Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-15, 11:41 AM  
sophiesmom

For TA Streaming Peeps: Beginner Streaming offered with Master Class!

Check out your streaming account. Tracy is adding a Beginner streaming workout along with the usual Master Class!
You'll have access to both!

Thank God as I was gifted a subscription and the workouts are now over an hour and a half!
sophiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-15, 04:12 PM  
pcramer

If TA starts doing a beginner streaming option, I may indeed cave

Is this a one time thing or ongoing?!?!
Old 05-29-15, 04:25 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

I just tried the beginner class and it was nice - definitely WAY easier than her regular streaming but I still got a decent workout.

The class is 54 minutes. It begins with 30 minutes of standing work, with and without weights, including a bit of low-impact cardio. The moves were performed in a more deliberate way than usual and she did more reps. Then floor work for a little over 20 minutes, no ankle weights. That was short (considering that she does more than that on one side...) but she hit the main angles. Finished with 2 minutes of standing stretches.

It reminded me of Continuity, with a longer standing section and MUCH better music. Definitely something accessible to anyone interested in TA.

I think this new option really adds value to the subscription and it confirms my decision to renew. I can see myself using it in a few different ways:

*When I don't have as much time for my workout.
*When I don't have tons of energy.
*To add more TA workouts in a single week (I just can't do her regular streaming class 6 days/week)
*For recovery weeks.
*To customize my workouts: I think the first 30 minutes of this workout (the standing stuff) combined with the last hour of this week's regular streaming would be pretty awesome.

pcramer - Based on what she wrote on IG it sounds like this will be ongoing
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-15, 07:08 PM  
pcramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
I just tried the beginner class and it was nice - definitely WAY easier than her regular streaming but I still got a decent workout.

The class is 54 minutes. It begins with 30 minutes of standing work, with and without weights, including a bit of low-impact cardio. The moves were performed in a more deliberate way than usual and she did more reps. Then floor work for a little over 20 minutes, no ankle weights. That was short (considering that she does more than that on one side...) but she hit the main angles. Finished with 2 minutes of standing stretches.

It reminded me of Continuity, with a longer standing section and MUCH better music. Definitely something accessible to anyone interested in TA.

I think this new option really adds value to the subscription and it confirms my decision to renew. I can see myself using it in a few different ways:

*When I don't have as much time for my workout.
*When I don't have tons of energy.
*To add more TA workouts in a single week (I just can't do her regular streaming class 6 days/week)
*For recovery weeks.
*To customize my workouts: I think the first 30 minutes of this workout (the standing stuff) combined with the last hour of this week's regular streaming would be pretty awesome.

pcramer - Based on what she wrote on IG it sounds like this will be ongoing
Music to my ears!!! Thank you so much for the detailed review, I will be subscribing very soon!!!
Old 05-29-15, 09:39 PM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

I can't seem to find her site, the link seems to be broken. Can someone direct me to TA website?

TIA
mwelters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-15, 02:46 PM  
violetblonde

Just did this week's Beginner class and it was great! About 20 minutes of standing/arms/warming up and 30 minutes of MS. I used ankle weights throughout (she only puts them on for the last few MS moves) and still got a great workout and good sweat.

The regular Master classes have been getting way too long for my needs/preferences (up to 1h 45 minutes) so I'm thrilled to have this more manageable option. I can see myself using these more than the regular ones even though I am certainly not a TA beginner!
violetblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-15, 08:48 PM  
woodie

There's also a cardio add this week. I agree this option works so much better when I don't have nearly 2 hours to work out. The cardio is just under 40 mins.

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-15, 09:27 PM  
lorajc

Is it cheaper? How much?
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-15, 10:20 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
Is it cheaper? How much?
The beginner class is included in the regular subscription; you don't subscribe to it separately. So each week there will be 2 classes to choose from: beginner and the advanced.
Old 06-04-15, 11:22 AM  
lorajc

Still too expensive for me then.....I really wish she'd come out with a cheaper option for us "poor folk".
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tracy anderson streaming