download Google Home and stream from there.
I like to be able to start and stop workout videos to readjust equipment etc. or to take a water or bathroom break.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Tags
streaming, tech, tech help