Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-10-15, 05:26 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Angry My neighbor opened my box...

Hi all,

I've recently ordered from Walmart during the Labour weekend, I found a couple of great deals on Christmas toys for my DD and went ahead and ordered few things. I was supposed to get my order today, but other than getting an e-mail thanking me for my Walmart order and then a day later with my order receipt, I never got an e-mail with a tracking number or just letting me know that my order have shipped, as they usually do.

So, yesterday we were having dinner, when suddenly our new neighbor called my DP to let him know he has a box of toys for him... My blood started to boil, I mean how the...? he knew it was toys?! My DP asked me if I ordered toys, I said yes, and I told him now go up and bring it back inmediatly, please. Yes, box was opened, he said the post man gave it to him... And he took it to his appartment and opened it? I meant, I've ordered several times from Walmart and they never sent me a gift... I meant really? If you haven't ordered something how come you open a box like that, without verifying the info on the BOX?? Also, the post man, why on earth he didn't ring me doorbell?! I'm so mad.

I was so pissed and went ahead and told him luckily I didn't order a vibrator, because I surely wouldn't have liked him to watch it. And, that I REALLY hope next time he gets my box for mistake, he better DO NOT OPEN it. My DP was not as pissed as he knows him, but I don't care... That was not right.

Have you experienced something like this? I never had this problem before.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-15, 05:31 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I assume the package was clearly addressed to you, so I can't imagine why your neighbor would open it! What the...?? I sometimes get my neighbors mail by mistake and I would never dream of opening it. I too, would be mad!
Old 09-10-15, 05:34 PM  
alydinva

I will admit that I don't always check the name on a package before I open it. If it's at my house, I assume it's for me (or my family).
alydinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-15, 05:35 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I assume the package was clearly addressed to you, so I can't imagine why your neighbor would open it! What the...?? I sometimes get my neighbors mail by mistake and I would never dream of opening it. I too, would be mad!
Thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking like that.

Exactly, the box had my name and appartment number, no way he could have thought it was for him! I've never opened something that is not my mine, not even DP letters... I keep thinking what about if something was missing, how could I know it was Walmart's fault... Or how about if he has a DD the same age?! Oh well...

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 09-10-15, 05:42 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alydinva View Post
I will admit that I don't always check the name on a package before I open it. If it's at my house, I assume it's for me (or my family).
I always check the name on the package or mail. Mainly because my husband and I are not in the habit of opening each others mail or packages. Not a secret by any means, it's just out of respect for privacy as individuals even if we are married.
Old 09-10-15, 05:42 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by alydinva View Post
I understand, if it is delivery at your house, but we live in a building with two appartments, so I always chek before picking any enveloppe, but for boxes, the post man have to ring the right doorbell. And I always check before opening anything, if it is for my DP I always gave it to him closed. I woudn't love my DP opening my things either

Old 09-10-15, 05:44 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I always check the name on the package or mail. Mainly because my husband and I are not in the habit of opening each others mail or packages. Not a secret by any means, it's just out of respect for privacy as individuals even if we are married.
My thoughts exactly.

Old 09-10-15, 05:54 PM  
alydinva

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
My thoughts exactly.
I absolutely respect my husband's privacy. One of his quirks is that he doesn't bother to open mail and he doesn't care if I do it for him.

With that said, I'm not saying that I never check labels. But I can't be sure that I check them 100% of the time. I would probably handle packages/mail differently if I lived in an apartment building.
alydinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-15, 06:31 PM  
smilingwolf

A few times, I have accidentally opened packages delivered to my house by mistake. Now, I check the address before I open anything. But, they were honest mistakes and that could be what happened in your case. I think the situation was made more upsetting because your neighbor actually stated what was in the package. He should have just taped it back up and redelivered it to you with a note.
smilingwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-15, 07:16 PM  
angie_nrs

I typically know when I'm expecting something as I don't order all the time. Plus, with Amazon (which is my usual package deliveries) I pretty much know it's gonna take a least a week to deliver. I got a few packages just prior to Christmas last year that were NOT mine. I'm glad I looked before I opened them since I definitely WAS expecting a delivery then and I was concerned that they wouldn't arrive on time. There were 3 boxes that were ALL for a person down the road. I called the post office right away and they were there within a few hours to pick up the packages off the porch. I figured if I was anxiously awaiting my Amazon delivery so was the person who's packages were delivered to me.

In your situation, ya, I think I would've been ticked off too, especially since you didn't even get an apology from your neighbor. People are so rude.
angie_nrs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
neighbor opened box